At Milwaukee Oct 11 8:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2008' started by max, Oct 11, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yeah, he's really unsportsmanlike, showing up the opponent and his teammates. lol

@Lee - Thanks for the live blogging. That is very cool of you.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

3 of these fouls were offensive fouls while setting a pick. (note, all three of his turns were these 3 offensive fouls. Obviously, if he was in foul trouble at all, and we needed to keep him in the game, we could ask him to back off a bit on setting picks. Amir only had one defensive foul until late in the game.
  3. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Still need to improve on our rebounding though. We have 5 bigs (Sheed, Dice, Max, Amir & Brown) but out of the 4 pre season games, we got out rebound in at least 3 games. Add salt into wound, Tay & Affallo are good rebounders too. But how do get outrebound esp our opponent is shooting sub 40%?

Other than that, I'm very impressed.
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Mercury asked me a question over at the other board. I took the time to go over the game log to answer his question, in detail. He asked who Villanueva scored all those points on. Here is my answer:

Here is some of the answer. Amir left the game with 2 minutes to go in the first quarter, and we were up 24-14 at the time. Charlie had 8 points at the time. Since I was only listening to the game, I can't tell you who was guarding the guy every time, but I can tell you only scored 8 points - while the rest of the Milwaukee team only scored 6 in those 10 minutes. That is some pretty good D.
    Villanueva also missed 3 shots, threw the ball away twice, and fouled Amir to stop Amir from driving past him, in these 10 minutes. Only once did I hear that Villanueva backed Amir down - and Villanueva missed that one. (Villanueva loves to hit 15 foot jumpers for the most part.)
    Amir got some offense himself during this stretch, indeed, the best scoring he has done so far in this early preseason. This was the longest Amir has stayed in a game to start the game. He had no defensive fouls, but was called on 2 offensive fouls trying to set picks.

Villanueva and Amir came in at the same time to finish the last 4 minutes of the first half. We gained another 4 points on Milwaukee, which at that point meant Amir was a plus 14 when paired with Villanueva.
    Villanueva immediately drained a 17 footer. After that, Villanueva missed twice, had the ball stolen from him by Amir.
    Amir also blocked a shot during this stretch. Amir still has only the two offensive fouls to this point. Villanueva had scored a total of 10 points, while Amir was in the game over a total of 14 minutes. The rest of the Milwaukee team scored 12 points in those same 14 minutes. (22 points in 14 minutes total for Miwaukee team.)

Amir played the first 4.5 minutes of the 2nd half. Maxiell came in for him at that time. Amir had just traveled. Villanueva did not score during this stretch, missing the one shot he did take. As a team, the Pistons did poorly, losing 6 points off their lead. But we were still up 11 when Amir left the game. Let me see, thats 10 points now for Villanueva over 18.5 minutes of play so far while in the game with Amir. And Villanueva ain't shooting 50%. Oh, and Amir picked up his 3rd foul, fouling Ridnour.

Amir played a couple of minutes in the 4th quarter. We were minus 3. Amir scored 3 points, Villanueva 2, in those 2 minutes. In total, Villanueva scored 12 points while Amir was in the game. (And though I did not see the game, I know most of Villanueva's shots were jumpers with various people guarding him out away from the basket.) In all, while both were in the game, Detroit enjoyed a 5 point advantage. We won by 11.
    Charlie Villanueva scored 26 points in all. This breaks down as follows:
    12 points in the 20.5 minutes in the game with Amir.
    14 points in the 15.5 minutes in the game without Amir.

Amir scored all nine of his points while matched up against Villanueva. So Villanueva won the matchup by 3 points since he scored 12. I will take that, considering that the rest of the Milwaukee team had pretty bad time of it in the scoring department - and I know Amir had a lot to do with that.
  5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Now that is an A+ post. Nice job.

It is nice to see AA playing well. Hopefully Curry rewards his hard work by not playing him the next three games.
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Flip, is that you?
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Thanks.

I think that picture was worth 1000 words.

Or, at least, the 614 words that preceded it.
  9. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Thanks for letting me know that, I couldn't get the game until the 3rd quarter for some odd reason. :)
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

thnx for log, Lee. Couldn 't get game from start cuz Red Wings was playing too... Later read it from start.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You have to wonder if he had got more minutes in the ECF if it would have gotten us to the next round.... :sssh: Well I think that was discussed enough in June so I won't belabor the point...
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, lets see. Afflalo did play in four straight games. The four straight we won very easily. And this was by no means garbage time. He played significant minutes, starting in the 1st half, of each game. Of course, we started out struggling in the playoffs since Afflalo was not playing the first few games. Then we did very well indeed with him. Then pretty darn bad without him. Nope, can't see a pattern there.
  13. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

the sweetest thing to my ears so far is currey talking about how were working on things now because we know that our number one option will be taken away in the playoffs and we want to be prepared for it so folks know what to do when it happens.....

what? you can prepare for the playoffs before the playoffs start?

if he does half the things he says and sticks to his guns this team will be just fine this year.

He just seems to get it....
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

No that's not true at all. If Flip didn't play him, it obviously means he isn't very good. After all, Flip knows talent. Besides, i enjoyed watching our guards get beat off the dribble constantly. Good times.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You all are too funny. It's weird it's almost as if MC has this basic common sense approach to coaching that all of the "Coaching Guru's" have gotten away from, they've over thought coaching, MC is doing the things we've discussed here ad-nausea.......shots for Joe D for not hiring another re-tread.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Rasheed misses. Amir gets rebound, fighting it away from 3 Bucks. Billups misses
    [quote Lee]
    -
    Were elbows involved ? Don't deny me the juicy tidbits.
    I need to know these guys are paying their pound of flesh.
    -
    You guys keep saying Amir needs to check his fouls. They fouled the piss out of him. Get him the ball.
    -
    I think Vill... was the best big this game. He is over 6'9" right ?