1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Miami Heat Wednesday December 1 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'December 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

9 point third quarter lol. Capped off by another retarded Will Bynum super collider impression who got stuffed. I hope Dumars is feeling the Heat. Please change something Dumars.....you are seeing the same game I am. I saw you in the stands on television fool.....don't pretend that everything is alright.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons scored 9 points in the 3rd and Kuester did not substitute anyone until about 3 and half minutes left in the quarter. Didn't matter, as the replacements only scored one bucket (by Monroe) with 3 mins left and rest of the quarter they just went through the motions.

Spoelstra could have sat out wade for the rest of the game to get him rested for tomorrow, but guess he wanted him to get his average. I hope he gets injured...

There is a possibility that Greg Monroe could be our leading scorer tonight.

3. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Start GMo. He should be seeing 30 minutes a night. This team is going nowhere, and he's better than Max and possibly even Big Ben at this point.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. Ben has slipped. Monroe is probably a more overall positive force on the basketball court right now than Ben Wallace.

And even if he wasn't, he should be getting the minutes over Ben for development sake.

5. LA Dre

Those of you who missed tonights game....I envy you. Pistons were O for Florida losing this one to the supposedly distracted heat 97-72. Arguably the Pistons worst performance of the season as they were listless to say the least scoring only 28 pts in the second half including only 9 in the third.

I don't want to hear any excuses about being worn out because it is a second game of a back to back. I just watched the Magic....the team that beat the Pistons last night take care of the central division leading Bulls beating them 107-78. Obviously they had to travel further and seem to be playing better than they did last night when we held them in check for 40 minutes. Tonight the Pistons probably played less than 10 minutes of good ball.

:focus:

Only Greg Monroe gets to sit at the front of the plane on the flight home with Joe as he was the only bright spot hitting 7 of 7 shots before missing a tip in with less than 10 seconds left in the game and finished as our leading scorer with 15 pts and 8 boards. Mr. Charlie was the only other Piston to get into double figures with 10 and he and the remaining Pistons were all outscored by former fab fiver and the oldest player on the floor Juwan Howard, who scored 12 pts on 6-9 shooting.

Our starters were horrible as usual....when is the last time none of the Pistons starters finished in double figures?? Stuckey was horrible shooting 1-7 and Max was even worse missing wide open jumpers and getting his usual sub 5 rebounds (3 tonight). The team which was being out rebounded by 10 at the end of the half only had 11 assists tonight:confused:

TMac paired with Bynum in the late first qtr and early second didn't even get off a shot and didn't play in the second. Once again Gordon was wasted getting off only 4 shots in 24 minutes. The biggest issue??? Daye got in, but since he has been riding the pine for the past 5 games, it took him seven shots before he finally hit one....yep the Queless one is ruining the game of both Daye and Gordon with his rotations.

Anybody see the stat/graphic that Blaha and Kelser put up that showed that the Pistons were dead last in the league in point differential in the third quarter? They must not have shared that stat with Q as he left his starters in there for the first 8 mins of the 3rd qtr allowing the Heat to push the lead up to 69-49 as they were only able to get 7 pts in 8 mins. Dude will not sub five mins into the first or third qtr if his life depended on it (and that my friends if you choose to believe it or not is why JJ sits behind the bench recovering...IMHO):yellowprison:

Joe, not sure if your hands are tied but this team needs :help:

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

thank you for saving me from typing all that...:pound:

7. LA Dre

I call and type it as I see it.....

8. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Including the laziest, most telegraphed pass of the season. That still smells hours after.

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Are you referring to the one to CV where he just looked at Bynum like "are you on crack?"

outside of our rook's improvement the only good thing that might have come out of tonights game was in his presser Q said that some changes will be made before the next game... please please please Tmac at PG and Daye at SF and Bynum in a suit....

Not sure how Max/CV backup big man will work? but I think somebody has earned a try at starting..

10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Thanks to LA Dre, I don't want to go through that game again in my brain to even type it.

Monroe earned the starting spot tonight.

Not sure just how bad Bynum has to play to play himself out of the rotation, if tonight doesn't do it...........

I think Joe is done, his days of scapegoating the coach are over.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pathetic is a good way to describe the offense tonight. Eleven assists in the entire game for the Pistons. Stuckey had 1 assist and 4 turnovers....not a good ratio.

12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Lethargy. Total. From our coach. The guy can't. Strike that. Won't, change anything.

We had a decent unit out there to end the first half. Monroe and JMAX up front, Stuckey, Gordon, Tay. They did ok for the brief couple of minutes. Scored a few points, did not give up any. Wonder how they could do if they played together for a spell.

Other than that, not much good from this game except Monroe seems to be getting a little more wise on using his body to protect the ball.

Given every possible chance to try a different combo of bigs, Q refused. Anyone notice Big Ben, who rarely does, came out early in both the 1st and 3rd quarters? Yep, Monroe came in early in those quarters - but CV came in right along with him, giving, once again - no chance to see Monroe and Big Ben operate together.

And I see so many people are seeing the same thing I am from Bynum. Nothing. And we all saw that our 2nd unit can operate with TMAC at the helm quite fine. Another thing Q won't try - a now healthier TMAC at the point. Its, again, like he is allergic to trying anything that might work.

Nice to see Daye get some burn. Yep, unfair that he sat so long. Is this just a teaser. Will he now sit 4 or 5 more straight games?

Learning curve. We saw last season that 1)You can have some initial success pairing Ben Wallace and JMAX up - giving a strong defensive start to games. and 2)It only works for a little while. The league soon finds ways to exploit our lack of offense with that combo. But Kuester can't see it. Nobody is more blind than a man who will not see.

And CV. Sure, he got in the good graces for a while. But can you not see that giving him extensive minutes out of old habit - even if we lose game after game - might have to change? If we can't defend, pull CV. The guy can't rotate well at all on defense. Or at least acknowledge this and devise a scheme to let him stay in the middle with the other 4 guys covering him on the rotations. CV ain't learning. Ain't happening. So if he is not producing - sit him, let him rest and recharge. Meanwhile, you ain't playing Summers, one of our best defenders.

Q, guess what, its not the players. No leadership, or worse, leadership that stifles rather than motivates, is what I am seeing. Properly led, this team can win games. Look in the mirror. How many games have you won as a coach? Right, none. Quit thinking you have answer one - and start searching for them. Coach, or quit.

13. pgrnpacer

pgrnpacer First Round Draft Pick

Bravo.

14. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

It's not the players? Huh?

I understand not liking the job Q is doing, but it's not the players?

15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

just took a look at the Top 10 to find Lebron making steps at #5. This is so ridiculous, everyone can drive past a defender if he's allowed to make steps.

16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Am I the only one wondering why the Heat cleared all that cap space last year and signed 2 guys who start for them? That seems crazy to me. They didn't even have established guys playing the same position as the guys they signed.

People are saying that the Pistons weren't playing any D, but the way they shut down Ben Gordon game after game should be recognized. Any time you can pay a guy 9-10 million a year to inbound the ball to the rest of your 2nd unit gunners without a chance of getting the ball back you are in good shape. He must be miserable and probably walks around at night in his old Bulls uniform.

Last night might have been the night to roll out CCG with the starting unit in the 2nd half. They weren't going to win anyway so they could have taken a chance with that.

I too found it odd that Q didn't sub out when he called a TO midway through the 3rd.

Carlos Arroyo in about 5 more minutes of PT out rebounded Joggin' Rod 5 to 1. We are blessed to have a young guy who is such a fierce competitor.

Brandon Jennings, Ray Felton, Jameer Nelson, Carlos Arroyo...............

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Originally Posted by Lee356 [​IMG]
    And we all saw that our 2nd unit can operate with TMAC at the helm quite fine. Another thing Q won't try - a now healthier TMAC at the point. Its, again, like he is allergic to trying anything that might work.

Aside from TMac being a bit slow on defense (not completely useless) he is one of our smartest and most dangerous players. Everyone on the opposing teams respect him when he puts his head down and gets aggressive.....but unlike Stuckey....it comes right back up to dish out assists to our bigs underneath or to wide open perimeter shooters. Now that I think about it I think he might be the only Piston to ever draw double teams routinely and even have the possibility of opening up our perimeter players. TMac as PG in the second unit with stuckey at SG Daye at SF Charlie at PF and Big Ben or Monroe at C. You have supercollider and two three ballers on the perimeter along with a center and pg looking to dish or receive dishes. er...we won't have a first unit pg though...dunno...

Nice to see Daye get some burn. Yep, unfair that he sat so long. Is this just a teaser. Will he now sit 4 or 5 more straight games?

Daye was only in for garbage time. Unfortunately garbage time started at the end of the third quarter in this one. I am guessing the change that Kuester is talking about is Monroe as our starting Center. I hope I am wrong and he decides to change all sorts of other things in his lineups *holds breath*.

PS - I forgive Daye for his missed shots because I feel sorry for him having to sit all those games collecting dust. Poor guy.

Learning curve. We saw last season that 1)You can have some initial success pairing Ben Wallace and JMAX up - giving a strong defensive start to games. and 2)It only works for a little while. The league soon finds ways to exploit our lack of offense with that combo. But Kuester can't see it. Nobody is more blind than a man who will not see.

They are just sooooo short for being our post players. If Ben Wallace was the 2004 Ben then we might have a slight chance...but he just isn't the driven defensive psychopath that outworked his lack of inches anymore.

And CV. Sure, he got in the good graces for a while. But can you not see that giving him extensive minutes out of old habit - even if we lose game after game - might have to change? If we can't defend, pull CV. The guy can't rotate well at all on defense. Or at least acknowledge this and devise a scheme to let him stay in the middle with the other 4 guys covering him on the rotations. CV ain't learning. Ain't happening. So if he is not producing - sit him, let him rest and recharge. Meanwhile, you ain't playing Summers, one of our best defenders.

When I see CV out on the court he appears to be a light switch. He is either really in to the game and genuinely works hard to make things happen knowing he can win.....or he just doesn't care knowing that the game is already gone and will put up questionable shots just to see if one of his hail maries might get a good bounce.

Who is this Summers character you speak of....haven't seen him in ages.

Q, guess what, its not the players. No leadership, or worse, leadership that stifles rather than motivates, is what I am seeing. Properly led, this team can win games. Look in the mirror. How many games have you won as a coach? Right, none. Quit thinking you have answer one - and start searching for them. Coach, or quit.

My response, to whoever wrote this.(can't tell actually, does not matter anyway I guess.)

Who is Summers? A guy who can knock down threes, and play good solid D. A guy who very inconveniently could take minutes from one of Dumars bad decisions, Charlie Villanueva.

Also somewhat else suggested they don't know what I mean when I say its not the players. Look, Ben Gordon ain't that bad. If he gets no shots, his stat line can't be very good though. Even CV, if played a lesser role - someone to occasionally bring in some offense, is not that bad a player. When he is played, on the other hand, on schedule, and predictably so the other coach can exploit his lack of defensive rotatation - he hurts us most of the time he is on the court.

Lets throw TMAC in there too. We all saw he can be very valuable - as the point guard with Bynum not playing. But what we have seen lately is only one thing with TMAC on the floor - us losing points to the other team. Its not TMAC, its the coach playing Bynum.

Now, yes, playing Bynum, who is one of the players, does hurt our chances of winning a game. But even Bynum can be played to a better light. He does not seem to hurt us that much when he plays with the starting unit. (Better coverage behind him when he lets his guy go by him.)

The Pistons have loads of talented players. They can win games. If the coach plays them in units that work.

18. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

The problem is that talent isn't good enough to overcome an uncomplimentary roster.

The Pistons winning 6 games with Rodney Stuckey are our best player is an accomplishment.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

We are not playing to our players' strenghts.

• Last night I only watched the 1st half and I've seen at least THREE posessions where Gordon drove hard to the basket and dished it out to Bynum who was camping out at the perimeter for a contested 3 or a loooooong 2. The exact opposite needs to be happenning.
    • We played Daye, who is a swingman, at the 4 to start the season and buried him in the bench afterwards.
    • We keep getting the ball to Maxiell for 18 feet turnaround fade-aways.
    • We are pairing up our smallest guards, Gordon and Bynum, together.
    • We are playing Rip, who's at his best as a catch-n-shoot SG, together with a PG who isn't that interested in passing.
    • We are playing two undersized offensively deficient bigs who are good defenders together.
    • We are playing two regular sized scoring bigs with questionable defense together.
    and the list goes on.

Yes, this team is not balanced enough to make a deep playoff run. But if we used our players in a way to maximize their strengths we can win a lot more games and make the playoffs. Instead of a 6-13 record, we could be looking at least a 9-10 record right now.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pistons current cast of characters is not good enough talent-wise to make the playoffs, irregardless of rotations or coach.

If one of our overloaded position (SG,SF) guys got traded for a need (PG,PF,C), and Jerebko got healthy, the Pistons would be in the playoff mix, albeit a #7 or #8 seed in the EC.