at Indiana Pacers Wednesday March 30 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Gordon needs to be featured to be effective. The Bulls used him to the max of his potential and that was by surrounding him with defenders to cover him while he was out there and let him get his. Only 1 problem with that...they still topped out and didnt win crap. BG needs to take this offseason and figure out if he wants to be remembered as a scorer that couldnt win? or a scorer that changed his game to adapt to his team so they could win. I would rather be done with him than to have our team cater to a sixth man that has 1 trick in his bag and thats scoring. and that trick may be in a bag that he left on the road in a hotel if we judge him by the #s. We have good enough young players to get rid of BG for whatever waterboy we can get for him. Charlie is a horrible defender as well, but at least he can score and score in bunches off the bench.
  2. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Yeah, but Iverson was/is pretty bad. How is it that just two years after leaving Detroit, Iverson finds himself playing in Turkey? No NBA team wanted him.

As for the second point, I think you have to win and win a lot to be considered the greatest ever. If Isiah was 6'6", would he be the greatest ever? I think so. I'd certainly take Isiah over Iverson.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I caught this later, got distracted and did not re post be fore CJ caught it
    ...actually AI was already gone the prior season...so it was Bynum he was sharing the bench minutes with that latter part of last season...

Still this year, he started off looking like his pre-Piston days, averaging 20.2 ppg on 14.5 spg and 32 min a game thru the Pistons first six games....but then, Kuester cut his mins down below 22, he only shot an average of 7 per game and he pretty much reverted back to the end of last season.

Not trying take up for BenGo here, but he and Kuester never seem to be on the same page and with him and Rip playing out there, he just is not same FA that Joe got in the summer of 09.. Either BG, Rip or Kuester have to go and we can take a poll to find out who will win or lose this poll of public opinion...
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

And if Hakeem could pass, shoot and dribble like Nash he would have been pretty awesome too.
  5. copper

copper Bench Warmer

If were taking a poll the only 1 I keep is rip unless we can get something for him, at least he can score and he plays defense. BG cant play defense, and Clueless is living up to his name he is the anti zen of coaching. He has done nothing but infuriate or alienate each and every player.
  6. LA Dre

And most importantly every Piston fan:yellowprison:
  7. copper

copper Bench Warmer

very true...:gun1:
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That about sums it up. His problems in this area might be correlated to his problems breaking out of the assistant coaching ranks until this gig. It takes a little political maneuvering and finesse to get a top coaching job just as it does to get a dozen millionaires to play basketball exactly how you want them to play.
  9. LA Dre

Flip was able to fli-nagle another head coaching gig because his Twolves and Pistons teams at least got to the conference finals multiple times before losing in game six.

This should be Kuester's last "NBA head" coaching job...he may be able to get a D league or Hillsdale collegiate job because he lasted two years here, but I don't think any NBA GM would hire him to [STRIKE]ruin[/STRIKE] run their team.

Kuester is still having a difficult time trying to match last seasons 27 victory total...:gaah:
  10. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

My thought is that part of the problem is BG not making himself available to shoot. I have seen him pass up more wide open jumpshots then the contested ones he has taken.

I can understand some players not understanding their roles but with BG; if you can't rebound; can't make the difficult pass for an assist and can't play defense; you sure as heck better do the one thing you can do which is shoot when open.

It would also help if you moved a little to get open. The only thing keeping BG from scoring is BG. I don't see anyone freezing him out. If he is open; he gets the rock.
  11. copper

copper Bench Warmer

yup yup:MusicBigGrin: