at Indiana Pacers Wednesday February 23 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Awww. That hurt man.

:pound:
  2. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I can't talk about less than 10 seconds (not sure how many people ARE good in that situation), but Stuckey's not as terrible as I thought in the clutch. In fact, here, to me, is the biggest problem with the team in the clutch. Detroit averages 13.8 per 48 minutes of clutch time - for the whole team! Turrible. I think this is more of an issue of coaching than it is of bad players - how many times this season has the last play of the game come down to someone going 1-1 iso? Stuckey last night... Prince right before the All-Star break... I know Keuster probably gets more flack than he should, but a lack of a cohesive gameplan at the end of the game is all on him.
  3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

OK you know my answer>>>>Get rid of that clueless coach!!
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Almost all NBA teams go 1-1 iso or pick and roll down the stretch. Look at how many games we've lost down the stretch, in the last few minutes of a close game you need a stud to deliver, we look to Tayshaun, Bynum, Stuckey and an laboring T-Mac; and that's why we lose, you need guys who can make plays, few teams execute plays down the stretch.
  5. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Yep, I read an article recently where they compared the team efficiency in the last 24 seconds in one possession games or something like that and the teams with great pointguards dominated the top. NO lead by a mile. I'll post it here if I can find it again.

Edit: I think it was this one and another which had a list with the top teams where I got the part about pointguards dominating. I read so many articles I keep mixing them up. http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24990/chris-pauls-crunch-time-mind
  6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That doesn't make it right though. To me, going one on five in situations like that is stupid, yet seemingly every NBA team other than Boston does that. Why do they abandon running plays at the end of games? It makes little sense to me.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Boston does it too, Paul Pierce working an iso or off an elbow screen and if that play gets defended look for Ray in the corner/wing or KG for the 18'er. San Anton usually goes iso with Manu, Dallas runs a 2/4 pick and roll to get Dirk or Terry a shot. In the NBA teams are going to run plays and do much ball sharing, this is why the star studded teams win.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's because it makes sense to not let the other team have another possession (assuming you're tied). If you run a play, the defense knows that they don't need to respect a shot until the final few seconds, so it just increases the odds of a turnover if you pass it around and set picks that could be considered offensive fouls.

So, just let one guy hold it, send everybody else to the opposite side of the floor to draw the defenders away and accept that you're going to get off a shot attempt with about a .300 eFG%.