at Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday November 24 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

With Stuckey, we seem destined to win 25-35 games per season. I say we offer him 20 mil over 4 seasons.
  2. Brap

Brap Starter

Until he plays on a team with legit low post defenders and NEVER in a lineup with freaking Ben Wallace and Maxiell as the C/PF combination = ZERO offensive presence, it's impossible to judge Stuckey from his stats.

Also Tay Prince and Rip are assets of the past - not the present or future with this team, and Stuckey's starting with them as well. Come on - there's no way this team sets up well with that junk and group of misfits (all of them non-floor stretchers).

He looks entirely different running with Gordon and at least one of CV and Daye - and he'll look entirely different as Monroe gets acclimated, and JJ returns and he has guys who are comfortable playing at a faster pace.

The guy is clearly our best player, and from what I've seen he competes well against any guard he matches up with. He's just not the problem on this goofy roster and ridiculous rotation.
  3. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Isn't Bynum getting 3 million a year? Stuckey is going to want more than 5 per year... and I'm sure he'll get a higher over than that.
  4. Nemo

Good...you see my point. Let him have his money...somewhere else.
  5. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

If we don't plan on going over $5M per, we should trade him, because someone else is going to offer more.
  6. Nemo

Trading is the option I'd go for but I just don't know if the league values Stuckey like we here at the PF do.
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Even if you're not a Stuckey fan, you can't deny that his play has improved this year. And similarly, you know that we're much worse off with Bynum starting at the point next year than we are with Stuckey.

Stuckey should get a fair contract. Somewhere in the 7-8 mil per year is certainly fair, IMO.
  8. Nemo

It may be fair, but not what is on my Christmas list. :)
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Gotta call BS on this. We won 59 games and lost to the eventual champs in the conference finals his rookie season (with him starting in a couple wins during the playoffs). You make it sound like he's a cancer who brings down quality teams, when this roster has degraded every year he's been in the league.

If Rodney Stuckey is your best player, you're in trouble. But I don't see any reason he can't be a piece to the puzzle.

We're a team with ZERO defensive presence on the interior (sorry Big Ben), a terrible coach, no go-to type of scorer, and absolutely no low post scorers yet we're a 25-35 win team with Stuckey. Fix 2 of those 4 gaping holes and we're in the playoffs with ease.
  10. Nemo

I'd have to disagree there. I would state why I feel Stuckey is not our PG of the future, but we've read too many negatives about him already. I don't view him as a cancer and I don't view him as our starting point guard in the future. He'd make a fine PG off the bench.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Obviously, your best player needs to at least be an all-star. Ideally, they are a future hall of famer... and even that doesn't guaranty success.