1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At LA Lakers Nov. 14th, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Do you mean the team or the members of the forum.... sometimes you'd think this is the anti piston forum lol :frusty:

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think he will play alot with Dyess (if he comes back). Although, i have a feeling KB will lose the starting job in about 2 games and Amir will get it back. Sheed's production really has skyrocketed, but then again Kwame only played 9 min against GS; we were small and he was doing all the heavy lifting so who knows what it really is.
    Rip looks like he is really trying to fit in. He hasn't been forcing shots, and he's been playing within himself these past two games. He does look unhappy, but the effort is there. It seems like Sheed/AI/Tay have really bonded and developed a strong pick and roll game; Rip's probably just feeling a little lost and left out. He's the one who's had to adjust the most with this trade.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

That floating layup to beat the buzzer was one of those twice or thrice a season special plays that the hometeam makes.

I think we were all astonished in chat to see that shot go.

If I may indulge my inner Bill Walton,

"A shot of that magnitude that is the embodiment of the strength and beauty of man, like Michaelangelo's David. Only an artist or man of the basketball renaissance can make a shot like that, and be an expression of his soul in a moment of galactic synchronicity."

4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That shot was definitely all about galactic synchronicity...LOL.

Seriously, it was one of the best shots I've ever seen. For those who didn't catch it, AI beat the buzzer at the end of the first quarter by going full speed from halfcourt with a couple of seconds left, and then pulling up in the lane for a floater from about 8 feet just before the buzzer went off. Hitting that floater from almost a dead run pretty much never goes in when guys have to try it to beat the buzzer.

5. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

If you look up "Basketball IQ" in the dictionary there's no definition, just a picture of AI launching that shot.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You're calling Tay a definite top 10 NBA player and we're getting ahead of ourselves?

For Amir we shouldn't focus on a game to game basis. If you watched BOS last year there were long stretches where Powe or Glen Davis wouldn't play followed by stretches where they would. As long a it's not pre-determined....

Despite the minutes played the Pistons are able to function with multiple people on the floor which is key to me. AI could go 48 per. Sheed will go down if/when Dyess (and I hope someone else) comes aboard.

DET is so much better relying on AI to score rather than The Grieving Richard Hamilton. They're not held hostage by The Griever when he's option 2-4ish.

7. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm shocked. Three days ago I was shocked - I knew conditions but still couldn't image how bad Pistons looked vs Sac and GS. Totally out of sync. Anti-Michelangelo. When coach says that he treats a game (partially) as a practice, then it's clear how desperate situation is.

When I predicted that Lakers game will be -18 to Pistons , then I thought I'm gentle to Pistons ( I'm Pistons fan, after all LOL). There was absolutely, I mean as absolutely as "absolutely" can be impossible to presume that MC is able to put some things together with one night.

As I told, I'm shocked now. What happened in Staples Center can be considered as a miracle what makes Jesus envy.LOL.

Maybe Lakers took Pistons lightly - they had every reason to do so (I think, they did) but man, first time during this season I and many, many witnessed how Kobe, Gasol and Bynum were not able to execute as they were used to!

Consider this: Pistons has so many it's own problems waiting for solution and yet MC and his team was able to prepare disruptive schemes. Keep that in mind that Lakers was unbeated, it means that traps, installed by other coaches, did not work. Yet, somehow in spite of other burdens, MC's visions worked.

I know, many said that THIS trade sucks and they posted lenghtly how Pistons was better with Bup Bup and how Bup Bup was better player (for Pistons).

Plz, do not desperately try to justify your premature assessment (especially when AI had not played a game in Pistons uni), it makes everything only worse for you. Better admit that you were mistaken and move on.

And finally - glad to see chat really crowded!

8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

:)

It's always good to see a full chat, especially for those of us on the east coast staying up late on a work or school night to participate.

AI has definitely brought the focus back onto the Pistons. I think brofmfa said that with AI on the team, they added 4 Pistons games to the Taiwan TV schedule.

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

comeback line of the year!!!

BTW, Kwame...tastes pretty damn good!:cop:

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Remember the Phoenix game when Ben was here a few years back and we beat them by like 30? Flip was an idiot!!!!

11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I told my Mrs last night that Joe wanted a playr who could put up 20 pts in any quarter and light up the Pace Crowd. last player we had to do that?

LOl...and I was calling him ZEKE all night!

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

exactly what i said in the ROTATION thread. If Arnie can get Brown in the gym and imporove his upper body strength (SeeGARRRRR) next year, we may have a consistent 10 pt, 8 reb guy....

13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

TOP 10 PLAYERS IN NBA: No particular order

1. JAMES
    2. BRYANT
    3. PAUL
    4. IVERSON
    5. HOWARD
    6. WADE
    7. GARNETT
    8. DUNCAN
    9. JOE JOHNSON
    10. STOUDAMIRE

....i dont think 'easily' a top 10 player is quite accurate....

14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

15. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

Given the glut we have at guard, I'd say this is a viable option. An even better option is sending him to the bench and playing him with the second unit to give them a scoring option. Can his ego take it? Even if RIP does stay with the first team, he's good enough to adjust his game. It's a matter if he wants to or not.

16. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Awe, C'mon Nemo!

Fewer points in the paint? - Pistons getting Jumpers off of inside-out dribble penetration.

Loads of Jumpers? - Good jumpers taken against a team with 2 7 footers in the inside-out flow of the offense rather than the stagnant 20+ foot pick and pop BS that we've seen over the last 3 seasons.

Starters minutes? - MC has proven that he's willing to go deep in the lineup and try different combos. He NEEDED to play his starters last night to build some cohesiveness and confidence against a previously undefeated team. This was a BIG game that warranted big minutes from the starting five. I'm glad he did!

Amir GLUED to the bench? - Amir has gotten a chance this year and will continue to get a chance. You honestly think FLIP would have tried starting him without Joe putting a gat to his head? I like that MC is open to trying different things. He's mos-def gonna KNOW what he has come playoff time.

So far (and yeah, it IS early), I see a coach that has the RESPECT of his players. His guys are actually buying in to what he says. He's has shown more CREATIVITY in 9 games than Flip had shown in 3 years. IMO we will be better prepared for the playoffs this year.

To insinuate that MC is just doing the same old thing that "Twitch" did is a feeble attempt deflecting the valid criticism that our former coach so richly deserved.
    Heck, MC's ability to call a freaking TIME-OUT at the appropriate time is enough differentiate himself from Flip.

17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

It's th 'Hood theory....

when i was growing up in Moville, there were always guys who played GRRReat on the neighborhood court with 'familiar' guys, but the minute u go to the East side, Palmer Park or belle Isle, they clam up like Mr Krabs at a penny convention! Amir is good in a practice, but looks scared on th court!

At least Kwame only looks 'stupid' on the court..........

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

and if we do 'drop' the game on sunday, who cares? We are NOt going 80-2!!

19. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I love the Forums infatuation with BENCH scrubs:

Zebraca
    Delfino
    Meijo
    Acker
    Milicic
    Samb
    Acker
    now Amir

if these were as good as WE want them to be , they'd be in the nBA today!
    Yes, that WAS a mack at Mililililcicic! LOL

20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Nice spongebob reference old skool

The thing I love about Coach Curry:

I wake up late last night. Turn on the game. Its the start of the second quarter...

to hear Coach Curry talk, I think we are down big.

WE ARE UP DOUBLE DIGITS.

I like that in a coach. He doesn't give a g'darn about the score.

He only cares if we are PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY.

I am starting to see the possibility of a championship in the horizon.

It scares me, 'cause I am trying to keep the emotions in check...but it definitely seems more possible than it has in the last few years with a solid guy steering the ship this year.