At Memphis March 3rd, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by Dlev59, Mar 1, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought Dice got less respect but then I watched him, and from what I could see, he's a dirty, dirty player. He clutches and grabs, he holds and pokes.

On almost every play, he is trying to get away with something. Why he feels compelled to do that junk is beyond me.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nope, the other team is just scouting him less since they don't even expect him to play. Mohammed has not changed, just less of the other team taking advantage of his weaknesses.

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Couldn't see the game - thanks for all the summaries.

4. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Second to dba, hey I hope you don't mind.:)

5. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Turned out to be more of a pesky game than it should have. I hope Sheed is back for Dallas! btw, Magic had Dallas but just couldn't hold them down in Dallas last night. Darko played pretty good.

6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think it helps that Nazr doesn't have to worry about fouls anymore. When he was starting, he was always going up against the other team's starting center who would start out very active. Nazr would usually pick up his 2nd foul midway through the first quarter and then have to sit for a while.

He needs to just play hard and not worry about stuff like that, which he is able to do off the bench. As much as I have criticized him, I still like his rebounding and his garbage-man qualities around our basket. I would always fit him in the game 5-10 minutes per night... to keep him motivated if nothing else.

7. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Just want to make a comment about Dice... this guy has turned back to clock recently... he looks like he's regained some of that burst he had pre-injuries... A pleasant surprise watching him out jump and out quick players 8 years his youth.
    This is a perfect example of not making early judgments on how a player will perform over a full season.. many of us had him labeled as washed up the first month.
    We could have Dice in the starting lineup and not skip a beat with Sheed out... but it's understandable why they're using him with the 2nd unit to avoid a drop off when the starters sit (even though he plays a lot with the regulars).
    Maybe Maxiell would play better as a bigger option with the 2nd unit?

8. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Roscoe posting no more jokes "a more, SERIous Roscoe" lasting about as long as a Hardaway relationship with a gay man, too!

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

...for those who didnt know what I was referring to....:MusicBigGrin:

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

MY chat room and posting expiriences have diminished because I am spending more evenings with my family watching stuff like Grey's anatomy and Lil Miss Sunshine. I didnt even watch this game until Sunday morn at 8AM. I have to sacrifice now as I prepare for March Madness, Baseball Season and the NBA Playoffs. So, my evil plan is working:stirthepot: !!.....Meanwhile, the dirty low down on this game was my matchups of Mike Miller vs Rip and Hakim Warrick vs Tay. I think Suzy Davenport(Miller) is a special player. He has yet to play with a mentor and allpro that can take his game to an allstar level every night. Gasol is not a leader, a great player though. Put Miller on the Rockets with Yao and McGrady and they're the NBA Champs. He is a stronger better atheletic version of Rip and he can finish with either hand. Did u see highlights of the 48pt game he had? If we had a chance to take him over Rip. i'd do it yesterday....
    Warrick is in the same arena as Tay. I think he is a better finisher and as equal a defender. He can get the same12-15 pts Tay gets, but with less effort(like tip ins and steals). I would love to see a deal like Rip, Tay, nazsty, Flip and our number 1 for Miller , Warrick and their number 1...
    (dream sequence over)................

11. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Thanks for the caps. ESPN radio didn't even know the game was on. One update all nite. I thought the game may have moved to Sunday.

12. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Anyone else think it's no coincidence that Tayshaun was hitting those shots down the stretch in a game where Flip brought in Delfino for him with 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter? It let Tayshaun get extended rest, yet still come back in with 7 minutes to go in the game. Plus it let Delfino get into a rhythm and knock down 3 shots.

I never understood why Flip insists on having Tayshaun play into the 4th quarter before he gives him a chance to rest.

13. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Thank God. Maybe he/we can trust Fino more.

14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

If Delfino plays a lot during the third quarter his offense will come around. Delfino does absolutely everything except put the ball in the hole. I'm not complaining about it, but if he plays a lot in the third quarter he'll get into a rhythm.

Same thing will happen for Tayshaun. Tay will usually save up his energy and not do anything on offense because he is always gaurding the best opposing perimeter player. If Delfino gets more playing time it will help him and Tay get more effective on offense.

15. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

That's a pernicious lie that has somehow become conventional wisdom.

16. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

how so?

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

because ahb hates tayshaun

18. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Because it's simply untrue. In almost all cases, Tayshaun guards the opposing 3. He very rarely defends 2-guards - probably less often than he does jumpshooting 4s - and almost never point guards.

Irrespective of how good a defender you think he is, Tayshaun has not been the primary defender of any starting 2-guard in the NBA except Kobe Bryant in the Flip Saunders era, and the idea that he is, is nothing but a media fabrication.

And, I don't hate Tayshaun. I think Tayshaun is a good guy and a fine role player. What I dislike is people trying to make more of him than he is.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Uh yes he does on most occations.

On teams like Seattle he won't guard their best perimeter player (Ray Allen) because their small forward is a heck of a player too, and Rip would not be able to guard Rashard Lewis. Tayshaun does guard the best opposing perimeter player unless the other team has a good small forward.

20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

So he guards Dwyane Wade, or Kapono? Ginobili, or Bowen? Michael Redd, or Ruben Patterson? Joe Johnson, or Josh Smith? Nash, or Marion? Marbury, or Lee? Ricky Davis, or Trenton Hassell? Deron Williams, or Kirilenko? Did he guard Iverson in Philadelphia recently, or Kyle Korver?