At LA Lakers Nov. 14th, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I already thought about that today. I'm almost used to see the Pistons play with this much pace now. It would be weird to see them walk it up and use up 18 seconds on the shot clock working through screens and set plays.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Wow, what an awesome win. This was their best game so far with AI, and by a million miles. Sheed, Tay, and AI were just unstoppable for most of the night, and the defense was outstanding. The Lakers got a lot of second chance points in the first half, but aside from that, they weren't able to get anything going all night.

The Pistons hit a lot of hero shots that might not go in on most nights, i..e guys taking jabsteps and then draining 20 foot fallaway Js. But with the D they were playing, they still would have won this game even without some of those tough shots going in.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Awesome victory. I was bummed out today because PFers were not giving the home team a chance.

Big mistake. I told you guys, AI is going to make us a dangerous team. We're not playing not to lose anymore, we're trying to cram the ball down the opponent's throat. We're laying it all out and playing with maximum force. When we're on, we'll be nearly unstoppable. The trick is to stay healthy, and stay turned on.
  4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Wow the waffling has begun, jk. I'm glad you have come on board in terms of feeling that this is a positive trade. Welcome aboard.
  5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

They were much more turned on tonight than they were in the last few games. I didn't think they could turn it around that quickly, since they had really long stretches of crappy play in every other recent game, but they put it all together for the entire game tonight.
  6. explosivity

OMG, you have me laughing my ass off!!!!!!
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Great game. A bit unexpected, especially after struggling with Sacramento and Golden State and playing huge minutes last night and tonight again. Sheed needs to play like this more often. And all this with Rip being off. He's surely taking his time getting acclimated after the trade. Once he gets all the problems wrinkled out - look out.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I told you, They give me a reason to be optimistic and i will be. I comment on what i see.

When Rip stops struggling, i'm curious to see what this team looks like. And props to Curry; not only are his game plans and adjustments for the most part been fantastic, but his relationship w/ Sheed is his biggest asset. We go small all the time, and Sheed could care less. Also AA's impact cannot be stated enough.
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Who?

That was great all around. Kwame had Gasol squared up the play before drawing a charge at the end of the third. It was hard not to laugh when the LA fans(?) were booing him so heartily at the start. You'd have thought he'd outlawed Botox.

AI was still a little shaky on his man, but he did a nice job on D.

I love the mid-range stuff they're finding for Sheed on the move. Speaking of Sheed, for someone who is not a great rebounder he sure can pull down some boards in heavy traffic. If I was stranded on a deserted island one of the things on my wish list would be to watch him play 1 on 1 D.

DET picked up where they left off in the 4th last night and were really working well together. I like seeing the "Big 3" style #'s AI, Sheed & Prince have put up lately.

I couldn't even tell Kobe was playing half the time. He did do a nice job of stat stuffing when it was over though.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well shut my mouth...I would have never believe the team that got embarrassed by the Celtics just six days ago would come out and spank the lakers on their home court. When I first tuned in, the Pistons were up 47-38, and that shocked me. But lord and behold they held on!!!! and won the sucker...despite the never give up scrappy sasha lakers...

They did it without Chancey and Rip...who had a quiet 12 poita

Even kwame showed up to quiet the lakers fans who had run him out of town. 10pts, 10 brds, 3 dimes and a block...he must have read this mornings' kwame sucks thread. Let's see what he does vs Shaq on Sunday. If he is successful, and this carries on, then somebody at the palace is a genius:smoke06:

In the meaningless stats area, the Lakers got 50 points in the paints to the Pistons 28, but this is one night where it did not make that much of a difference as the nets were kind to the Pistons jump shots.

Now that they have done what seem the impossible, don't come out Sunday and lay an egg
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Ouch. I think the best thing about the shots tonight were that we were finally playing inside-out. The dribble penetration was fantastic and everybody was attempting to get into the paint.

It helped the Phil Jackson has something against Bynum.

Me too. I feel like Curry read the improvement thread LOL
  12. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

EXCELLENT GAME! I was wondering how the Ai v Kobe matchup would do in the media.

Defense did what it's done to Kobe the last few years, wouldn't let him into a rhythm.
    I love the pace! ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK! You know, it seems that is when the Pistons were always at their best anyway.
  13. explosivity

Sometimes you cannot comment on what you see. Like anything else in life you have to look at the big picture. Things are not so cut and dry all the time. Deeeeeetrooooooiit Baaaaassssketbaaaaaal.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's not just what that. Past experience would indicate that AI could not mesh. If he keeps playing like this, he'll make me a believer. We always did own the West though. I want to see us against BOS/CLE.
  15. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Not really ever having had a vested interest in watching AI play for long periods of time before I have to say that he is pretty %%%%ing amazing when he does his thing. I can't really think of anyone else in the league who has a game remotely like his.
  16. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I have one name: Zeke.

Other than that, nobody.
  17. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Major win. We can still compete at the top level. Sheed was animated and having a banger (Kwame Brown) next to him got him going even more. If we are to compete at the top, we will need a banger down low to go with Sheed.

Major development: Afflalo hit some key shots. Yes, I have followed his defensive progress. But to now, he has not hit jump shots at important times in the flow of the game when set up from the offense. Tonight he hit two. If he can continue to do that, then his defense is a real asset in the plus/ minus department.

Iverson is that good. He actually has talent around him.

Tay is an all star. Joe knew what he was doing keeping him.

Curry is a fearless coach. No Amir didn't play. He is playing players that are producing. The Pistons won a major game--that is what counts. Amir will get his chances again...
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Curry put it best - Curry can play the 4 because Kwame is playing the 5. That means Sheed's playing to his strengths.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Kwame Brown did pretty darn good. A double double, 10 each points and rebounds. And very good defense on LA's bigs. We gave LA their first loss of the season, and we became the first team to score 100 points against LA this season.

The Pistons are now 7-2. Afflalo played his high minutes of the season in this one. He did a darn good job guarding Kobe. Kobe did light him up for a couple of threes late, after we were already up 20 with 5 to go. Meaningless points at that point, even though LA refused to call it quits and scrapped to the end. I still will put this one down as a blowout win for us.

Sheed had a great game, a strong double double, played great D. Yes, he knocked down 4 3's among his 25 points, but he also scored near the basket enough.

JMAX looked good in short mintues. Amir did not play. Note, this is a trend now. Two games he did not start, and now 3 straight halves without Amir. Now, whether Amir plays or not has not as yet affected whether we win games, but developing Amir is very important. Since this was a back to back set, no real harm done. But it will not be good if Amir continues to sit.

Stuckey is back. We got to watch two fairly spectacular drives for scores from him. He missed a couple of easy type baskets - maybe rest from sitting the last several days.

Our starters minutes were a bit on the high side, but nothing too out of whack there. Yes, between the two games of the back to back, it was too many minutes. Tonight, we basically used an 8 man rotation. Herrmann did play 4 minutes, did ok on defense, but basically had no stats. (An offensive rebound was negated by the ball immediately getting stripped from him.)

Tay had yet another excellent game. 18 points, some bounds and led us in assists. And he helped D up Kobe, no easy task.

Rip had a so so game. A bit of offense, but some turns with that. Careless ball handling - mostly bad passes. He was the primary defender on Kobe though - you got to give him some credit for that.

AI tied for game high in points with 25, and of course, kept the ball going inside. Four steals too. (I believe he actually created all 4 of them, its not like someone else knocked the ball loose and he just happened to pick the ball up.)

Kwame drove in from the foul line, and looked quite good doing it, just going thru the defense at the basket. That takes strength and size, along with good ball handling ability with some quicks. Impressive. We saw him do this a couple of times in a game several games ago. He should also be a good fit in the Phoenix game as Shaq will need a big center, like Kwame, to guard him. I still remain skeptical about the switch to Kwame for the starting unit, but Kwame did show a lot of promise tonight. (But he has for stretches in his career showed that same promise.)

Bynum did not play. Acker dressed but did not play. Sharpe did not dress.

Great win. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  20. explosivity

First of all what past experiece are you refering to and we've only played one game vs those two teams. That game was only the 2nd game after the acquisition of A.I. so you really cant judge that. Look at the big picture, I cant stress it enough really.