At Milwaukee Dec 1st, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Milwaukee Dec. 1st, 8:30 PM

TV20 Detroit, NBALP

The Pistons face the dangerous Milwaukee Bucks who are 6-1 at home and 1-5 on the road. Detroit is a .500 team thus far on the road.
  2. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

They got a couple of big guys starting up front. Looks like NazMo time again.

:hoops:
  3. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

I say put Nazr on Redd, then maybe we can get just another sprained finger.....

Nazr the Enforcer. The new Bad Boy
  4. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

I don't know about where you come from. But from where I come from enforcers do a heck of a lot more than sprain someone's finger. LOL

[​IMG]

Anthony Spilotro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:hoops:
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bucks lose a heartbreaker at the Garden after leading by 16. Lets hope they stay up on the plane all the way home aruing about it and tire themselves out. I was hoping that the Buck- Knick game would go into OT with the zekes winning. That's 3 losses in a row for the Bucks who were with in a few percentage points of first place to begin the week.
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

As the opening post in this thread indicates - the Bucks play very well at home. They will be pretty upset too, losing to a team that got clobbered the night before!
  7. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

This is supposed to be an easy game again. I know we always said play the youngers and accept few loses. Now that we are not on top of the eastern, it feels bad.
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At this point I am not sure what games are supposed to be easy for our inconsistent ballers. Since the starters are playing more minutes than they should despite their injuries, I think we are still in an improvement mode until january. Then I would say that these are suppose to be EASY victories
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I didn't really see any of the game, but that boxscore sure looks good. A 26 point road win against a team that was 6-1 at home is pretty sweet, even if they were coming off a tough loss in NY last night. Bucks shot well over 50% from the floor but still got slaughtered, so I guess the Pistons were getting it done on the boards, with points off turnovers, and at the FT line. Tay and CB 11-11 combined at the line, and how about JMax going 3-3.

So Afflalo played 22 minutes...was Flip Sr. reading the forum? ;)
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Flip Murray did absolutely nothing in the first half. Oh, he did not play in the first half. My bad.

Saunders is still playing Hunter, ain't that going to take away Afflalo's minutes? How horrible. Oh, Afflalo played a ton of minutes in this one.

Amir only got to play in garbage time. Ah ha!!! I found something to complain about. And Flip Murray took way too many shots in the 4th, depriving us fans of getting to see Amir and Afflalo shoot more.

And Samb did not play yet again!!!!

Now that I am done venting, here is how the game went. The above by the way was an attempt to get myself to wake up after a very boring 4th quarter where the game was never in doubt.

Billups stayed pretty aggressive most of the game, and barely missed getting a 20-10 night in points and assists. Tay continues to nail his outside shots, and did plenty of damage inside too. JMAX came off the bench to have a monster game himself. Multiple blocks, near doube digit rebouding and about 15 points. JMAX made 3 convetional, and one, type three point plays. He is taking his time and calmly knocking down all his free throws.

One of those JMAX 3 point plays was on a slam set up by a nifty pass by Hunter. Hunter also found Mohammed for a slam, played some decent D, and gave Billups a good long rest in the first half. Apparently, since Murray had missed practice due to a funeral, he was kept out of the first half. Or who knows, maybe it was just Afflalo's turn to get mintues tonight.

Murray did play in the 2nd half. He scored 16 in the 4th, to help make sure Milwaukee stayed buried. We started the 4th with a 19 point lead and pushed the lead to 29 at one point. Murray got to the basket a couple of times but mostly just did some shake and baking on his man and nailed the shot off the dribble. It did get a bit old though after his 10th shot or so. The shooting is impressive, but it would be far more impressive if when he was playing as a point guard he managed to distribute the ball.

Afflalo as usual played fine D. He made the only few of shots he was given to take. He was heavily plus for the game: plus 14 when it mattered and another plus 7 in the 4th.

Hayes had a decent game. He made some outside shots, but he plays in the post a lot and is effective there.

Dyess played inside some. I like that. He did an up and under on Bogut, made the bucket, and drew a foul on Bogut. Sheed drew a foul on Bogut a moment later, and voila, their starting center is sitting for foul trouble. That is how Dyess can help the team. Go strong inside to the basket as the first option.

Sheed made a few shots, but also missed some trying to score over Yi around the basket. On defense, he was way too much for Milwaukee's pair of youngsters.

Rip had an ok game. The worst from him was when he was trying to handle the ball too much when Billups was not out there with him. He is wearing some sort of sling on his arm due to a hyper extended elbow on his shooting arm. It did not seem to affect his shot any tonight. Defense? Checkout how terrible a night Redd had. (Afflalo helped there too.)

Amir got fouled on a fast break and made both free throws. He got an offensive rebound putback and completed the and one. He had one block. We gave him the ball once in a post up. I can't tell if he shot the ball or passed it. The ball went right to Mohammed (I think) under the basket, but we did not get a score out of it. It would have been nice to see him on more attempts like that, but hey, Flip Murray was shot happy.

This is the first of a back to back. No worries there. I don't think any starters exceeded 30 minutes. None of them played in the 4th.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  12. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

I couldn't see it either, but noticed Flip Jr with 16 pts. For looking so dominating, the boxscore doesn't show it.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

EXCELLENT COACHING JOB BY FLIP SAUNDERS TONIGHT!!! I whine and complain but I give credit where credit is due. Rip was stinking it up early and Flip was having none of that, so in comes AA and some great D to boot. Heard Flips press conference and he said some really good stuff. Whether we see it manifest on the floor tonight is another story....but..wait a minute, we have seen it manifest for the last 2 games.

Flip wants more ball movement and we got it. Against Clev it was AWESOME in the 1st half, against the Bucks it was great after about 6mins of crap, but give him credit, he corrected it and the team responded by moving the ball.

Good job tonight. We scored 117 pts and the starting backcourt only took 19 shots combined and made 9 of them. Rip was off tonight but he only took 9 shots, NOW THAT's MORE LIKE IT!!! Again this team is too deep and talented for us to be effected by one player having an off night. Great games from Sheed, Tay, Max, Billups and FLIP "Flame Thrower" Murray in the 4th. Some may say it was garbage time but his scoring kept the blowout in effect,which kept the starters on the bench.
  14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

What astounds me is that Flip Jr. took 9 shots in about 11 minutes. Hamilton got 9 in 26 minutes and CBill got 10 in 33 minutes.

What is wrong with this picture? Whose offense is the team built around? How can you teach the youngsters "team play" with a "black hole" as the point guard?
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Murray scored all of his points if I remember correctly, in the 4th Q.

The Bucks are so far away from being competitive.
  16. himat

himat Bench Warmer

This has been the best Piston basketball game in a long time. Flip Saunders finally stopped with all the jump shooting plays. Every time the Pistons posted up! It's about time. Chauncey, Tayshaun, and Sheed can post there man up 99% of the time. Rip can post his man up whenever the opposite team tries to put their PG on Rip and their SG on Chauncey. Dice can also post his man up most of the time. J Max was great. Afflalo is a perfect fit. Nazr is doing good. Hopefully Amir plays more. Lindsey has been a spark too. The only thing I want to see is Stuckey play over Flip Murray when he comes back.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Stuckey will be back soon, Hopefully he knows how to pass.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

You must not have saw the game. Flip came in during garbage time to start the 4th qtr. The game was for the most part decided, all of his shots came within the flow of the offense and almost everything that he threw up went in. Dont judge that performance by the box-score, it was just one of those nights.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If Flip Murray makes > 75% of his shots, then I don't care if he passes.

I'm sure if he would have started missing, then he would have distributed. He was on fire though.
  20. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Must have been another one of those games. 7 shots in 11 minutes when it took CBill 31 minutes to get that many shots. He was able to catch Chauncey in turnovers with fewer minutes though. It looked like his teammates were getting a little frustrated with him either jacking up a shot without letting a teammate touch it or kicking it around like a soccer ball.