at Miami Heat Friday April 9 7:30 pm

Discussion in 'April 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Miami Heat

Friday April 9

7:30 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 950 WWJ

2. roscoe36

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Preparation H...soothes and relieves.......

4. Blue

Blue First Round Draft Pick

Get... BOOM... tough actin Tinactin

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Heat have won 9 in a row....just what we needed to get us back on track...

6. roscoe36

7. LA Dre

What is Tay trying to prove with his 20 points in the first half??? To late to show the Heat you can beat them, you blew your chance in 2006.....:stirthepot:

8. LA Dre

Twenty for Tay in the first half and 26 for Gordon in the second half and the Pistons win and are now tide with the Sixers for the 6th spot:yellowprison:

Our bench was outscored 42-20, but with 39 points for Gordon and 28 for Tay, who needs a productive bench??

Gordon earned 50% of his contract on this one night. One conclusion, we don't need Rip so I say do what JZ suggested in chat....when the Nets draft John Wall, see if they will swap Devin Harris for Rip.

Start Harris and Bengo and then Bynum and Stuckey can come off the bench. Draft the best big available at 5,6 or 7th pick and hope that he is good enough to move ahead of all of our front court men to start.:sssh:

Any bets on the Pistons playing spoiler and ending the season on six game win streak..:MusicBigGrin:

9. roscoe36

Great Pistons win. Had loads of fun with NYP, Dre, webz and Max for most of the chat, as well as jzchen and BillLaimbeer at the end.

10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

good to hear, maybe one of these nights i'll actually be free to join in.

As much as a better draft pick would do wonders for the team going forward, I am pleased that there is pride on the team and there trying to win. I never want a coach or player to do anything but try to win.

If nothing else whether gordon starts or is off the bench I think its fair to say he can be a piece to the puzzle, but will need to play starter mins to be effective. I think that its becoming more and more apparent that Rip needs to be the next one to be traded, I am not sold that Prince needs to go yet though.

Glad to already be wrong on my 2-6 guess, and hope the team keeps playing hard.

11. roscoe36

Gordon had a great shooting game. If he stays healthy, this is a guy who has some 40 point games in him.

12. max

max All-Star

I feel the same way. Giving some hope to next year. Top 5 pick would have been nice but if these guys can finish out on a 6 game winning streak that will really build confidence for next year.

Tay has been playing great. And now that his Iron man streak is over he can finally get some rest when he is not 100%, that's really going to make a difference.

13. Brap

Brap Starter

I always thought that playing him near 40 minutes game after game year after year was a dumb idea. First, he was always worn down by the end of the year. Second, it pretty much guaranteed that nobody else could be developed at that position. On other teams, Delfino and Evans, for example got PT and got better after they left the Pistons.

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Notes (mostly to myself):
    • Another unexpected win. Does this prove that the GM needed to get tougher from the beginning? When a respected vet like Q kicks a ball, you have some serious personnel problems.
    • False excitement? Tay is probably playing hard for a west coast contract. Probably a done deal happened with Joe. Knowing the personal issues with families, it is always tougher for them. Hence perhaps, the personal days off.
    • Most evident: Bengo needs the right system and needs to start. He is also not your aggressive leadership type. His confidence level seems enhanced with the show of being a starter. That is why JD spent some much money (deserved) on him. Does the right system (even in a modified form) have an opportunity in Piston-land? Can the working-class ideology become something else? Can an attachment of sticky substance acquire advantage when attached to something else? What might it be and who can nurture it?
    • Whither the draft? I am not unhappy about this drop. Big turn-around will not happen through rookie drafts. Plays against JD's strength. 5-10 pick is your classic and meaningful selection spot where more objectivity (and away from expected media hype perceptions that reinforce their legitimacy) plays out. Very happy to get a chance at WJohnson: as good and perhaps a higher level of team player leadership level than GHill. Big summer for JD.
    • I think Miami has a big problem. Interesting and continuous monologue with Riley that comprised the whole 3rd quarter of the Miami broadcaster's play-time: 99% fluff. But that 1% was very telling: his presence and pleating. This was a huge game for the Heat and Wade showed he cared less. Never in the game and didn't want to be. He won't share that small basketball state with the Magic. Wade might want to go west looking for more commercials.
    • More personal days (very big indicator) for Minnesota's Jefferson. JD must be seeing (know doubt) a keen interest in this problem. Sometimes trading problems is the more creative solution to your mental health. Both teams are facing a most uncomfortable couch.

15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It may not matter, who knows, but the Pistons now project to draft at 7 or 8. This is a big fall out. Maybe the Pistons get lucky and draft higher (I hope so and it could happen) but the difference in drafting position could mean getting a Wade-like player at the 5 or a TJ Ford or Heinrich at the 7 and 8 that same year. It might mean getting a Chris Paul at the 4 or a CV at the 7 the same year. What a difference!

I don't think anything is learned the last two weeks of the season as teams let up. The bottom 1/3 of poor teams in the league are not as bad as their records as they learn to lose. They are poor teams to be sure but most can compete here and there and with a key addition can vault back up to mid-pack the following year. The Pistons fit in this category. But what the Pistons lack is an emerging young player to build around. You get that with a top five pick. And if the Pistons were to get the 1 and or 2--now the chances look slim, Joe would probably draft one of those guards (even though the team sorely needs bigs) and start over.

Apart fromt the draft, Gordon would have been brought back next year, and as I pointed out before, get the shots Rip has been getting. I think the recent wins have hurt the Pistons although nothing that a lucky ping pong ball couldn't erase in one stroke.

16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good post. These last 3 wins have REALLY hurt the franchise.

17. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

nah. last 10 years - only 2 no1 lottery teams have gotten no1 pick.

whether you're in standings 3rd 5th or 8, does not matter much: luck matters and it is totally random.

there is no need to overspeculate or overreact.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

more important then losing games right now is to make sure a nice check has been sent of to the league offices and a nice reminder that a possible new owner needs a "star" to start off with so they need to make sure we get the same treatment that cleveland got a few years back, that SA got with duncan, Knicks got with Patric, and I'm sure other "randim chance" things have happened. :p

P.S. they also owe us for the changes to the rules they have done twice after we have won titles.....

19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

It's time to put that Piston's draft envelope in the freezer.
    and..a payola envelope in the mail...:stirthepot: