at Milwaukee Bucks Tuesday February 9 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Would making the playoffs be a good thing for the franchise right now?

2. max

max All-Star

Absolutely. If you were trying to sell a car would you get more value if it was in decent shape and running or broken on the side of the road?

No I am not talking about selling the franchise itself ( although it would help ) rather the excess of SG's and PF's that we have. I think that is gong to help us a lot more than the difference of moving up a couple of places in the lottery.

3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

only if we finish .500..It would make a good turn around story and vindicate the players who have been injured. So,making the playoffs now is all about pride.

4. BillLaimbeer

It's more than a couple of places in the lottery. We're talking top 5 pick versus top 15 pick.

5. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I mentioned this a few games back. We need to switch these pairings to make the next step forward for a couple of reasons.

1.) Bynum and Gordon are too small playing together. When need Stuck on the floor with Gordon so we can match up better defensively. Same for Wil and Rip. Rip and Stuck can guard the 2's while Ben and Wil can take the PG's.

2.) Feeding Rip off the curl would fit Wil's game a lot better then Stuck's. Wil can feed Rip and then penetrate off the return pass if the defense sags on Rip to help. Stuck and Ben can both break down the defense and Ben will be a better spot up shooter and facilitator for Stuck when he gets his legs back.

I just can't stand the small ball. In the above scenario we could bring in Wil, Rip and Daye for Stuck, Ben and Tay as a unit. This gives Daye some time on the floor and he can also help space the floor for the other two unlike Tay. He also has shown the ability to rebound which would help our bigs out.

The other option is sending Stuck to the bench and letting Wil start. Not sure what signal that send to the guy that has gutted out every game so far and has been one of the few bright spots in developing.

Do you think Stuck is confident and team-oriented enough to go to the bench for the betterment of the team??

I think switching up these pairings is truly the next step we need to take to get better now and into the future. Just not sure if the team would take to the switch unless the results are immediate like I think they would be.

6. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Even last year I was an advocate for making the playoffs, versus the 9th or 10th seed. Even the extra revenue that 2 home playoffs would provide would be a boost at this time, and any possible free agent would see Detroit as a better home were it a playoff team opposed to a non-playoff team.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Was the only the Pistons 2nd win of the year within the Central Division.

Stuckey looked like he was caught up in his individual matchup with Brandon Jennings early on, but settled down nicely for a nice game.

I do not have a good feeling about tonight’s game with another matchup of one of the anointed rookies after the way Stuckey outplayed Jennings last night. The refs will come after him something fierce tonight to ensure that does not happen again.

Charlie V is awful. Is there a player who blatantly holds on D more than he? That being said it was cool to see him hanging out with the little kids suffering from Appolonia before the game like they showed on the Mil broadcast.

8. max

max All-Star

Exactly. Not to mention that Tay/Prince would be that much harder to move.

Top 5 is out for all practicle purposes. If the draft were held right now the Pistons would be at #7. Win tonight and can even move up to #8. I think its unavoidable that the Pistons are going to start winning more games now that everyone is healty.

9. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Maaan, this team can't even taynk right. :nerd2:

Nice win last night. We're 3 of 4 against the bottom feeders (yes, I do consider Milwaukee a bottom feeder). I'll take it.

I just cannot stand Prince playing point-forward when we have any guard not named Rip in the game. That 6 ft high behind the back dribble is just a turnover waiting to happen. The only reason why it works is because the defender just gets paralyzed for a second thinking "wth? did he really do that?"

The more I watch, the more I realize that Stuckey, JJ and Gordon are becoming the fundamental building blocks going forward. At this point, the rest, including CV, are all expendable.

It's so much fun when JMAX shows up instead of maxiell.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's why it's even more imperative that we trade weapons for cap space as soon as possible. It allows us to lose without tanking. Q can only pull out schemes like starting Wilcox for so long before people are on to us.

11. max

max All-Star

Closing out the season strong, just missing the playoffs, and getting the 10-12 pick with a shot at #3 would not be too bad? Thats the most likely scenario at this point.

12. Brap

Brap Starter

Daye will join the fundamental building block list next season. If Summers could get some time, I think he might as well - but with our roster, unless we trade Maxiell, which is a lot more possible now even with his semi-bad contract given his excellent recent play, it's hard to figure out where his PT will come from.

Tay playing leading up to the trade deadline is essential. His improved play of late is possibly what other GM's needed to see from him. After the trading deadline, if we haven't traded him and he's still playing for us, that will be the time to complain about him getting too many minutes. Right now, he's in the showcase.

13. BillLaimbeer

Good time to move Maxiel while his stock is high.