At Milwaukee Bucks Dec. 27th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 21, 2008.

1. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If you think the notion of trading Rip is based on one game, you haven't been paying attention.

This team is guard heavy. Curry tries to make good with that situation, but three guards and Prince at PF won't get you out of the first round of the playoffs - no way.

If you believe AI will leave (and he might, don't know), and management lets this team go on as constituted, then they basically just cut Billups for all the good he did them. I don't think that's what Joe had in mind when he made the trade.

So, what can you do? The only path I see is getting rid of a guard, preferably for a big man who can start alongside Sheed. Maybe you could trade AI, but it's hard to imagine you would get equal value, though you never know. You could trade Stuckey, but his salary won't buy you much.

That leaves Rip. Either he comes off the bench (which Rip will never do) and AA gets no time, or he gets traded. If that doesn't happen, then this is a rebuilding year and there will be a quick exit come playoff time.
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Nobody is going to give away their up and coming quality big man. They are rares among rares. Dream on.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If we trade Rip, i look forward to the ensuing 1800 posts saying; "I guess he was better than we thought", "Maybe we underestimated how important he was to the team", "Why does Stuckey not look as good anymore?", "Why does Tay play like a girl every other game; He's so inconsistent on O". "We have no outside shooting; teams just load up in the paint" :tsk:

AI is gone after this year, and UTAH is not giving us their 20/10 PF for our SG just because Paul Milsap is playing well. The Utah GM is not Joe Dumars (semi j/k).

AI is 47. I don't think we should be thinking of him as our SG of the future, and getting rid of Rip to build solely around Stuck/Tay is taking a step back and so is giving Carlos Boozer a LBJ type contract if that trade were to actually have a chance of happening.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Listening to the post game I must have heard Curry say "we have 2 all-star sg's and we need to maximize their time on the floor" about three times. He praised the fact that the defense is better with two bigs but he "has" to get the sg's their minutes.

He needs to grow a pair. Put AI on the bench to run with the second unit. We will have circumstances when they are both on the floor but MC should be working on rotations that limit this.

I have said it before and I will say it again. They play different styles of games. They are not conducive to playing together. Let AI dominate the ball with the second unit while Rip plays with Stuck, Tay, Amir and Sheed a more traditional structured offense.
  5. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Delf is right...(and BTW, what is Delfino delivering these days: Chinese Food?...I digress) This is Joe leaving Curry to look like a PUNk or curry is punkrageous on his own. If I WAS THE COACH (cuz I aint studding NOBODY); I would start the guy who AT LEAST gives us 3 to 4 steals and 6-10 free throws a game over the guy who has fallen in love with his own press as just a pick and curl player.

Cmon, when u think about it, what else can Rip REALLY do that we just HAVE to keep him here?

Remember the 1993 Bad Boys...dont keep a guy too long if u dont have to.

There is a trade waiting to happen in LA!
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Who is this player? Last time i checked Chauncey Billups was shooting more FT's that AI.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Just in case anyone's interested, the next episode of the Podshow is starting right about now.
  8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

If that`s true it`s because he is a Denver Nugget. He wouldn`t be shooting many FT as a Piston. That was one of my beefs with CB.