at LA Clippers Friday November 12 10:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

WE BEAT THE CLIPPERS!!!!!

:cheerleader:
  2. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

[SARCASM]no sacrcasm, dude: we really happy, we beat clippers[/SARCASM] :)
  3. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

Wasn't it just their all rookie team with some barely seasoned vets sprinkled in...:)
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

They got confused and still thought the Summer League was going on. I don't think I could have handled it if the Pistons lost. The Clippers are horrible, easily the worst team the Pistons have played so far.

The Clips announcers are known to be jokers. They're not going to bury you with TaS like stats. They called Bynum Stuckey for a 10 minute stretch.

That Griffin is something else. He jumps like a volleyball player. That dunk he had on the break where he made the slightest little move on Stuckey and did the reverse dunk, good lord! Then that 2 hander he had from about 15' out, jeez.

Max did a nice job on him, but for a kid like that to stand Maxey up a few times shows what a beast he'll grow into. They were lamenting on the pre-game show how he has to learn to not try and overpower everyone in the NBA. They then showed a clip of him trying to bullrush Dyess and Dyess had no part of it and knocked Griffin off his feet in the other direction.

For the first time since probably LB was here the Pistons were down 3 and went for the quick 2 instead of taking a 3 to tie the game. That was the game winner to me.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Did you see Tom Gores at the game? He was there with Donald Sterling. :nopompom:

Tom Gores attends Pistons game, says he's still interested in owning team | detnews.com | The Detroit News
  6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm with you on this one, Brap. The sooner Rip and Tay are moved, the better. Tay looked liked he was trying to impress his hometown fans. The one-on-one isolation basketball is just horrible to watch, especially since the guys that they isolate (Tay, Rip, CV) are not very good at beating people one-on-one.
  7. BillLaimbeer

Ernie, your crush on this man is kind of scary....
  8. Brap

Brap Starter

The thing with Griffin is, just like you said, he tries to overpower everyone. When he adds some finesse to his game, and when he figures out that he's twice as fast as most any PF playing the position, he'll start running circles around him.

He has a lot to learn, but I'd bet on this kid learning it. He seems to have a very high motor - and his athleticism is off the charts and his BB ability seems like it could get there as well. Special talent.
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree that Tay was either trying to impress the family or an old girlfriend or maybe even the Clippers brass in case he gets traded there.....(please make it happen.)

I had to continually yell out to him to look for his team mates and pass the ball and not nary a time did he listen to me.... remember that play late in the game where someone stole the ball at midcourt and it was passed back to Tay and we had a 3 on 1 and Tay decided to run right over the lone defender to the hoop?? yeah he got the veteran call and went to the FT line, but he could easily passed that one for a nice lay in.

The problem is you could tell that both Tay and Rip were visibly tired after hanging at Venice Beach on Thursday and Q would not pull or sub them to save his life.

We won the game because it was the Clippers who looked tired in the OT as they could not hit a jumper after pounding us in the paint during regulation to the tune of 54-32. Rasual Butler missed 3 wide open three point attempts in the OT and I cringed every time he let it go as the crowd moaned every time it bounced out. Their 21 turnovers didn't help their cause either thanks to Rip's 5 steals.

Still IMO, Gordon needs to be getting those 32 starters mins and Rip coming off the bench giving us 20-22. And for darn sure we need Gordon getting more minutes than Bynum...I mean we are paying him more.

Gordon in 20 mins 3-5 shooting, 8 pts and 3 assists
    Bynum 22 mins 2-8 shooting 4 pts 2 assists
  10. LA Dre

I have been listening to Ralph Lawler doing Clipper games ever since they moved up here from San Diego some 20 years ago... He knows what's going on. He has had a handful of color commentary guys during this period and the way the Clips have played during this period they basically do the broadcasting for laughs and entertaiment...afterall this is Hollywood. :)..
  11. BillLaimbeer

Like you mentioned, Dre, many breakdowns by the Pistons defense down the stretch led to wide-open threes. Detroit was very fortunate to win this game. It could have been much easier if the team moved the ball around and played unselfishly on the offensive end.

The biggest positive for me in this game was Maxiel. I'm not a big JMax fan, but he was very solid. His free throw shooting was clutch. He bodied up Griffin a little bit, which is better than anyone else on the team could do with him. Griffin made Ben Wallace look like a very old man whenever they were matched up.
  12. LA Dre

Max is one of my FaceBook friends and when he was down out there were no posts from him or his friends since 11/7, but I told him he had a great game last night and he got a lot of complements from others who posted on his page. Hopefully his knee is doing better and this encouragement will get him on the right track and give Big Ben a breather.
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

It was kind of sad watching Ben go against Griffin. He looked 1000 years old. Griffin made 2 or 3 plays you just don't see that often.
  14. Ernie the Slow Adult

You're hating again pizza lover!!!
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Can we end this myth that Hamilton/Prince are still are two best players? They clearly aren't. They might be our most selfish players though.
  16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Oh yeah
    ----------------------
    I wish you guys would back off Rip and Tay for a 5 game strech then reevaluate. They're not as consistant as they used to be, aw never mind.
  17. LA Dre

We know it, somebody just has to tell Q and Joe and then get Rip and Tay to admit it themselves. :sssh:
  18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Ben Wallace was the undisputed +/- leader on the Pistons last year. So far this year, he is dead last. And last year he started out very strong and faded toward the end.

Maybe should start considering coming off the bench.

Also, he's shooting .286 from the FT line so far this year. He could set the all time low mark in NBA history (probably beating a previous record that he set).
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

A win is a win. Blake is one athletic basketball playing freak of nature. Charlie had his best game as a Piston on both ends. Max is our best interior defender, that's not a good thing. My kingdom for a Point Guard that canrun an offense. If I didn't know any better I would swear Ben Gordon is trying to protect his FG% by NOT shooting the ball. Rip and Tay ............. no more needs to be said, except, neither are good enough to start anywhere anymore.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

They both hit difficult shots in crunch time to tie the game last night to send it to overtime.

Either of these guys would be a starter on about half the teams in the league. Ben Gordon and Charlie V probably would as well.

It's our redundancies that are killing us, not LOFT.