at Indiana Pacers Wednesday March 30 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's been so long since they played, I thought the Piston season was over already

No George or Greg...I have to listen to Wolverine and Piston hater Quinn Buckner..uhh

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

someone remind me who was it that thinks BG is the better than rip and stuckey? Hell, he isnt even better than Bynum. The whole team was playing like they are already on vacation. I wanna see summers, daye, monroe , and terrico for the rest of the season.

5. LA Dre

They only played two quarters tonight...the first and fourth. They looked decent in the first and ended the qtr with a 5 pt lead going inside with no real defense provided by Hibbert.

As soon as the second qtr started, it looked like Jeff Foster and Josh McRoberts got every miss as a out back and just like that, the Pacers turned a five point deficit into a 15 pt lead.

To make matters worse, I think Indiana scored the first 8 pts of the 3rd qtr so that the Pistons starters and the bench both took the wrath of the Pacers. They tried to make a comeback in the 4th led by Stuckey, but as usual to late to make a game of it.

I was hoping that they could be the spoiler here, so that the Bobcats could get in that final spot, but they taynked in those 2 middle quarters big time.

6. LA Dre

Both BG and CV are mailing it in and Rip and Tay are [STRIKE]playing[/STRIKE] shooting as if they want to make sure that their stock is up for a summer trade/FA pick up if someone takes them....

7. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

CV at least has a back thing going on. BenGo has no excuses.

The team has struck boring again.

Anyway, how is it that Indiana isn't so much better?

8. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Can we get anything for BG this summer. He is awful.

That pull up three pointer of his just makes me scream.

9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Copper,

Don't forget that this team as currently constructed made Allen Iverson look bad.

Allen Iverson should be a lock for the Hall of Fame.
    It is an arguable point that if Allen Iverson was 6'6" or taller that he would be considered the best player...EVER.

And the Pistons made him look like walking trash.

Bengo never stood a chance.

10. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I really wish you all would have the opportunity to face every single one of these players we criticize, live....and on the hardwood, to see how skilled they actually are.

Ben Gordon is not a slouch. He's a victim of circumstance. Sad but true.

11. Delfino Delivers

Maybe.

This team didn't make AI look bad. AI made AI look bad (or at least his diminished skills did) and that is why he isn't in the league this year.

12. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:MusicBigGrin:

Not a slouch, but barely a shadow of his former self.

I do remember the first few NBA games I saw live, and just sitting there stunned at how big certainly, but mostly how fast the players are. And how incredibly skilled even the scrubs were.

Unfortunately for BenGo he doesn't get to play against us but has to go up against bigger, stronger, and faster guys every night. I'd say the main circumstances he's up against are his utter inability to play defense, and his need to dominate the ball to score.

13. copper

copper Bench Warmer

When AI was here, he was walking trash...his performance had nothing to do with how the team was constructed. He is no longer in the league and from what I understand he cant even make a euro squad. He is a future hall of famer but by the time he got here his skillz were so diminished he was less than Bynum is now. Cuz at least Bynums ego doesnt prevent him from coming off the bench. The same cant be said for BG though because he should be in his prime still, He just looks disinterested and without concern. He is supposed to be a pro, and he certainly is getting paid like a pro so he should care...what if they only paid the winning team? I sure as hell bet ya he would be diving on the floor and playing defense like his man robbed him. And I can guarantee he would be scoring like charlie sheen in a whorehouse.
    The coach/team can be blamed for some things like bad rotations and rediculous substitutions, but they cant be blamed for missed shots, lack of hustle, and poor play. A coach and system can lose a game but they cant make a player look bad.

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Nice post...I'll agree here...:)

15. LA Dre

Funny that the last 3-4 game threads we never talk about the game itself but overall state of Piston decay.

Let me throw in my 3 cents on AI and BG...which I am sure will be dissected..

AI's fall from grace was punctuated by MCurry and Joe D. Curry did not know what to do with him when he got to Detroit since Joe had given the keys to Stuckey and we still had the Grieving Rip Hamilton to deal with. Yeah AI was getting old, but I still think if he had stayed in Denver one more year, he would have been productive in that system...not to say the team would have been better, but he would have got his numbers.

BG started off decent in his first 9 games as a Piston averaging 24.1 ppg and over 38 mpg and taking an average of 16.5 shots a game.( Rip got hurt in the first game, so BG started the next 14 ).

BG went out injured about 12/6 of that year and missed 3 weeks and was never the same after that...he came back right after Christmas, but then missed another three weeks due to injury and only got his minutes back up above 25 once AI left for the season to start hosting parties...

His last year with the Bulls he averaged 20.7 PPG with 36.6 MPG and took 16 shots a game. His role was defined to come off the bench and shoot..

In Detroit this season, he is not sure when he is starting, when he should shoot and has become just a passive player who is out there just because we need five players on the floor. I am certain that he like some others on the team are giving a half arse effort because they knew at the all star break they were going no where with the makeup of the team and the direction that Kuester was leading them.

16. Delfino Delivers

I agree here but we don't even see a hint of him being a real asset to the team? You would think he would break out every few games and show why we are paying him the big bucks. We never see it.

17. copper

copper Bench Warmer

exactly, the coaching staff has screwed numerous players with dnps and irrational rotations, the players themselves have determined their value by either folding like bg has or try hard when given the opportunity like bynum. and for what were paying them Ill take bynum 10/10

18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Gordon is certainly mailing it in. But we never used him effectively this year. The dude needs to touch the ball and shoot. Every game he's been in, we go through stretches where he doesn't touch the ball 4-5 posessions in a row, while getting Bynum 3pt shots from the corner or 18+ footer fadeaways for Maxiell.

I expected more from him, but he also is the type of player whose productivity greatly depends on how he's used.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

What back thing does CV got going on other then he's back to sucking? The thing is he never really left. How bout Foster's one armed rebound and score while CCG held him?

I do not think it is possible to come out on the short end of a trade if you are the team sending The Cancer Advocate away.

The only thing missing from BG's game is a Pigpen like stink-cloud following him around the court. Man do I bum out watching him play.

20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ben Gordon didn't play here until after AI left. It was AI's expiring contract that allowed us to sign Gordon.