at LA Lakers Tuesday January 4 10:30 pm

Discussion in 'January 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Due to the late start tonight the game will go like this.

The Pistons will fall behind by 22-27 pts in the 1st half while most of us decide to go to bed.

We will wait around until the start of the 3rd Q to see what happens. The Pistons will make a run at some point and cut the lead down to 2-6 points stringing us along throughout the 4th Q until they lose down the stretch.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Sounds Good To Me!!!! Ready to go!

Oh, and This Gonna Be Ugly!
  4. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Double digit loss...established in the 1st qtr.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm going to bed. You ruined it for me, Ernie. :(
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons down 5 at the end of one. The bench came in with about 3 mins left in the 1st and none of them scored....Monroe, Struckey, max, and Rip,,,at that point the Lakers started their run...

Bynum got most of the Lakers first 10 points, but got into foul trouble early and sat. Kobe missed his first nine shots and sat....
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey looks horrible. He is so terrible at making decisions. The offense has no chance when he is running it.
  9. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have to agree Bill. Stuck comes into the game, and immediately the offense looks like a box of hard tac. Horrible. Trying to go for the last %%%% of the quarter and gets a shot clock violation. Give me a break.
  10. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I typed shot, I swear.
  11. LA Dre

Quester recognized that Stuck obviously was not ready to play and pulled him after 6 mins of play.

The Lakers up 3 at the half and if not for the Turnovers differential, the Pistons could be leading this game....Pistons have 8 TO's and the Lakers picked up their 2 in the last 2 mins of the half.

Pistons hanging in there due to the play of Kobe, TMac and Rip.....wait a minute Kobe?? Yep, my fantasy stud in stinking it up shooting 4-15 from the floor and 1-4 from the FT line......as bad as he appears, he halfway to a triple double with 9-6-5.

Meanwhile as good as it appears TMac is playing, he too is halfway to a triple double with 10pts, 4 assists and 5 TURNOVERS!!

Rip has delivered 11 pts and 2 dimes off the bench and Monroe has hit all three of his FG and grabbed 4 boards. He did most of his damage with Bynum on the bench. Bynum was having his way in the paint before he picked up his three fouls. Someone will need to take it to him to open the 3rd to get him another couple of fouls early and sent to the bench
  12. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I CAN'T BELIEVE THE PEOPLE who says that Ben Gordon is our best player..

COME ON! HE HATES PLAYING IN HERE AND he is missing easy 3 point shots

Charlie V sucks and I'm tired of hearing Joe Dumars talking about him like he is growing, he is better than last year.. COME ON MAN he SUCKS and the 80 M SPENT IN THOSE 2 GUYS WAS PROBABLY YOUR BIGGEST MISTAKE IN YOUR WHOLE CAREER..

YES.. bigger than the Darko thing..

I'm so mad.. sorry people..
  13. LA Dre

Tale of two halves

It was close at halftime, but the Pistons forgot to come out of the locker room in the third.

Couldn't tell if the Lakers were that good or the Pistons were just that bad.

I don't care how much Max gets praised for defense, he has no court sense at all. Blame that on Flip for leaving him on the bench to long.

Bottom line is the Pistons shot 50% in the first half and could not hit the side of a barn in the second.....every Piston miss in the 4th qtr led to a fastbreak score for the Lakers on the other end. Garbage time came early with about 7 mins left in the game.
  14. LA Dre

Pistons now 3-16 when they allow an opponent to score 100 pts.

Lakers [STRIKE]beat[/STRIKE] slaughter Pistons by 25, 108-83, outscoring them 63-41 in the decisive second half. Pistons could have used Wilcox, to match the Laker bigs as but I understand he is hurting.

Bynum, Gasol and Odom had 50 points and grabbed 22 boards....Monroe had a double-double with 14 and 11, but we only got six points from CV, Big Ben and Max who was 0-5 with an assortment of bricks.

Old man Fisher frustrated Gordon from the start of the game and he never got untracked.

We got some decent players on this team, but they get out hustled and take bad shots and play to much one on one....they need a coach who can coach discipline. OH yeah they can't play defense....................
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Good test to see who can play at the necessary level. Tay, TMac and Monroe. That is all who contributed in any significant way when the game was on the line.

The Pistons got nothing out of CV, Gordon, very little from Ben, two three point shots but nothing else from Rip, nothing from JMax, nothing from Stuckey and Daye is just lost out there most of the time.

Easy game to sum up and a good game to evaluate the roster. Better to see it and call it as it is--that will be the only way back.
  16. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

To be fair, I don't think he should be playing. He's still sick, I don't understand "easing" him back into things; it's not an injury. Let him sit out until he's 100%. I know a lot of people don't like Stuckey, but he's a lot better player than he's been the last two nights.

Not much of anything to take away from this game. McGrady scored some and dished some, but the turnovers were killers and eventually, they bit the Pistons in the behind, before the game got completely out of hand.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Uhhh yeeeaaah, T-Mac was dishing the ball like Magic Johnson tonight, he had about 12 asts, if you count the number of passes that he threw to the Lakers that lead to buckets.

Starting to grow thin on Ben Gordon and it has nothing to do with whether or not he makes shots.

I knew CV was going to be missing in action tonight against the likes of Bynum, Gasol and Odom.

Austin Daye............ I hope he continues to get consistent minutes so we can see what we got with him, right know he's too weak, too SLOW, too confused and mentally fragile.

Good game from Greg Monroe tonight, but he has got to get better.

All of our young guys look like they'll be lucky to see a second contract above the MLE.

Darn shame we have almost $25Million being paid out to the SG position and neither one of them are playing worth a darn.
  18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

As Ernie wrote in the Jazz game-thread, it's funny to listen to the road team announcers jabbing at the Pistons. This time it was The Joggernaught who got it when they where adressing his ability to run a offense. Even before he had played a minute they were going on with stuff like "Oboy, TMAC is really an upgrade over Stuckey, he sure isn't a true PG but atleast he can pass the ball".

I hope Q stays with this rotation when Stuck is healthy and gives TMAC and him about 24 mins each at the point. Not so much because of the PG play but because it frees up minutes for Daye at the 3.
  19. Mossberg

Mossberg Bench Warmer 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I love it when the road announcers give perspective on the Pistons flaws. I actually LOL since I see I'm not the only one who notices the same crap they point out.
  20. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I thought I caught a glimpse of ETSA's main man Tom Gores sitting in the expensive seats at Staples last night. I'm sure that any offer to buy the team that he might have on the table was lowered 15% after watching the 2nd half effort by the Pistons.