at Milwaukee Bucks Saturday February 5 8:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Milwaukee Bucks

Saturday February 5

8:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit Plus

Nat'l TV:

Radio: WWJ 950 AM

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Once again, there's not much to say about this game. The Bucks can defend but can't score a lick. My good friend Stu Burns will be in attendance tonight at the Bradley Center.

Go Pistons!

3. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I don't believe the PF.com chat closed after last night, so...

PF.com chat is still open!!!

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Rip played? Wasn't expecting that.

Right on.

5. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I heard we won.

6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Rip played and so it might look like that JD has some serious negotiations concerning a trade.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A trend is developing. TMAC was our leading scorer tonight, with 20 I believe. Last night, he took the most shots. This is a scary thing - for the other teams trying for that last playoff spot. If TMAC regains his old form - look out. I'd say he was 80% there and very well may hit 100% this season yet.

Oh, the big story. Rip is back, with a vengeance. 15 points in his 20 minutes. Rip Hamilton off the bench is just unfair to other teams. A guy this good - off the bench? I love it.

Defense was swarming all night long, gotta love it.

Monroe, although he did not score either time, did dribble the ball in from way out on the right edge of the post area. He did get to the basket - and it looks like with a little more work this move is going to develop into something real nice. Monroe also dribbled in from the top and flipped one in - showing us something new there. Just 7 & 7 tonight, not a lot - you can't expect too much what with him guarding Bogut a lot. That takes a lot of energy. But hey, I bet Monroe gets comfortable soon enough gaurding Bogut and learns to score on him with his quickness.

Gordon is starting, and steadily hitting his shots from the outside while going inside to score as opportunities arise. Defense again just fine tonight.

I will mention Milwaukee has a few guys just coming off injuries making it a bit easier to beat them - though Bogut seemed no worse for it. This was certainly not the best we have seen from Jennings.

Wilcox and CV played about 22 minutes between the two. Not too much - and our defense is better because of their limited minutes.

Bynum sure can make you frustrated as a fan. Its like nothing is going to happen unless Bynum makes his own shot. Daye is waiting to light it up from the 3 line. Rip is out there and can't miss - but Bynum can't do a thing about getting them the ball. Still, Bynum ended up doing ok in this game in the fourth quarter toward the end of his stint, finding a couple of guys inside - and hitting some shots of his own. CV is another victim of Bynum's poor point guard skills. Can't fault CV for not scoring if the piont guard ain't getting any plays going.

Stuckey missed yet another game due to his bruised shoulder. I did not hear anything about his return.

Tay was as efficient as you can get. He scored 12 and hauled down 11 boards while taking very few shots. That one totally nasty fade-a-way he hit from the left really sticks out.

TMAC showed he can back down even a solid defender like Delfino and gets points. I liked his 6-6 at the ft line too. A lot of outside jumpers going down with that - but the 3 ball ain't there yet for him.

Ben Wallace did little - except play good D on Bogut for stretches at least - well, a whole lot of stretches in the 2nd half. They went to Hack-a-Ben at the 4 minute mark of the game when we were up 10. Ben went 1-2, so we let them do it one more time. This time - 0-2, and Kuester pulled him out of the game.

One nice sequence. Daye hit a 3 with time running out, and on a broken play where the ball just happened to bounce out to him. After the break -boom, Rip nails a 3. Those two shots ended up giving us enough momentum to get us somewhat easily through the 4th quarter.

Daye did not score a lot - but him, Tay, and TMAC all in together is becoming a strong feature of the Pistons. A lot of length out there, and typically some pretty darn good defense getting played.

Great to see 2 wins on back to back nights. We gained ground on Milwaukee, a team a game or two ahead of us. And Charlotte lost tonight.

GO PISTONS!!!!!

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons win on the road beating Milwaukee 89-78.

Great game where the Pistons controlled the game from midway through the second qtr all the way to th end. The Pistons led at the half 52-47 and the Bucks never got any closer than 4 pts that I can remember and the Pistons got the lead to as high as 14 points through the 4th.

There were no let downs here, but both teams struggled during the 3rd qtr brickfest.

Pistons surprised everyone including Blaha and Kelser by bringing some guy name Rip Hamilton off the bench with about 2 mins left in the first replacing Ben Wallace.....somebody said he finally found his mask so Q put him in there.

After muffing a pass to him, Rip fell and got the ball to Daye for q quarter ending three to put the Pistons up 26-22. Rip with the assist the hard way. Rip then open the second with 7 of the piston first nine pts with three jumpers including a three pointer. Still looked a little rust out there as he followed those shots with two air balls.....that may or may not have been partially blocked.

Nice return for Rip (15pts, 3 assists and only one turnover) that should have probably been at home in front of his loyal fans last night,.....I guess Q finally realized that they can't win with both Stuckey and Rip on the bench.

At one point with Bynum out there, this one looked like it might get away, but he then made up for a couple miscues (turnovers) hitting 4 of his 5 shots. TMac came back in with the starters and Daye to assure that we weren't going to let this one slip away. As usual he had a great game and is our MVP so far....

Three games back of the 8th spot and beating one of the teams ahead of us a good win.

9. LA Dre

Good leecap dude and a great win!!

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Good win on the road against a team ahead of us in the standings. Lee and Dre have already said it all. Something tells me Stuckey's shoulder won't heal before the trade deadline. T-Mac's No Look dish to Greg Monroe was sick! Speaking of Monroe he's showing a nice offensive repetoire, with his learning curve he'll be displaying these moves (that he's missing) by mid-march.

11. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Good win, but I just don't like how perimeter oriented we get when Gordon, Rip, Prince, TMac, and Bynum are our goto weapons. We got outscored 24-40 in the paint. Most nights, all those jumpers are not going to fall, and most opponents are more potent offensively.

For reference, we had 50 points in the paint against Jersey, where the offense was focused on getting easier scores in the paint.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I suggest to pay attention to this quote:

This is Rip of course, from Silvertongue's blog.

13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Rip kind of accentuates what is wrong with Gordon since he's been here. Start him or bring him off the bench and he's putting shots up. Gordon is so passive a lot of the times.

Did Chaz G take Rip's spot in the dog house? It seems like they told him he couldn't sit on the bench anymore in the 2nd half and he had curl up on the floor like the lovable family pooch.

Did the Bucks bus flip over on the road earlier this month? It seemed like every guy they got is injured.

That was a great move Monroe made going to his left when he missed the point blank layup. Be aggressive and look for your shots. Now is the time to miss them without consequence.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

TY. I opened it last night, then I had guests and forgot to announce it.

You're a great help around here 0809, thank you for all you do.

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This is the one thing that has always bothered me about Gordon. Until Rip, Tay and BenW are gone, I'm afraid a limbo leadership confidence level will never be met. A case can be also made for CV and his challenges. Amazing template that JD signed last year.

16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Who is Chaz G? Villanueva?

17. LA Dre

Gordon is the opposite of some of his other guards on the floor....where Bynum would not pass on an open look, Gordon passes to many times and you got to say WTH we got you in there for??? If the arc is open, take the shot....he is good on floaters, but likes to try that reverse layup when he is challenged along the baseline.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Indeed he is.

19. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I have been saying this for a while.

This guy needs to shoot the ball when he is open. We are counting on him to score more the he gives up on defense which means he needs to score alot.

Bynum is killing me in the rotation. I hope Rip is back for good until he is traded. Do need to work out the combination to use at the PG/SG when Stuck comes back. Right now ynum has to be on the floor with Rip. He should concentrate on getting Rip the ball and if Rip doesn't have the shot; he needs to get it to someone else other then Bynum.

I like the idea of T-Mac and Gordon starting with Stuck and Rip playing as combo guards with the second unit.

20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Bynum shouldn't be taking any long range jumpers. He should either drive hard to the basket or pass the rock. That dribble-dribble-dribble and take an 18-20 footer with a hand in your face is NOT his game and it kills us 80% of the time (at least).