at LA Lakers Tuesday January 4 10:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Lakers announcers were destroying Stuckey last night. When they weren't outwardly laughing at him they claimed that members of the Pistons organization told them that Stuckey was "a scoring guard and not a lead guard."

I wonder if this is this the coaches saying this?

I believe that Stuckey is sick, but his confidence looks shot now. He seemed resigned to losing last night.

It's too bad some of the Lakers hadn't called Charlie Garbage a "cancer patient" after the last game because he might have been motivated to do something last night.

Is there a player in the L who plays longer then Andy Bynum?
  2. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

It would be pretty cool if it turns out that Ernie IS Tom Gore. Even cooler would be if the Pistons started the next season as the DETROIT SLOW ADULTS. I can't even imagine how cool the new jerseys would be with the Slow Adults logo on the chest.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Indeed you did..............He's also a family man bringing his 2 daughters to the game.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I noticed something last night and it was confirmed by looking at the box score today. We play too slow. Our super scorer Ben Gordon put up 6 shots, rip had 9 and Tay had 8. As a matter of fact we did not have a player take 10 shots. I did not go back and look at previous games but the Lakers took 17 more shots then we did.

When you get fouled on a shot attempt; does it count as a shot or do the free throws take its place?

You have to be almost perfect if you are going to play this slow which magnifies every miss. It would be different if we were feeding a big man in the post for bunnies but we are shooting jump shots and we are just not getting enough shots up.
  5. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The pace of the game was very slow last night...I noticed that as well.

I'm also glad that someone else got to hear the Lakers announcers dogging Rodney through out the 2nd quarter. They used the words "lead guard" often, and noted that he is not one of those. When he did finally make it into the game, he looked sick still.

Frustrating to see that Fisher frustrated Ben Gordon so much in the first quarter. And from then on, Gordon wasn't worth a darn. Lack of mental toughness. When you have a soldier heading out onto the court to take pride in his defensive assignment, you need to step your game up man. There is a reason why Derek Fisher has won so many championships (and close to another with the Jazz). I will say this though, and maybe some of you will disagree, last night would have been a good night to start Rip. Starting BG at SG just played into the defensive assignments of the Lakers. Kobe slipped over to guard T-Mac at the one, Artest stayed with Tay, and Fisher got to guard our tweener, BG. If Rip had started, we could have used our height advantage in the front court. Just my opinion.
  6. max

max All-Star

It does not count unless its a continuation.

Glad announcers are making fun of Stuckey, man remeber the time when we would have been livid over something like that. So frusterating. At 10-19 mark I thought we may have had a shot to save the sesaon but the team keeps losing.
  7. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hate to say it, but this season is gone. T-Mac is auditioning for a new contract, maybe the MLE, something like what McDyess got from San Antonio. I dont blame him, go for it. This team is so disfunctional, I'd be happy to see him get paid once more. Rip has mentally checked out, Stuckey looks like he doesn't even have the reservation confirmation to check in, Tay Tay is lookin like he is playing for his final contract as well, and our youngs are losing confidence every outing. Painful painful painful.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

The Laker game was a good window on the team. It is better to get a clearer view even if it is not what fans hope for. The only way to fix the team is understand what type of talent it has.

TMAC, Tay and Monroe played like they belonged at the top level.

Sure, Monroe's offensive game is two years away maybe, but he looked like he belonged.

And yes, Tay and Tmac might not be with the team next year.

Rip is a puzzle--he is not that old-- but he obviously has to be moved.

CV, and expecially Gordon, looked overmatched as did Jmax.

Daye doesn't know the NBA game yet. Like his shot and his length, but he has a deliberateness about him that is a worry.

If the Pistons get a top five pick, they can pick a big. If not, they can go for a point guard. Everyone except, Monroe, JJ, and Daye could be moved if the situation called for it.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

I must say that I've never seen an NBA team give up as many point blank lay-ups as the Pistons do. They must give up 4-8 a game.
  10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Whenever we give up a layup, I rewind it and see who screwed up. The first couple yesterday were TMac, CV, Tay, Max. It's not one or two guys. It seems that we have a lot of poor defenders that either fall asleep a lot or are simply over-matched.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Games must take a long time to watch at your house.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

It seems like there is to be a lot of confusion over help D also. After every layup it seems the blown by player looks around with his hands out as if someone was supposed to be behind them to help. Maybe they just do this to save face.

I think this was against Utah and not last night, but did you see the play where a guard drove the length of the floor while Charlie V had his back turned chasing his man and shot a pre-game warm up style layup and started running back on D before CV even turned around?
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It was set up. The Lakers needed a team that they could practice with, and the Pistons were just what the doctor ordered since their defense seems disappear at times.

Last night it was the offense that abandoned them in third which gave the Lakers a chance to capitalize on our bricks and race down the floor for uncontested layup drills.

Funny while Andrew Bynum was out of the lineup, we were able to pile up the points in the paint, but once he came back in the 3rd, we abandon the inside and the first 5 shots were from the outside and the long rebounds turned into ez buckets for the Lakers on the the other end. The turnovers hurt too., especially the differential where the Lakers had only 8 or so after having 55 in their previous 3 games.

Agree that Stuckey was not needed in this one as he is not even 75% let alone 100.

Who are we scrimmaging next?
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

You can draw a conclusion from that in like 10 minutes of play last night?

The dude is sick. He shouldn't have been playing at all the last two games. It's not like easing a guy back in that's coming off an injury.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I kept an eye on the score during the 1st half and when we finished the half with just 3 pts down, I started to wonder "could it be?"

I put the kids to bed, turned the LP on as the 2nd half began. Then I went downstairs to get a beer and the phone rang. I come back up to my room 15 minutes later and the Lakers are up by 30. WTH? Apparently we didn't score a basket for the first half of the 3rd quarter. Aaaah, the nauseating weightlessness of utterly predictable yet unavoidable implosion. We are trying to compete on the NASCAR circuit in a 1985 Civic with 2006 Chevy Cobalt bumpers duct-taped on.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I do a lot of fast-forwarding, too, so it evens out. :)
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

How bout the back to back plays by Stuckey in the 1st where he:
    • Committed an offensive foul by plowing into Shannon Brown who was more set and stationary than the Statue of Liberty and prompted the Laker announcers to laugh and say, "No one can argue about that charge/block call. The refs will never have an easier call than that one."
    • Then raced up the court on the very next possession, put his head down and drove into 3-4 Laker defenders only to get his shot badly blocked.
    The Pistons just need to find the right players to surround this guy with and stop surrounding him with all this dead weight. He is a stud!
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

In Honor of Rodney Stuckey, I forced my vehicle into an occupied parking space at Starbucks this morning.
  19. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

In honor of Rodney Stuckey, I plowed my doughnut this morning into a full cup of coffee, knowing it would overflow.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

You need to follow it up by plowing into everyone in line on your way out and spilling your coffee.