At Indiana Pacers Jan. 14th 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by roscoe36, Jan 11, 2009.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Also keep in mind that Indiana scores more first quarter points than any other team in the league for whatever reason.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If anyone is wondering, the average points against from the list Lee posted is 20.8

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Please note, we already know what Amir does when given a lot of consistent minutes. We did it last year, and he got way better on the fouling, and every other aspect of his game. And if you look at this year, his offensive game started to dramatically improve, just before Curry quit playing him. Note also, that what you said is exactly what Curry said during the offseason, that Amir needs to be coached more consistently. (Given consistent minutes.) Too bad Curry did not listen to his own words. Right now, Amir would be a lot better, if he had not had that string of games sitting. Going forward, we can only hope a light cllicks somewhere in Curry's brain, and he keeps playing Amir solid minutes.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for that. I intend to go thru and do the averages from "too big", and from "too small". But note, "too big" is actually just right vs. some team, like the Lakers since they use two big lumbering centers to start games. Anyone else care to do it? I am pressed for time.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

It's not that simple though. We can't just say "Lets put in a normal sized lineup". The problem is if we put in a normal sized lineup 1 or 2 of our best players will be on the bench, which also causes problems.

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, a normal size lineup that starts games off great, and then two of our best players coming off the bench. Sounds kind of like a championship team. But hey, I guess winning it all this year is not important to others as it is to so many Pistons fans. Cut the politics. Go out and win it all. No excuses.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No I am fine with it. In fact I want it, but I am just saying it is not as simple as "put these guys on the floor." Before when we had a normal sized lineup at the end of the game we would also have our five best players on the floor. That is not the case since the trade.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We give up 85.7 per 48 minutes with Amir on the floor, so that fits.