1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Milwaukee March 25th 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by roscoe36, Mar 21, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, playing JMAX in the Spurs game could have won that one. Hopefully with the brahma's play today and the recent play by Murray convinces Flip to go with a 10 man roster the rest of the way so when the roster shortens to 8 at playoff time, those extra bodies won't be rusty when called upon to spell a foul plague Sheed or Rip. Bench has been looking better this week...but Flip got to find spots to get them in there instead of relying on the starters when they are ailing from groin, flu, and ankle injuries.

Oh yeah, welcome back Hunter, I hope you lost some weight while your were out so you don't need to rely on your wife's diet pills.:)

2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

How many games this year has Sheed put up numbers like Brahma today?
    19pts
    9-14 FG
    4 blks
    15 rebs

Dice did about the same in 9 less minutes

Also not much mention of Tay’s fine game

ESPN game recap

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Max gets to play against Milwaukee third stringers.

Sheed has to play Duncan.

Big difference.

4. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maybe if he played like an allstar more than 15% of the time he would get some slack... when he's good, he's real good... about 10 times this year (fuzzy math).

5. roscoe36

Are you posting from Portland? :MusicBigGrin:

6. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Pretty darn close
    Portland Michigan

Slackers get no mercy :stooges:

7. roscoe36

I'm just catching garbage time. Pistons played most of the 4th against the worst of Milwaukee's worst.

So Ronald Dupree gets a jump shot in the halfcourt offense, brick off the rim, Milwaukee breakout, Dupree runs back down and blocks the layup, Delfino saves it back in bounds, and they toss it up the court to Dale Davis who still hasn't lumbered back on defense.

He dunks, the bench goes wild.

And the highlight for me is Chris Webber making alligator jaws with his arms, indicating how high Dale jumped on the dunk. Cwebb is showing about 30" and I'd be surprised if Dale got 5 inches off the floor.

8. roscoe36

Great. Please remember that when the coach shows up the elimination game with a South Beach tan or if Chauncey gets "tired" from clubbing! LOL!

9. roscoe36

This is hilarious. They are interviewing JMax and he low talks in cliches and doesn't add anything to the answers.

He's gotta be the worst interview of all time, but what a great career game.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think sheed's been giving him interview pointers. what was great is counting maxiell and flip, our bench players got 79 points tonight.

flip was interviewed and said he needs to find time for jmax, and that he's more apt to go to the bench earlier now because the bench has had a better +/- over the past several games than the starters. that's encouraging.

how bout jmax with a near double-double at halftime and a total of 9 offensive boards? carlos had a posterizing dunk and tayshaun had a posterizing block. very fun game to watch and glad we took care of business, especially on the first night of a back-to-back. i'll be at the game tomorrow, hopefully they snag a win at home.

11. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

delfino was the highlight of the game. his dunk on skinner was worth waiting for the tape delay. btw. delfino dropped another 3 pointer.

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

thanx, old friend...all i can do is picture and Im still cracking up!:pound: :pound:
    'Preciate it! BTW..I watched the ABCFamily version of Bring it On in place of the game and it starrred that cheerleader from "HEROES";

all i can say is...."oh , my damn!":cheerleader: :shout:

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This game was won at the end of the 2nd quarter, and at the beginning of the 4th. Good D combined with good O both times. Billups, Hunter, Delfino, JMAX, and Dyess were in the game to end the 2nd quarter as we went from 4 up to 15 up in about 3 minutes. The lead remained 15 after 3 quarters. We scored the first ten of the 4th quarter to make it a laugher. Webber started the quarter, but most of the damage was done with the same group that ended the 2nd quarter except Tay was in instead of Hunter.

JMAX got player of the game with career highs in blocks, 4, points, 19, and rebounds, 15. Nine of his rebounds were offensive rebounds. Many of his points were dunks, either off putbacks or cuts to the basket. But he had some baskets off post moves too, plus he made the only midranger he took, a 17 footer. JMAX has an excellent midrange game, and hopefully someday Flip will let us see it in a game. And JMAX played darn good defense.

Dyess had a brilliant game too, 20 points and 9 rebounds. Half of his points were inside and half midrangers. He made his first 6 shots.

Tay scored at will in the 2nd half, ending up with 28 points. He had a spectacular block on Noel and played darn good D. Redd did nothing in this game altogether and a lot of that was Tay.

Flip Murray scored 16 and dished 5 assists. Yet he had just a so so game. He gave up as many points as he scored, so only his assists saved him from having a bad game. He was about even for the game. Plus 2 for non-garbage time. He got to the rim a few times succesfully, made some tough shots outside, and got to the line a bit. Can't say much bad about his offensvie game and decisions with the ball. But when playing off the ball he seemed not to know what to do and was stagnent a lot.

Webber had an 1-8 night, but had five assists. A weak game overall cause he could not cover the middle. Third game with the flu. Go get some rest Chris.

A perfectly healthy Dale Davis only played in garbage time despite no Sheed and Webber suffering the flu. Of course, Dale Davis is so tough it would have been completely unfair to match him against the thin front line Milwaukee used. They did have Patterson off the bench to give them a minimal amount of toughness, but they started Bell, 6-2 Charlie Bell, at small forward. Ilyasova was their power forward and I think he is really a tall guard. JMAX had quite the impressive game statwise but I am afraid I have to mention the level of the competition. Very low with all the injuries they have had recently.

CB was effective enough on his shot, and led those two runs that won the game. Defensively not that great, but good enough.

No Rip due to the flu. Hunter played just a bit despite the flu.

Delfino as usual played great D, helped in the ball handling, and even scored some. His triple early fourth is becoming expected. And he was part of both runs, as was Maxiell.

We basically used a 7 man rotation with Hunter playing a bit to add to that. Grading the coach for this game, I will give him high grades since both Delfino and JMAX got plenty of minutes while the starters did not get overplayed too badly. GO PISTONS!!!!!

14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hunter has had the flu the past several days so I am sure you got your wish as far as the weight loss.

15. roscoe36

Solid leecap. Very even and honest. Thanks.

16. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wow, I really hated to miss the live action on chat today. I had to follow the flow on Yahoo game channel which is nothing like the information I receive from the forum faithful.

Well it looks as though Flip will play the bench more. I continue to keep my fingers crossed that Dupree is placed on IR and lets get AJ form the D-League, put him in the game for 5-7 minutes to see how he will react to some hungry teams who are trying to make the playoffs.

17. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Is the groin injury still bothering CB? Only 2 asst and 4 TO in this game for him despite playing almost 38 minutes. With the Stones putting 121 pts total, CB should have more asst to show. The subs, particularly Flip Jr, Lindsey and even Delf has more asst individually than CB despite playing less minutes. Maybe CB should sit as well since the bench has been playing great recently.

Who said JMax can't rebound? Yes, the Bucks players are not good esp with both Bogut and Charlie V are out with injury but I think JMax would have given Spurs a hard time when Timmy was out with foul trouble towards the end of the 1st quarter on Friday nite.