1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Miami Heat Feb. 24th, 7:30 PM

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by Dlev59, Feb 16, 2009.

1. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm no Prince fan at all, but I think that's a slap in the face to him. Moon is barely even an NBA quality player. We know Prince is much more than that, even if people always played the "underrated, should be an all star" card.

Wade can make anyone look good out there.... he's just fantastic. I'd take him over Kobe in a heartbeat.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's full on suckitude right now. It's everything. We look like we would have to play out of minds to beat a .500 team.

Wade with a career high in assists and Stuckey with the bagel? That is truly humiliating. Plus Wade drained about 10 shots in a row that are out of Stuckey's range.

Also, we get outrebounded by a team that has been outrebounded by 25 in 2 of their last 3 games???

Sheed flat out mailing it in. No heart from him right now.

On the positive side, Prince was 1 rebound and 2 assists away from a triple double. Enjoyed watching his aggression in the post.

AI with a couple spectacular plays.

We actually attempted and made more free throws than our opponent (a very rare occurance).

4. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I'm not a big fan of the per 36 minutes stat, especially when there is a large discrepancy in the number of minutes for each player. Someone on another board tried to actually convince me that the Pistons should bench Stuckey in favor of Will Bynum because... Bynum had better per 36 numbers. Bynum plays about 8 minutes per game! :pound:

That stat is really dependent on circumstance and who you are playing against. It doesn't tell you who he was playing against or when in the game did he produce the most. Those are the most important factors.

Prince is a far better player.... and I dislike him to be quite honest.

5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I watched Moon a lot while following Delfino on Toronto. To me, I will take a guy like Delfino any day. And I like Tay (my favorite player) a whole lot more than Delfino.

With that said, Moon is a very young player with still a lot of upside still possible at least.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Where were those from, next to the hoop?

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Tay has that cerebral touch.

Moon has been touched physically.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They were "from the field."

9. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Meh, he's 28 (which isn't that young) and he's in his second year in the league. I think there's a reason it took the kid so long to get into the NBA. He may become a solid player, but I couldn't ever see him starting on a really good team.

10. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

he spoke

11. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Oh that's funny.

Anyone notice Rip ripped off his jersey before he left the court? He must have been hot.

If I saw when I wake up in the morning that the Pistons signed Stephon Marbury I would be happy at this point.

12. roscoe36

Curry is the reincarnation of Rod Marinelli, Coach Marinate as TFD liked to call him.

[floatr]http://i44.tinypic.com/2yy1ttl.jpg[/floatr]“You’re in this dark tunnel and you’ve got no way out, you’re waiting for light, and you see that light, what do you do? What do you do?

You start digging and getting out. … I’ve always believed you stay in the tunnel and you keep digging when you expect no light. You have the same faith when you expect no light. You have the same belief in what you’re doing when you expect no light. …

It’s dark and I’m going to dig through. My shovel is sharp and my pick is sharp and my will is outstanding.”

13. roscoe36

As I've said before, Rod was fired before he could complete his tunnel to Australia in order to escape Detroit.

14. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Whats up with Sheed and his horrible shots down the stretch every game...I was pleading for AI not to pass to Sheed after the pick because I KNEW he was going to shoot it...sure enough he launches a 3 like there was .5 sec left in the game or something...Then the next time down he takes some falling baseline fadeway 22 footer from the corner...Like if I didn't know any better I would think he was taking those shots as a joke...Like if I were playing with my brother on the same team and he made me mad earlier so I just threw up some garabage shots just so we would lose...

15. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Yeah, and he didn't have the pressure coming off the bench, nor with trying to get AI the ball.

16. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

I thought he was digging his way to China. :sssh:

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sorry, my comparison is to Dyess on the age thing. Just about anyone is very young compared to him.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Wonder what Freud would say about Rod Marenilli.

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Like he's been saying, the team has to fight. Then he says that the team fought hard, but that didn't do it. (so he was wrong about lack of effort being the cause???).

New directives:
    1) get better.
    2) play better.
    3) come up with loose balls.
    4) come up with stops... but only when we need to
    5) come up with buckets... again, when they are needed.

Any Pistons who can't follow MC's new 5 easy keys to victory must be a moron.

20. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's been a definite problem for the past 10 games or so. we probably wouldn't win anyway but he personally hammers the nail in the coffin with poor shots. even when he makes them it doesn't help (putting us up 5 with 25 seconds left with 14 still on the shot clock and we almost lost).