At Milwaukee Bucks Dec. 27th, 8:30 PM

Discussion in 'December 2008' started by Dlev59, Dec 21, 2008.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Caught some of the game last night. Pretty much concur with everyone's take on AJ. He played his arse off last night, with the exception of a couple (two) missed assignments, he played with the same tenacity that I have seen in the past.

When and if TGRH comes back from his injury, he needs to be part of the bench crew, subbing in for AI.

Hopefully there is more going on here than a groin injury instead, the preliminaries for a trade that Joe may be cooking up.

The lineup last night may have sealed the deal for Curry. A starter will have to come off the bench if we are going to be a playoff contender, there is no doubting that.

Amir may have made a strong case for himself. Either he will be the picture of consistency (learned some things with all the DNP's) or he will revert back to picking up a foul a minute and looking lost (Darkoesque).

2. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

You read my mind :greenapple:

3. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

I hope AI finishes his career with the Pistons, You know he has looots of money. He wants a ring, and the next contract he will sign wont be for money but for a ring.
    Imagine AI for low contract.. and u have lots of cap space to get a first level superstars...in the team still. :king:

4. armygirl

Hey AI, this would be to sweeet. You know what they say: Great Minds Think Alike....LOL

5. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Good call there Lee.

It was pretty embarrassing to watch Milwaukee pick Hermann off over and over again during their offensive sets while he didn't even try to flail about much less fight through anything they threw at him.
    He looked like the "pretend" defenders in basketball instructional videos, it seemed obvious that either he wasn't trying too hard or he is just so down right awful that trying hard still can't make him look very good.

6. armygirl

Has anyone noticed that Sheed plays with more passios, ferocity, i.e. when Amir is in the game. There is a noticeable difference in his attitude with AJ on the floor with him

What's up with that?????????????????????????

7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Sheed and Prince are in his ear at ever break of action "teaching" the kid, I think Sheed is a teacher by words and actions so when he's out there with him its a classroom so to speak... plus I think the energy AJ brings to the court rubs off on his older team mates.

Stuckey brings energy but its different type of energy.

8. yes-sir

yes-sir First Round Draft Pick

I still cant understand why Curry benched Amir in the first place. I understand the whole energy story, that once AI was brought into the lineup he gave us that energy, but Amir is our top rebounder and shot blocker! If he fouls, he fouls out!

9. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Couldn't watch the game, but it sounds like it was a good one, particularly on the defensive end (NO SMALL BALL! + Amir in the SL :cheerleader:). Thanks to everyone who did the game summaries too, it's much appreciated.
    Belated Merry Christmas and advance Happy New Year everyone. :victory:

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Amazing how putting players into the right positions can help a team out. Guards playing guard, threes playing three, gosh.

And what about the benefits of having two big men on the floor at all times? Since he didn't have to do everything, Sheed had an amazing defensive game. One block!! The scorer should have spent less time at the cheese board and more time watching the game. There were at least three, and maybe four.

AI had room to be AI without having to defer. His only weaknees was the turns and some better sticky stuff on the bottom of his shoes would have eliminated two of those.

And even though he couldn't throw the ball down and hit the floor, AA played well enough for Curry to leave him out there. 1-8 games are a serious exception for him.

Rip looks pretty expendable to me, expecially for a quality big man.

11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

amir played great, minus leaving m'bah twice for open jumpers (but who knew that guy would turn out to be good anyway? lol). he still has to learn that when ai is driving the lane, ai may just pass it to him. he had butterfingers a few times, but that can be fixed. stuckey dropped a 16/6/6 with only 1 TO and played very well overall.

aa had kind of a rough game, with a couple of tough luck misses (and 2 quick putback misses) for that 1-8 line. he seemed to have some dead legs in the 4th because he wasn't getting any lift on his %%%% and was short-arming. as well as he's shot this year, he still appears to have a line drive shot which might not be good long-term.

not max's best game but just because he was in the game for both of the bucks' runs doesn't mean he was terrible...he just didn't do anything substantial to note.

that floor must've been pretty dang slippery...players were losing their footing all over the place.

either way, good win, good to see us hold a lead, good to see us break another team's spirit and not get frustrated with calls.

12. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i agree. Rip has been great for us. And he is a terrific player (and probably will be, with the right guys around him, for some time yet). But I'd be good with this kind of a change.

13. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

If really wants a ring and believes the team Detroit fields next season is a contender, then he'll sign for the vet's minimum. I don't think that is going to happen, but it's nice to dream. :nopompom::nopompom::nopompom::nopompom:

14. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

So right. What is up with that???????

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Offensive rebounds and blocked shots pump everybody up... except maybe the coach.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. Sheed and Amir both had some finger tip blocks that didn't get counted.

17. round

The only way that Rip is expendable is if you think AI is our starting SG next year and we get him to sign an extension.... I just don't see him signing with us this summmer.

18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Here is the gray area. If you get a hand on the shot, but it still goes toward the general direction of the hoop, they do not count it as a block. But this is very subjective. At home, they are often blocks. On the road, not. Either way, us fans know that the shot was kept from going in by a block. Sure wish they could get some consistency in official scoring, and I would much rather they always stick to the more liberal interpretation.

19. round

agreed, same thing for assists can be said...

really think that at this point in time as big as stats are for the players in contract talks they havn't pushed for the league to have neutral observers calling stuff like that.

20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

trade proposals based on one game are pretty common in this forum:dizzy2::falloff: