At LA Clippers Jan. 4th, 3:30 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Dec 28, 2008.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is gonna be fun. If Baron is out, Stuckey may have another field day. AI is going to initiate the Rook (E.Gordon) with a "Who's your daddy" welcome to the league - NBA - Baptism. Tay and Amir are playing in front of friends and family in LA. Dying to see if AMir can put another great game together. It'll be fun watching Amir and Cmby go at it, I think Marcus is goingto school him though. I said it before - I'll say it again, The things we love Amir for, Camby does EVERYNIGHT!!!!!!! Watch and learn young Amir, Marcus has made alot of Money doing the things we want you be able to do.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree that Camby would be better right now, but he was born in Mar 1974. Amir was born in Apr 1987. We could potentially get 13 more years out of AJ.

Also, we're paying Amir half as much ($4M vs. $8M).

How many 34 year old big men can one team have and still win a ship?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Three.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

whewww...the streak is broken:gun1:
  6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Curry's offensive playbook must be a cocktail napkin.
  7. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Extremely close but the Sunday curse has now been broken.

Good rebounding night for Dyess and Tay had a couple of super awesome dunks this game.

AI didn't have the strongest shooting night this game but he does kick in when it counts. Now let's see what they do against Port, Utah, and Den this week and then we may all be able to rest easy knowing we have a bonafide title contending team.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

SUNDAY WIN BABY!

Great win, gutty, exciting, thrilling.

Bless you LA DRE!

See y'all in the podcast! Call in, and blow off some steam! WOOOOHOOOO!

PF.com PodShow
  9. boozy

boozy First Round Draft Pick

Amir wasn't as effective this game due to early foul trouble. His third fould was straight up BS as I watched him deliberatly back away from the dunk to avoid the foul. Good game from Eric Gordan. Was suprised Max was not put back in at the start of the fourth. Think it caused Stuckey to get in as much foul trouble as he was. Side note: Stuckey made a dumb decision with his fifth foul trying to stay in front of gordan as he moved along the perimeter. Don't know why it looks like we have the only argentinian in the league that cannot ball. My man crush on Herman is done. Hair only gets you so far. Tay needs to work on his Free Thows as I have noticed him missing alot lately. Also noticed how they did not put more time back on the clock after the goal tend at the end. Fine by me ;)
  10. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Mavs lost to Grizz
    Cavs lost to Wizz
    I guess the Gods shined down on us.
  11. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Good thing I had on my AI Pistons jersey. I believe that made the difference.

Speaking of AI, did Gordon torch him all night? (I didn't see the game)
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Lucky number 7. And no, it was not our 7th Sunday loss. We broke that jinx, and instead made it seven straight wins for us.

There were bad signs. Amir two quick fouls, then later a fantom foul call sat him out further. But he then played most of the 2nd half before picking up his fourth. Afflalo was under the weather, and yet he scored 10 and played his usual fine D.

But in the end, AI hit the game winner with 2.8 seconds left. He got in the lane, put up a floater that was goal tended, and we got the right call.

Stuckey was our scoring leader with 24, mostly on drives in though he hit a three also and some other outside shots. Sure, Camby blocked on of his shots, but Camby also let Stuckey score pretty easy at times. We should have been driving inside a lot earlier in this game. As it is though, we did enough.

Despite Camby getting 20 rebounds, we out rebounded the Clips considerably. Dyess pulled down 15, good job - and he made a couple of shots along with a pair of free throws when we needed them. Kwame pulled down 11, basically played just fine. Prince and Amir all did their share around the boards. JMAX played a good long stint in the first half due to the foul trouble on Amir, but did not play in the 2nd half. We did play normal size rotation most of the game, with a little bit of small ball toward the end of the 2nd half, and then the last 5 minutes of the game.

Tay scored 20 himself, including some clutch points. A couple of clutch free throws, slipping in for a dunk.

AI ended up shooting a low percentage, but he dished out 10 assists and got the winning bucket.

Herrmann played, to our detriment. Man, I hope they are giving Sharpe playing time down in the D-League to get him ready for a shot at real minutes. We truly need a backup small forward, and Herrmann ain't it.
    Rip and Sheed did not dress. Acker and Sharpe are in the D-League, maybe for a "showcasing" tournament that is going on.

The Clips zoned it up on us, and we had marginal luck shooting it out. Absolutely, guys like Sheed and Rip could have helped a lot there. But we still won. Despite maybe not the best game plan, we still won the game.

Eric Gordon looked pretty good for them. I doubt they will ever bury this rookie behind any vets again.

I see the Clips got over 40% shooting on us. Not bad of course, but lately the Pistons D has been spoiling us pretty good.

JMAX made one short jumper, and one shot from in front of the basket just up and over everyone. Now, he just got one bound, but again, we won the board war. As soon as JMAX does not get boards while we are being outboarded, I will worry about it. His defense, as usual was pretty darn good.

Amir got dunk on a layup from an alley oop pass, in a halfcourt set, from of all people, Tay. (Who usually manages to miss the fact Amir exists.) Amir also had one offensive rebound putback, and kept several other balls alive for us. We do seem to be snakebit though as far as anyone else making a shot after Amir gets the ball to them for our 2nd chance point try. (Comment directed at this game and last one.)

Afflalo got his on a near three, a couple of pullups from foul line extended right, and I believe a layup. (and he made a technical on a three second call). One of his pullups was on a fast bread - the kind you better make. But he made it.

Yeah. Ugly. Against one of the least lights of the league, one with lots of injuries. And even their emergency point guard, Fred Jones signed on a 10 day, got injured 3 minutes into the game.

But still, 1)Road game. 2)Seventh win in a row. 3)Two of our key guys are out. Good win.

GO PISTONS!!!!!
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

Didn't get to see the game...thanks for the cap Lee.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the thanks. Much appreciated. And if you have any questions over something I did not cover, feel free to ask.
  16. raxrets

raxrets Starter

still not satisfied . Clips had far more important injuries and they STILL were cellar team when healthy, yet Pistons were just lucky side of this match.
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Maybe the Oops to Amir are too easy. He can out jump superman. [both] That's why they avoid them.
    It's only going to get rougher at Portland etc. But we have no excuses except poor coaching. Because we are so deep.
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

This team needs a three point shooter. Hermann continues to miss and miss. AI, Afflalo, Maxiel together--need a three ball shooter to help on offense. Tay is suppose to fill that role but hasn't. I said back at the Utah game after that 2nd quarter, the Pistons would see more zone especially without Sheed on the court. The NBA has studied the film and that what the teams are playing to some success against the Pistons.

AI is not really a great shooter. Dyss seems to be hurt still.

Joe will not let this situation continue beyond the trade deadline. The three ball is an important part of an NBA offense. And Sheed can't be a part of every unit.
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I'm just happy to see Tay going to the paint and being aggressive.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You are welcome!:beer:I will take some of the credit. But also remember that the previous Sunday losses accompanied a Lions loss the same day... Lions didn't lose today, so Pistons win...

It was touch and go for awhile, but the Pistons faithful in my row held on despite the Clippers fans attempt to inspire the Clippers with a last second wave that coincidentally could have led to the Eric Gordon's and one with only 20 seconds left in the game.

Gordon put on a penetrating show, keeping the undermanned Clippers in the game with the undermanned Pistons. If he not been a rookie, he could have had more visits to the free throw line than he actually went.

It was definitely the battle of the guards with Stuckey and Gordon going toe for toe until Stuckey got in foul trouble and Curry switched Alf on him.

We were probably lucky as someone said to win this based on our previous Sunday setbacks, but we will take the ugly wins when the opportunities present themselves. All other favorites/eastern powers, Celtics, Cavs, and Magic all lost today on the road so the Pistons did break a couple of trends today.

Unfortunately I had to ride home with my long suffering Clipper fan son and had to explain to him that whenever, Zach, Baron, Kaman,Thorton, Gordon, Davis and Camby are all healthy, then the Clippers can start beating some teams...

At Staples it was another good Piston fan showing with at least 10% of the fans in their Piston garb/apparel and another 10% cheering for both teams until the the AI goal tend at the end and then all of the Pistons fans let out a cheer and a sigh of relief..

The two injured Pistons, Sheed and Rip were on the bench in street clothes, but it appears that Sheed watched the 4th qtr from the locker room, maybe so that he could avoid a tech from the bench in this very close game. :rolleyes:

I also noticed that before Tay got back in the game in the 4th qtr he was up on every play as if he were coaching from the sidelines giving direction to AMir and Stuckey...Let me go on record in saying that I expect him to be the Piston coach by 2020 if not before...:graduate:

7 in row now for both the Clippers and Pistons...fortunately for the team in blue it was 7 wins..... I tried to stick around to get some post game pics of the Pistons, but they eventually threw everyone out if you didn't have a pass so that they could get the Staples Center ready for the Laker-Trailblazer game tonight.