1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

at Indiana Pacers Wednesday February 23 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Granger takes it to the rack and finds a flying high Brendon Rush for the jam. We had 5 seconds left to do something and Stuckey decides to do his super collider thing and throws away the ball. Game over. Pacers win 102-101.

The starters all had good games led by Monroe.

Greg had 27/12 on 11/17 shooting. More importantly, hew was 5/7 from the line.
    Stuckey had 21 pts 3 rebs and 2 assists. He shot the ball well (8/14) and was 3/4 from range. But he had 6 TOs including the boneheaded play at the end of regulation
    TMac had 16 pts, 12 assists and 5 boards.
    Wallace had 6 points 10 boards.

Gordon had 12 off the bench on 5/10 shooting.

This was actually a good game. We get a good look at what this team looks like post Tay/Rip. And you know what? Me thinks it's actually not bad. Sprinkle a little bit of average coaching and we'd have won this game.

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't Daye hit the big shot last time we played them? Ice Man.

Great outing from Monroe.

TMac's shots were looking flat at the end (fatigue maybe).

I'm just going to enjoy the close loss... since it's about the best we can hope for lately.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Final Pacers 102- Pistons 101

Looks like Stuckey's pass may have bounced off Hansbrough, but they won't get that call. Cannot blame this loss on the coach, however Greg Kelser said he would have called a 20 second time out to see how the defense was going to be set, but nobody called it...Which begs the question..When will Greg Kelser move from the play by play booth to the Pistons assistant coach chair?

Great performances by Monroe 27-12, and TMac 16-12. Stuckey was great too with 21 pts, but also had 6 turnovers including the last one which could have been the game winning assist. As indicated a thousand times in these threads, we cannot rely on Stuckey to make the big shot or play in with less than 20 seconds in a game. Our lack of a real PG has lost us countless close games over the past three seasons.

The Pacers made two key buckets down the stretch....first the 3 pointer by Granger with less than three minutes when both Big Ben and TMac failed to grab the loose ball and it fell into Granger hands and then the last bucket by Rush who was able to get a dunk in traffic as he moved right through 3 Piston defenders. Meanwhile as Greg Kelser pointed out, we were rushing long range jumpers even with Monroe down there waiting to be fed a layup potential attempt.

Second game in a row the Pistons allow a forward off the bench to lead the opposing team in scoring with 21 pts. (Patrick Patterson led the Rockets in scoring last night with 21, but only score 2 vs the Cavs tonight).

Pistons heading back wards and are now 6.5 games behind the pacers, where as if they won these last two games they would be only 3.5 back .

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I will just comment on one thing. In the second half of the game, Kuester coached to win the game. If he had coached the 1st half like that - we win this one.

CV did not play in the 2nd half. JMAX did, and their wonder child who looked all world in the 1st half was just a normal guy who hated JMAX being in the game.

5. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This is a lineup that Lee has been clamoring for, a lineup with 2 guards and T-Mac at the SF position instead of Tay, and a rotation with Max in (or Summers) and CV out . Tayshaun Prince is a 14ppg scorer, T-Mac can do that in his sleep, which is why Tay needs to be released, that would also get Rip back into the rotation.

Start: Gordon, Rip, T-Mac, Monroe, Wallace
    2nd unit: Bynum, Stuckey, Daye, Weezy, Maxiel.

Need to send CV and one or both of Gordo and Rip packing. I

6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

**trembling as I type this** Q used one of your lineups and it worked, as usual, you-were-right..... i Think I'm gonna be sick now.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

LOL, Walter. First you think Daye should be starting....25 minutes later you think he sucks.

8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and I more thing about the game, Stuckey, Stuckey, Stuckey is as clueless as his coach. On that decisive defensive possession he loses his man (off the ball) and allowed him to cut to the basket for a dunk while he was spinning around in the middle of the key like a Jackson on the Victory Tour.

Then on offense, idiot drives right into traffic. He put his head down and drove his man right into the help defense, all the dummy had to do was take 1 hard dibble and pull up over that midget of a defender Collison. If Stuck would've been dribbling with his head up he would've seen that he had what he wanted, Collison was on his hip in the lane with no help all he had to do was rise and shoot a 12 footer in the lane over a much smaller defender.

As good as a game as Super Collider played tonight (and I mean he played a GREAT game) those last 2 plays proved that he's NEVER gonna be THE GUY.

9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Greg Monroe is the reason the Pistons need to secure another top draft choice. The Pistons were lucky to get Monroe while foolishly winning games the last two weeks of the season last year and dropping from potentially 3rd to 7th. I was clamoring to tank those games and feared that the season had been wasted. Good thing Monroe inexpicably dropped to the 7th pick.

Inside two years, Monroe will be the Piston franchise. Monroe needs another quality player to play along side him--this year's draft pick hopefully. The still inept Clippers are keeping pace right now for the 7th pick. The Pistons need a top five pick who can play with Monroe. Then, and only then, will I worry about the coach.

Monroe does not even have an offensive game yet. He has not had the time, obviously, to work on a pro-style game. And yet, he is already a potential problem for teams. His fluid movement for a big is hard for teams to contain.

Stuckey has shown mild improvement in his shot but still has not shown that he can make plays in the last two minutes.

TMac, while positive in many ways, has not shown his old ability to hit shots in the last few minutes either. Bynum, should not be playing late in the 4th as his game is to shoot the ball. Bynum is not a point guard--his tendency is to hold the ball and get his own shot. Gordon, disappointment or not, should be the go to guy but they rarely get him the ball late. But that is ok, the Pistons need to secure that draft pick.

Daye can hit the shot late--a good sign. But the rest of his game is really spotty. Maybe in another year he will be ok.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The problem is...neither Stuckey nor Bynum are good decision makers in this situation where there is less than 10 seconds. I am not sure if the play was to go to Monroe or not, but maybe TMac should have been the guy with the ball and the option to feed or shoot. Stucco was out of control as soon as he drove to the hoop.

11. max

max All-Star

Yea I could not believe that last play. Could not believe we let them score so easily on the play before that. In the old days with a coach actually calling defensive plays that dagger by Daye would have sealed it. But its not the old days anymore.

Greg Monroe was huge and who was that Maxiel guy? Forgot he was on the team.

12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

If Stuckey had taken that shot, people would complain. If he tried to pass off to his big who is dominating the game, he gets eaten alive. Stuckey can do nothing right.

And yes, Stuckey got caught ball watching and he gets the blame for that, but where were was the HELP behind him? The ENTIRE TEAM was napping, not just Stuckey.

Maybe if the rest of the team had played as well as Stuck (and Monroe) we wouldn't have needed a last second shot to win the game.

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

It's about time you finally came around to realize that...

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think you're saying it was a great effort by Stuckey? It just didn't work out? The plan is to blindly drive to the basket and hope that if you toss the ball out of bounds and look puzzled...you will get bailed out by a foul call? That's not a high percentage play.

15. BillLaimbeer

Why do you have to keep picking on the Super Collider like that? Do you want him to stop posting here?

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Are you suggesting an Appreciation Thread for him? Looking back, we probably should have done one for Wiggles.

17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

2Tough4You you may want to sit down for this one, but I didn't have a problem with Stuckey’s drive on the last play of the game. I think he may have lost control of the ball right before he tried to pass it which caused it to go out of bounds.

This was not one of Stuckey’s signature I am going to commit a charge even if they place statues, cardboard cutouts and cones on the court for defenders plays. He was slightly contact obsessed on the last play which is a tremendous improvement for him and his pass went out of bounds under the basket when they normally sail deep into the stands by the sidelines.

He was close to duplicating the play he made moments earlier when he fed T-Mac for a layup off his drive. I can't kill him for that. That was an NBA play/error he made.

I do agree with KGREG that his inability to shoot off the dribble is a severe detriment to his game as is his lack of 3pt shooting.

Walter, why would you expect Daye to play good post D? Gordon also started because T-Mac moved to the 3 in Tay's place.

The stink bomb laid by the bench in the first half along with Tay's injury and CCG's benching allowed Kuester to use something that looked like an actual rotation for the rest of the game. I think that helped everyone.

Hansbrough must have some strong ass hands. He was tearing the ball away from guys.

I actually enjoyed watching the Pistons play last night.

Anyone remember the big dinner between Gordon, Daye and CCG earlier in the year when they vowed "not to be part of the problem"? Here is a re-tweet from Chaz Garbage last night.

Pistons' Charlie Villanueva retweets message from Twitter follower that is critical of John Kuester | MLive.com

18. Walter

That's not my fault. The people in my head keep telling me conflicting things.

19. BillLaimbeer

It's okay, [STRIKE]Coach Kuester[/STRIKE] Walter.

20. Walter

Because coach plays him at the 4. He keeps talking about how he can play the 4. He cannot. But, when put in that situation I expect him to do at least better than Chaz.

Also, if TMac had moved to 3, yeah that would've been good, but he was still playing the point. The second half unit would've been better with TMac, Gordon, Summers, Monroe, Wallace and then have Stuckey come in with Bynum, JMAX, Daye and Wilcox to finish the 3rd. Imjussayin.