At Milwaukee Bucks Feb. 7th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 1, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

I think at this point we can be happy with any win we get. Last night Sheed/Dyess had to close out the 4th/OT in foul trouble. I have been rough on Sheed lately but he cannot continue to play all these mins. Would it have killed the coach to throw Maxiel or Amir back in to at least dole out some hard fouls - see if that intimidates them on their stroll to the basket?

On the bright side. Bucks were playing so much better D and we were still able to keep up with them. A win is a win.
  2. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Exciting game to watch tonight.

The only thing I really don't understand is why Dyess and Sheed consistently play almost the whole 3rd and 4th quarters..These guys are 34 and 35 years old. Curry must totally forget that he has 3 other bigs on the bench he can sub in for them..If for nothing else sub them in just to give Sheed and Dyess a rest. Come on man. Sheed and Dyess are not 25 years old anymore.
  3. Stuckey.And1

Stuckey.And1 First Round Draft Pick

I think Will Bynum could've stuck Sessions.
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

There was a piece in SI this week where they were comparing David Lee & Chris Duhon P&R to Nash/Stoudamire under D'Antoni. Lee credits a November loss to the Pistons for triggering the combo saying 'he couldn't believe how easy it was to score on the P&R that night'.
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pretty well sums it up. Exciting, fun to watch, and always a kind of sinking feeling that it was a banged up Bucks team pushing the Pistons this hard.

If you're going to ask Rip to come off the bench, then you've got to be willing to make adjustments based on how well he's playing. No way he should have sat out nine minutes of the third. Especially with Stuckey 1-10 at that point. Why even start Stuckey in the third when was was 0-7 in the first half?

Dyess probably came in too early too, subbing for the latest Amir four foul blowup. It's easy to second guess, but the obvious thing would have been to bring in Max and Rip no later than the six minute mark of the third. It could well have been a different game.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Just great.

Someone posted an analysis of our pick and roll problem on DBB specifically addressing the way we are playing it. I'm stealing it and posting it here which i hope doesn't get me in trouble. I'm not sure i agree with it, but a good perspective.

I
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Please source link, or don't quote from other sources. Personally, I would like you to keep quoting, but also source linking.

Matt @ DBB has always been friendly to us. I don't want to mess up that relationship.