At Memphis Grizzlies Jan.19th, 5:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

I missed major parts, but we got the W!
  2. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Yes we did....but what about the future?
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

AI had very good game( offensively) and Rip good. An outsider would think: wow, nice cooperation, they surely helped each other out there.

But her comes the catch: neither AI or Rip do not need each other for good or even very good game.

But still MC plays SB to keep both player on the court at the same time....
  4. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

I watched game on sport+ french sport channel, so missed the chat...

I was very happy with AI performance today. Finally he put one of his old performances, I missed that this year..
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We won. Wooooohoooooo!
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK HQ my brother, here are the answers to your MLK holiday predictions..above in red
    Who are you picking for the Superbowl so that I can bet on the other team:p
  7. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

I ended up missing the fourth quarter. :gaah:But, despite the win, I'm not sure I want to see the take turn approach either. It looked like they were checking the scoreboard and said, "12 points? I got ya' 12 points!" and then other one went off.

If one is the 1st option, do whatever you want and need, in their quarter, that automatically relegates the others to fighting for scraps. Is that going to work?

I truly enjoyed hearing every commentator hint, hint at who they think should start. All except Chris Webber. A great player he was, before the knee injury. After that, he was even further from the basket and that much more of a ball stopper.

If Chris ran off a screen waiting for a shot in Philly, I ran off a screen waiting for a shot. I used to participate on another board and called Chris: Pegleg Pete when he was in Philly. He was a shell of himself, Kyle Korver and Andre Igoudala had earned their shots and that's why it was "hard" for him.

I reluctantly have five dollars on Allen being sent to the bench. I'd really like to lose that bet.

As for the big men, I almost feel sorry for Rodney and Allen, because it's not like they aren't trying to feed them.

Poor Tayshaun, he looks completely out of sorts. I've got 25 dollars on Tayshaun either already having bugged the office or being caught with his ear up against the door during THE MEETING!!! He is so ready for this to be over.
  8. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The body language was so bad. Tay, Sheed, stuckey. Sheed looks like there has been a death in the family and so does Tay. What can be done. I dvr'd the game because I had a MLK forum and pre-augural dinner at my house for the kids. I get a break because they are watching the kids concert on the disney channel. Yes it has been a long day, but fun. I will watch the game later on, but from what I saw, the stones have no life. Small ball needs to go.
  9. theprince22

theprince22 First Round Draft Pick

lol agreed. worst predictions ever.
  10. LA Dre

Star have you visited our chat room yet?? I can't recall if you have been there for the live chats or not...just thinking that we may enjoy seeing some of your in game comments...

Back to the game, or actually back to the TNT comments. I think C-Webb hit it on the nail about possibly having AI come off the bench and play with the non-shooters.... It might work out that if the other guys are just defending or being decoys, he could fill it up and basically extend any second qtr lead before the other team catch on to what is going on.:confused:

However.......If you notice in tonights game, AI got off in the first qtr when Rip was on the bench and then Rip got off in the second qtr with AI on the bench and then in the 4th it was AI that got off with Rip on the bench....no matter who starts or sits, still looks like Rip needs to be traded as they play better with other watching......from afar.
  11. theprince22

theprince22 First Round Draft Pick

yea AI played great today. I thought stuck played great as well. Rip was playing well in the first half, but not in the second half. Max played well, Tay was horrible on offence although he want getting any calls, played good D tho. Sheed showed up in the second half,... what did I miss
    oh who can tell me why Amir didn't play?
  12. LA Dre

His contract states that he has MLK day off....
  13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

That's exactly what I was going to comment on...the Chris Webber comments. He said AI needs to play with 5 robots, which I didn't get because I come up with 6 players in that scenario, but the fact that he felt AI would never pass him the ball was interesting. Still harboring some resentment.

AI seemed to be passing quite a bit with the Pistons...especially when paired with Rodney.

And Czar Fratello thought AI should go to the bench too...but these guys, for the most part, don't watch the games.

So where is Barkley...is he on punishment? Or is he getting that tattoo?
  14. LA Dre

He is taking some time off to either visit the Betty Ford clinic or is filming a few episodes of Sober House on VH1... He will probably pop up some where at the inauguaration apologizing to everyone.
  15. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

Oh yeah, there is still resentment. Their relationship changed drastically by Chris' behavior in Philly. They may have gotten back straight...up until tonight.

Jim O'Brien once drew up a play that required Chris to go down to the blocks, to which he replied, "I don't play on the blocks anymore." Chris destroyed that team.

I've never seen Allen freeze out a player that could do something with the ball. I don't have the time or real inclination to find it, but Matt Harpring revealed in an interview that Larry Brown forbade the other Sixers from shooting the ball unless it was like under five seconds on the clock and they couldn't find Allen.

I can't believe that no one has watched Allen play since 2001, but the whole Allen and The Robots mindset makes it look like that is exactly what has happened.
  16. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

This is the same way I saw it too; 4 weeks ago. Rip needs his teammates but AI doesn't. AI can create and make opportunities for his teammates while Rip is limited to catch and shoot.

AI to the second unit and keep them a threat to score and run. The other advantage is better defensive players will be with AI on the second unit.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

The guys doing the game kept reiterating that over and over (AI coming off the bench). It's sad when a win over the Memphis Grizzlies is cause for celebration. Why do all the players look so damn depressed ?
  18. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Cuz most of them are playing out of position and know that it isn't a recipe for success.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The issue is not who starts. They are going to make a big announcement tomorrow, it's so silly, because other teams don't make it a national emergency when they change the starting lineup, but anyways, they are going to call a big press conference, to buy themselves another 10 games.

The problem is, there are not enough minutes. Even if a guy comes off the bench, AI is going to play 40+ as the backup point and possibly starting 2. Now assuming Rip plays the other 8 minutes (as opposed to Afflalo) then we will have about 28 minutes of Rip and AI on the court together. And some of that will have Stuckey on the floor as well.

This talk about the starting lineup, is 100% misdirection, just like trading CB to start Stuckey, when AI was the starter after CB left (and no one was talking about Stuckey). 3 Years from now, people will totally forget that AI started after CB left. And 10 games from now, people will wake up and realize the problem wasn't who started (because it was ongoing) but rather that there are too many guys, demanding too many minutes, and it's killing the development of AJ and AA.
  20. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Exactly.

And if the players are sad, and if i am sad, it is because we are are not really a good team though we have good players. In fact, a number of good players who at one time or another were able to find a way to contribute to making a great team.

for me, there is nothing worse (in ball or in life) than seeing talent squandered by stupid and cowardly decision-making at the top of the hierarchy. Smash the state.