At LA Clippers March 1st, 10:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 29, 2008.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

And clearly he needs it! :sssh:

:pound:

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i loved when max elbowed kaman in the chest to gain position for a rebound after a pistons free throw. we're bullying people.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When I moved to LA in 1980, I was 26 years old and single. I went out almost every weekend looking for my future wife. :inlove:

While out I ran into college and high school friends and aquaintances from Cass Tech, Cooley and Mumford Hi-Schools, EMU, U/M and MSU that I knew back in the day from the school and hangin out the Detroit disco clubs of late 70's.

They were everywhere....There is an annual Detroit Picnic in West LA that over 300-400 former Detroiters attend and when the Bad Boys won the back-to back in 89-90 and the Wolverines won the tourney, Piston and Woverine gear and garb were everywhere...so we were able to ID each other. Even though the rivalry is there for the Pistons and Lakers, Pistons fans show up en masse for Clippers games because there are more tickets available, they are cheaper and usually it is a WIN:)

Last night the DJ at Staples was trying to rev up the crowd before the game and he asked for the Clipper fans to cheer and they gave a weak- blah ok we are here cheer. But when he asked if there were any Pistons fans in the house, the cheer was much larger than that of the Clipper faithful. Believe me it has been like that every year especially since 2004 with Sheeds # 36 being the most popular jersey being worn. Last night there were a lot of Billups, Prince, Rip, Zeke jerseys about too and one Aaron Afflalo one. I went to Pistons game in Orlando and Dallas last year and there were a lot of Piston garb there too and plenty of cheers.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I watched part of the replay when I got home last night and me and my wife show up in everyframe where there was free throw shooting for the Clips in the first half and Pistons in the second half. If I had known before hand I would worn my PistonsForum t-shirt and stood up each time. I wore my Sheed Jersey so even though I was able to point me and the wife out to my two sons later, no one else may noticed it was us since we blended in with all of the other Piston gear clad fans:)

5. max

max All-Star

Thanks. So there are a lot of former Michiganders in LA who moved there? That would explain it.

Overall, I believe there are a lot more Piston fans out there than the media gives us credit for.

6. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

CASS TECH
    EMU
    and DISCO......:djparty:THATS WHY 'U MY BOOOYYYYYY!!!:djparty:

7. linwood

linwood All-Star

Lots of Pistons fans in Seattle too.

8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Wish that I'm not the only Pistonsnut down here, but I doubt.

9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

hahahaha... sent to NBADL??? That's hilarious :pound::pound:

How many users have been banned from this site before?

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know what you mean. When I spent a few months in China with my wife back in 2006, practically nobody had even heard of the Pistons. Bunch of T-Mac and Yao lovers...:gun1: LOL