At Milwaukee Feb 20 8PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by max, Feb 20, 2008.

1. max

max All-Star

At Milwaukee Feb 20 8PM

tv: FSN

Bucks are 19-34, 13-11 at home and are on a 4 game losing streak.
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Chance to win and give youngsters some significant minutes. Are you listening, Flip?
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Maybe it is time to give the Aryan Bomber a chance, though I doubt it will happen.

I would love to see him prove me wrong and show us that he can earn and get serious minutes as a Pistons rotation player.

:hoops:
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

5. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Five minutes left in the first half and no AJ?????????
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I have no idea how the 2nd half will play out, but this was the perfect game to sub everyone out early. The starters clearly didn't have it. Give 'em all a blow, get all 12 in there in the 1st half and let it ride.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This team is still on vacation and complacent ....trade one of those starters and wake this team up....
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

There isn't fair trade in this case, starters contracts are reasonable and other GM-s do not want to give away their reasonable contracts, only ending or overpaid are available.
  9. LA Dre

Where's the DEEF? Second straight game where we have given up at least 80 points by the end of third. During the streak, the opposition was only averaging 87??
  10. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

My theory is that 10 game winning streak reinforced their "invincibility"(read:complacency) feelings and here they are now.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is the 2nd straight game i'm missing. They need me LOL :)

Seriously though, WTF is going on?!

Almost 40 min for Billups and Prince in a blowout ?
  12. buddahfan

AJ = + 13 and 15 minutes with no fouls
    Dyess = - 19

We should start AJ.

13. max

max All-Star

Golden opportunity thrown away. Pistons get the ball back on a Buck non-timeout tech call ( or whatever you call it ) and can't get it done. Where is Mr. Big Shot when you need him? Sheed was Mr. Big shot today but he could not get that last one.

Thats about it. I could care less about who played what mins when we lose although I know thats going to be the crux of this thread.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's been pretty obvious for awhile. Flip's on the 2-year plan though. If he's still around in 2010, it will definately happen!!

edited to add;

I caught the end. The last 3 was not a Sheed shot. That's not his spot. I don't know if that was the play, saw Chauncey and him talking afterwards. I can't fault him though. He + AJ were the only reason we were even in that position to begin with. It's not a coincedence that our defense is 10x better with Amir playing next to Sheed.

CHI lost
    CLE won
    ORL lost

not much change in the standings

BOS hopefully goes down to GS tonight
  15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sheed probably lofted that one too quick, but I'm not going to fault him since he and Billups kept Detroit in it. Can't play catchup, especially against bad teams.
  16. buddahfan

I don't us losing either. But why ruin my night.

17. buddahfan

You got that right

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They should at least play AJ. This went from a really aggravating to a really entertaining game pretty quickly. I just wish Flip stayed awake long enough to realize what was going on. I don't know why he is so reluctant to put AJ in when they're struggling to score. What is his aversion to easy buckets?

There was a lot of scared Flip tonight. Would the world end if he played CB, Stuckey and Rip together? Why keep trotting out the same unproductive unit time after time?

Is there a team out there besides the Washington Generals that runs worse plays out of timeouts? Did anyone else enjoy Hayes' hook shot from the 3 point line out of one timeout as much as I did? Aside from putting the play up on the Jumbotron, could their last shot have been any more obvious?

I don't really care that they lost or played poorly again. It is a long season and these things happen. It is how they lose that gets me. SA gets Thomas, DET stands pat. Suns get Shaq, DET stands pat. Lakers get Gasol, DET stands pat. DAL gets Kidd, DET...........
  19. buddahfan

I am a big Stuckey fan, but I have got to tell you that his plus minus number this year is horrible and they ain't getting any better.

20. LA Dre

Believe it or not the Pistons had a chance to tie the game with 7.6 seconds left, but Sheed who had hit 4 straight 3 balls missed a 3 ball attempt from the right. ( He is better when he shoots them from the top of the circle IMO)

The Pistons were down by as many as 21 or so points, but Billups kept then within shouting difference scoring at will in the third....unfortunately our defense didn't come alive until the 4th qtr and we proably needed 3 more mins to pull this one out.

To many TO's and missed shots by our front court in the first half spelled doom and the bench was once again a no show collectively, but Amir did play well down the stretch with the starters and only a missed contested dunk blemishing his +13.

Stuckey had four assists but was 0-5 form the field forcing layups that could not find the hoop. Not sure what the deal is with Rip...8 shots tonight and only 6 last night..I thought he was our leading scorer??

The real problem since the break is our defense. back to back nights of giving up 103 points...including giving up 80+ at the end of the third in both?? Can't win many games giving 100 points.

Meaningless stats of the night
    Pistons now 6-9 when allowing the opponent to score over 100 points
    This is the first loss this season to a divsional foe other than the Bulls. We were 7-0 vs the Cavs, Pacers and Bucs
    Took Pistons 3 losses to get to 30 wins, so maybe it takes 3 losses before they can notch # 40