at Memphis Grizzlies Wednesday November 24 8:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Pistons will take the disappointment of last night out of the Grizzlies.

Pistons by 12*.

GO PISTONS!

* And that's after the Grizz make the score respectable in GT. We'll be up more than 20 points in the 4th quarter.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

lovin greg monroe in his extended minutes tonight. looking very comfortable
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At the half the Pistons lead 50-47. shooting 51%... Stuckey looked good scoring the Pistons first 7 pts and leads the Pistons in scoring with 13..all coming in the first qtr. Stuckey is the only starter doing anything as the the bench is keeping the Pistons ahead of the game scoring 31 of the Pistons 50 pts. The other starters are a combined 3-13.

The Pistons rode Villanueva's hot hand in the 2nd as he scored from the outside and few from in the lane and paint to the tune of 11 pts. Bengo has also chipped in 8 pts going 3-3 from the field. Greg Monroe has played great, especially while Zach was sitting grabbing 5 boards, hit both of his FTA and drove the floor coast to coast for a layup.

Only six TO's but it seems that Grizzlies have scored off of all of them. If they can tidy up the defense a bit and pull away, we may be able to take this one.

Looks Daye is another CD-DNP :yellowprison:...Although Bengo and CV are hot, their damage has been inside the arc, and we may need the long ball from either Daye or one of them in the second to stretch this one out.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

can somebody please let coach q know he is allowed to make substitutions during the game when other teams are getting hot and we cant hit the floor with the ball.....:stooges:
  7. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know it was a blowout, but we had 10 guys play between 20 and 27 minutes in this game. Q needs to sort out some kind of consistent rotation. I don't see how any of these guys can expect to develop a personal game rhythm, let alone any team chemistry like this.

It's not a one-off, looking at the season stats we have 11 guys averaging at least 16 minutes per game, with only 2 above 30 minutes.

What a mess.
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Words do not even begin to describe how revolted I was with Rodney Stuckey tonight. He played so poorly and more importantly selfishly, that I wouldn't care if he didn't see a single minute in the next game.

At this point, I wouldn't even offer him a contract in the summer. He's not committed to winning.
  9. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I see that you are a Stuckey Fan who is dissapointed.

I'm sorry for you, I also had a lot of faith in Stuckey after that Playoffs game when Billups couldn't play He take over against the Celtics and score great points in Garnett's face.

But when Chauncey leaves, I started to see the true Stuckey, a selfish player who is not a PG and will never be.

I can't wait til the franchise is sold so Joe Dumars will not have an excuse for not doing trades here..

This is not pointing fingers, you can't say that this is Kuester's fault or Rip's fault.. it's ALL OF THEM.

Everyone is giving his piece to make this a sorry team.

The big question here is:

If you know you can't win.. Why are you keeping Daye, Summers and Monroe in the bench?? (yes Monroe is playing 20+ min but the other two guys??

Come on.. let the young grow, it would be nice even if we lose all the games.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This team is bad, but the real reason is the owner, the GM and then that darn don't-know-how-to-adjust coach who would have the Lakers under .500 if he were coaching them....Will somebody please tell Q that you are only going to win 20% of your games when Ben and Max start....Tonight it seems like the Pistons were playing three on five in the first and 3rd qtr and then 0 on 5 in the 4th. Zach Randolph who finished with 21/14, had more pts and nearly more rebounds at the half than Ben and Max had combined for the whole game....(4/10).

After leading the half by 3, the Pistons starters missed their first 8 shots before Rip finally connected. He actually scored 12 of their 18 pts in the 3rd before his selfish behind started arguing again and was tossed. WTH is wrong with him?? I mean twice in one week??:yellowprison: Right now I would give Grizzlies Rip, Max and Q for Randolph.

Bynum continued to either hold the ball to long, shoot it or passed it to the other team...(3 turnovers) Bengo hit his first four shots, but even though Rip was tossed late in the 3rd and Bengo played the rest of the game, by the time somebody decided to hand him the rock, they were down 15 or so and he just started tossing his last three shots with reckless abandon...he didn't care anymore...and more importantly..didn't score anymore.

Daye finally got in the game during GT and was joined later by Wilcox who was more productive in almost 4 minutes than max was in his 23 mins of play. Wilcox scored 6 pts and grabbed 3 boards.

Max played one good game vs the Clippers and has nearly stolen Daye's job away and we are 2-3 since including losing 2 of those after having halftime lead. (the two wins were the Kings and Wiz).

Good game for Monroe in the first half, but he got caught up in the Grizzly rush and looked almost lost in the second like most of the other Pistons...who got outscored 58-34 in the second half.

Meaningless stat of the night category!! Points in the Paint: Grizzlies 68, Pistons 34 :doh:
  11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

More like the Earth. I think the ball is more likely to hit the moon sometimes than the basket. And no, Kuester will not make substitutions. And the rest of the coaches know it. Further, they can set their watches by our substitution patterns.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Man, that was ugly. Can't believe I wasted space on my DVR hard drive for that.

Just some stale bball. 1 ast from Stuck and 2 from WB. 48 minutes of point guard play and they created virtually no easy baskets for their teammates.

I'm not really that down on Kuester. This team is so imbalanced it's ludiculous.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What is up with Rip? Maybe he does not want to play that much? Play Daye. I am sure Daye wants to play. Thats 3 games in a row now that Daye has sat the bench.

There is a reason Kuester keeps set rotations. He does not want to accidentally try something different. Something that might work for instance. The guy is a loser, a man with no plan and a deep stubborn streak.

Yes, Monroe looked good on the boards. But he is on almost exclusively with Bynum in there, who can't even begin to guard his guy. So Monroe, and the rest of our bigs, have to scramble to try to cover for Bynum. It just does not make any sense to spend so much energy to try to cover for a player who contributes so little. Lets go back in Pistons history a bit. Dantley, we covered for regularly on defense, but he was a wrecking ball on offense. Corliss we had to cover on rotations, but he could score inside with the best. Even this season, we are covering a bit for CV, but CV is providing regular scoring. Bynum ain't doing any defense, and his offense, as a point guard, consists of nothing but him making a bunch of shots. Just enough go in to make the smell bearable enough for Kuester to continue playing the guy.

Someone tell Kuester, that yes, we do notice he is not playing Daye. You know, the guy who recently hit 10 straight three pointers. Only 3 NBA players have ever exceeded that. Just maybe the guy can play? I never for a moment actually thought Kuester wanted to play Daye. The putting him at power forward thing was just to fool some people into believing that he cared. He does not care. Way too much media pressure right now for him in regards to Monroe, so Monroe is playing.

Like Stuckey says, the rest of the team needs to run with him. No way he should be down there with 4 defenders on him and nobody on our team around to pass to. Time to put in the younger guys into the starting unit. Yes, Daye, and Monroe. And JMAX, not Ben Wallace, to start games. Lets throw Gordon in there too.

Thats: Stuckey, Gordon, Daye, Monroe, JMAX. Now we can run to start games.

This leaves a fine bench: TMAC running the point, Rip, Tay, CV, Ben Wallace.

Note, this leaves a center in at all times, a power forward in at all times, a small forward in at all times, a shooting guard in at all times, someone who can run the point at all times, and someone who can guard their point guard at all times. (Rip on the 2nd unit covers the point guard, with Tay covering the shooting guard, TMAC covering the small forward. And of course, lots of ability to switch off who guards who there.)

Stuckey started this one out with 13 in the first quarter. As soon as the other team packed it in to stop Stuckey, we should have put Gordon and Daye in to stretch the defense back out. Nope. No moves at all by Kuester to take full advantage. Rip did take advantage some in that 3rd quarter before getting tossed. (And by the way, I mean Gordon in for Rip, not going small ball. Oh wait a second, I already have Daye and Gordon in with Stuckey in my proposed starting unit. Already covered.)

Monroe's highlight was when he dribbled full court and layed it in. TMAC had no highlights in this one. Still showing that dunk from last game. For all the promise that TMAC has, once healthy, I got news for Kuester. Daye is healthy. TMAC can play more when healthier. Or use him as the backup point, where he can actually be useful.

The Pistons did try a variety of things to stop Randolph, doubling him often. At least they were trying. Better than some games where it is ignored that a hot shooter is hurting us.

This was the 3rd game in four nights, so yes we can say we were tired. Kind of early in the season though. Maybe our starters are aging. Time to revamp the starting unit.

Memphis made a great move, having one of their hot shot guards come off the bench. Darn good strategy against a team like the Pistons who go with an ultra short point guard on their second unit who a guy like Mayo can posterize at Will.

I paid no attention to GT.

Good nite all. And have a Great Turkey Day. GO LIONS!!!!!
  14. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Embarrassing.
    Clueless-Q.
    I can't stand Tayshaun Prince. He's working my last nerves.
    Monroe did some nice things on the floor in the first half, the 2nd half not so much. Dude still can't finish (more on that later) and he had his first AOTG tonight!!!!
    Rodney Stuckey, wow, he made Mike Conley look like a Black John Stockton tonight when you compare their games as PG's.
    When Will Bynum is on the court I think every team in the league exclusively runs a play called B-3, Blow By Bynum!
    Time to put Ben Wallace in street clothes. Ben is our best interior defender, and we're still getting dominated in the paint, might as well get the future on the floor since we're going to lose anyway.
  15. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

OK...let's find the bright side.

The Pistons are 5-6 in their last 11 games.

The Heat are 5-6 in their last 11 games.

:) :) :)
  16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:dizzy2: :dizzy2: :dizzy2:
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Let's be fair now. Stuckey is tied for the lead in shots blocked with the invaluable Ramon Sessions. If I had to think anyone would be close to Stuckey in that department, it would be Will Bynum, but he doesn't even attack the rim all that much anymore. He's into bricking 18 foot jumpers now.
  19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

it's amazing how much lower my blood pressure is by NOT having NBA league pass this year!!
  20. jayborne

jayborne Bench Warmer

Horrendous roster (bottom 3) + mediocre coach = bad team = bad losses. Pretty standard NBA formula here. The best 3 or so players on any given night are on the other team, not much of an exception last night.

In this thread I've seen disappointment with not playing our young Sf who is small for that position for not playing PF, a lineup with Jason Maxiell starting at center, and a suggestion that we start Chris Wilcox.

Officially a trainwreck. The Lions have shown more promise. As long as this roster stays the same, these brief highs and frequent lows will persist (sic?).

At this point is our only interest in resigning Stuckey that there is so little future talent on the roster we can't even afford to let him walk free?