At LA Clippers Jan. 4th, 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Dec 28, 2008.

1. linwood

linwood All-Star

Wish I would have seen this game. I will catch the Denver game for sure. Hopefully I get to see the Pistons OUTWORK the Nuggets!

:thumb:
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They said that McDyess dislocated his pinky in the first quarter? That must have been on the play where he didn't get back on D and told MC to call the timeout.

Also, I didn't realize that he had 12 boards in the 4th quarter alone. That's spectacular. On a 48 rebound/game pace there? Wow.

Regarding Amir's fouls, I'm beginning to think that the games are just called tighter at the start than mid-game. There were a bunch of plays in the 2nd half where I think they would have blown the whistle on him had it been the 1st quarter.

I don't think Curry should really manage Amir's minutes though. Just let him play until he fouls out. No big deal. He'll adjust when he gets sick of fouling out. This way we'd get maximum minutes out of him. And it's not like we absolutely need him in crunch time with vets like Sheed and Dyess on the team.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also, the Clippers haven't beaten the Pistons since Cliff Robinson missed a potential game winning shot in 2002? That's a while.

Looked up the info in response to MC's comments about Amir's effect in the 2nd half, where he got 19 consecutive minutes on the court.

The Clippers shot:
    Q1- 50%
    Q2- 56%
    Q3- 25%
    Q4- 31%

So, first half, 53%
    second half, 28%

In the 2nd half, we also outrebounded them by 6 and won the turnover battle.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This might have been a statement game for us, not to send a message to the other team, but as a message to ourselves.
    • Not 1 single Piston played a bad game today (save Herrmann- right Lee),
    • Not 1 single Piston dogged it today
    • Every player showed what they were capable of
    • They did not take the Clips for granted, this was a trap game if there ever was one - Long flight, early start, 3 hour time difference, we're injured, they're REALLY injured, etc etc
    • It was obvious that this was going to be a grind out win and the team responded to the challenge.
    I know there are alot of folks who wish we would blow these bottom feeders out of the water, but that may be counter productive. We have 3 young players who need to learn how to win in this league (something young players - no matter how much talent they have - don't know how to do.) these tight games down the stretch are very valuable to the development of Stuckey, AA & AJ, as well as the implementation of AI. By having to play short handed, close games down the stretch we've essentially created pressure situations for our team and as a result we're seeing that Stuckey, AA, and AJ are not afraid of the situation and embrace it. These close games that we are winning now are going to play major dividends in the playoffs.

Also another game without a Tech, no crying and whining to the refs either. I really hope Rip and Rasheed are watching learning, to be at our best we really need some mature leadership from those two.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep Dyess did leave the floor and go to the locker room right after that play and I wasn't sure what was wrong with him and if he was coming back. He returned with an ice pack on his hand, and I thought maybe he was done for the night. Glad he was able to get back in there as we needed every one of those 15 boards.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep I was at that game and that was the last time I have seen the Pistons lose in person.

In fact that is 12 straight Pistons victories over the Clips. So just like we are the Jazz's beotch, :censored: the Clippers are ours...:sorry:
  7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We don't know when Rip will be able to come back. So you suggest we just lose in the playoffs for Tay being leg dead? We need suggestions for right now, to somehow get Tay off his feet. Cause if those legs go dead enough, they will not recover this season.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not sure if Sharpe is the answer, but anything is better than we got at the moment. I though this game we could have played Max at SF. Usually that probably won't work, but i think we can get away with it occassionally
    Dyess is very good at defending most post players, but his help D and rotation is by far the worst on the team next to maybe KB. He should not under any circumstances be the sole big in a small ball line-up. The only thing that worries me a little is Curry seems to resort to small ball in the clutch way too much. The last two games we've built a lead with 2 bigs in the game annd then promptly given it back when we went small. Sheed is out yes, but Kwame has actually been playing well enough to be out there much longer.

And if we are going to go small the only big that can anchor that is Sheed and even he has trouble. I'd much rather see Amir out there as the only big when Sheeds out or better yet 2 bigs.

Hopefully one of Sheed or Rip or both can go for next game. We desperately need some shooting. And Stuck can't play this many minutes. It's just asking for him to hit a wall. Although, i'm not sure how much they will go down when Rip gets back. With Bynum on the shelf we don't really have back-up PG. Maybe we should go get Arroyo back. semi j/k. And these close games are bad for my nerves, but great for practicing execution.

And on a total OT note; I'm really mad we didn't go hard after Posey
  9. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

Refs are humans. Maybe with players whining all game long, refs being fed up with players, would not have called the goal tending last 2 seconds. In other words, that would have been tech or two and a loss instead of a win.

I know that others would debate that this would have not been a close game if we had Sheed and Rip, but again, refs can make teams lose or win at game ends. I would prefer to have the refs by my side rather than the other side.

10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

The postgame show is up folks! Sorry for the delay...enjoy!

Get it Now
  11. illadelph dynamite

illadelph dynamite First Round Draft Pick

was anyone else surprised that the whole Clippers team bought the AI shot fake?
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

AI draws a lot of respect.
  13. illadelph dynamite

No doubt, but his MO isn't to shoot the long jumper especially not a catch and shoot.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Right, but you're assuming in the heat of the moment, every one responds like they memorized the scouting report.

That's why so many timeouts are called in the crunch. To slow down the game so the players can think, and plan their reactions.
  15. illadelph dynamite

True, good point.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That and to maximize advertising revenue.