At Miami April 6th, 6:00 PM

Discussion in 'April 2008' started by Dlev59, Apr 5, 2008.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Lee, I have to disagree about Herrmann. He doesn't look slow, and he looks more involved than Hayes. More active on defense and more capable on offense. In playoffs Hayes won't have many opportunities to shoot while being wide open and he can't really do anything else well.
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Hayes is actually a very good mid/high post scorer, almost Mashburnesque in terms of the area in which he is effective. This team is just not very adept at catering to post players.
  3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

My opinion has not changed a bit. Assuming this particular poster is right, we will win it all. I hope he is right. On the other hand, Flip could play the wrong guys, and we could go out in the first round. And no, not for a moment do I trust Flip not to mess it all up yet. (Even with Dumars exerting every bit of influence he can.) While I am a lot more hopeful after this person's post, I wil remain somewhat skeptical of Flip. Lets see him actually do things right this time. Then next year, if he does not mess up this time, we can have some confidence in him.
  4. linwood

linwood All-Star

So what you are saying is we will go out in the first round, or not. Either way, it's Flip's fault.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I would say Hayes is a very good opportunistic post player. If he gets the ball in the post with an advantage he uses it, immediately. On the other hand, on your typical post up play where the defender has a bit of time to set, Hayes ain't that good at all. Tonight he made a pretty good move to score on that fast break. He had the defender at a disadvantage, and immediately recognized what he had to do, executed the play well, and got the score. Hayes is very consistent indeed in this.
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

He hasn't had many good post opportunities in a Pistons uni. That's all.
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Hayes has had a lot of post ups this season. With poor results. Pretty much any defender can defend him in a stationary situation, as Hayes can't move fast enough to gain an advantage. He did have some success early in the season hitting some very heavily contested fades, but you had to know those were not the sort of shots that would keep going in. What Hayes is good at is closing out fast breaks, and scoring around the basket on cuts. Pretty much any time the defender is not set, Hayes manages to score inside. His footwork is solid, just slow.
  8. mikhail1973

He manages to score in the post if he gets a mismatch. But that's about it.
  9. max

max All-Star

The 4th quarter was competitve for a little bit but that was about it. Very nice show that the bench put on for Miami. Probably a lot of fans and players wondering why Riley could not have picked up a couple of players like we have.

Stucky was amazing with those 3 steals and he always manages to find a way to score. I thought everyone was active. For a while there early in the 3rd I was hoping they would hold Miami under 50.

Totally cruched Miami's frontcourt with that Dyess-less and for the most part Sheed-less front line we had. Only dissapointment was Samb, he does not look ready at all.

Curry Junior managed to score 10 points.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is what I am worried about...all of this experimentation and resting is fine, but if he reverts back to 38+ mins and goes with just an 8 man rotation (which includes Stuckey, Max and Hayes) then we might be in trouble in the second round. I know playoff rosters are limited but AA, AJ and even Dixon got to get some burn if max and Hayes ain't bringing it
  11. RupertPupkin

RupertPupkin Second Round Draft Pick

I was at the game this evening. My wife has a friend with season tickets, 6 rows back from the Visitor's bench that were given to us tonight.

It's funny, there were more Pistons fans than Heat fans. Whatever happened to "White Hot??" Whole bunch of fairweather bandwagon fans down here. I'm glad I roll with the Pistons. We had a few "Deeeetroit Basketbaaaall" chants going throughout the game.

I was actually glad to see the reserves get the majority of the playing time, I got a good look at Afflalo, Stuckey, and Amir Johnson and they were all impressive, especially Stuckey. When he broke Daquan Cook's ankle, we were going crazy.. even Heat fans were shaking their heads.

I read something above about Hermann being slow and whatever.. I saw alot of energy from that guy, and he worked hard on the Offensive side of the ball. Overall a pretty good game for us, we were beasts with blocking their shots and grabbing boards.

My parting comment to a group of Heat fans who were talking sh*t to the team and Flip Saunders all night, as they were leaving, "Alright, see you guys in the playoffs! Oh... wait... "
  12. mikhail1973

:pound::pound::pound:

This made my day!
    Thanks.
  13. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Flip has already proved that if player creates something he gets minutes ( contrary to some fans who thinks that flip is biased, do not recognize true talance from bench etc). Whether PO rotation is 8 or 10 or 12 etc guys depends 100% on ballers themself. For me plain and simple.Ok, machups are part of considerations too.
  14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

One random observation from Kelser in the game last night: he said he recently found out that Amir is "by far the best chess player on the Pistons." We know he's into computers, so maybe he plays online? Better that than Arenas' halftime online poker, I guess!
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This winter, I kept getting beat in online chess by some guy named "DNP-CD". I wonder if that was him....
  16. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Classic, man....just classic.:pound::pound::pound:
  17. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Hey did anyone catch what I and D4 did on the game? Someone bellowed DEEEETROIT BAAAASKETBALL and the crowd booed:pound::pound::pound:
  18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i caught it haha, i'm surprised the crowd mustered enough together to boo
  19. mikhail1973

It was funny.
  20. max

max All-Star

I did not catch that, lot of empty seats though. I was surprised at all the Piston jerseys in the stands.