At Indiana Pacers Jan. 14th 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by roscoe36, Jan 11, 2009.

1. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Haha, Amir biting on that pump fake was pretty funny.

I know I've seen it brought up, but again why in the hell wasn't Stuckey taking any shots at the end of the game? He was scoring at will, hitting jumpers, driving the lane. Then at the end I see Sheed shooting threes and AI shooting jumpers. I'm sure that wasn't what Curry wanted (I can only hope). I would love to see Stuckey get some end game love. I don't know if hes defering or Curry isn't calling his number, but he's clutch and when he has 30 points on over 50%FG I would love to see him taking some clutch shots at the end.

And yes smallball is once again horrible..
  2. max

max All-Star

Because its Sheeds team and if he wants to take a volly of shots with the game on the line then he will do it.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not saying it isn't a problem, but is he actually fouling anybody out there? Even on the play you mention, I'm not sure their jerseys even made contact. He needs discipline + respek.

On a pounds per second per second basis, he must have the lowest fouling force in the NBA. Touch foul hell.

On the actual game, I don't think I can say much. I'm worn down. We have offensive players and we have defensive players and whichever ones we play, we get a close game. If we want to give up 80 points, then we'll score 80. If we want to score 110, then we'll give up 110. It might be the personel.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Dude, that's the man love talking.
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Just trying to be honest. I know it sounds bad and that's why I qualified it, but get our your reel and check that play out. My general point is that he isn't getting his money's worth, that's all. He's playing tentatively and fouling like a little girl.

I actually thought the touch fouls were out of control both ways in this game from start to finish.

We fouled them 27 times and we got fouled 23 times, yet they shot 15 more free throws. Detroit actually made 5 more field goals in the game with an extra 3 pointer. So, +11 from the floor and -15 from the charity stripe.
  6. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Ya know...I caught that too and it bothered me. Regardless of the towel-mask-over-the-mouth approach, I would assume it might have been directed at:
    • the referee
    • an opposing player
    • a game situation in overtime that was funny and certainly, sophisticated enough to hide your objective coolness.
    • the uncomfortable feeling that expression takes its opposite: laughing on the outside and crying within.
    Or perhaps the coach (as a substitute reference). A particular comment that all could share (as they immediately did) about a situational status from low eyes not quite up to the coaches level?

Sorta-like an undertaker's glorified moment where he shares his work for all to see and replaced with the ultimate down-under.

I am not amused.
  7. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

And never let a victory stand in your way.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

You see AI laughing during yesterday's loss? Even worse, since he was part of the problem.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I was all over the play in chat. Frankly, I think he is an idiot. You must love him for his body, because he has the bball IQ of a 3 year old sometimes.

He didn't have to leave his feet. Just put his arms up. But he plays so out of control, that when he jumps at a smurf, regardless of how much contact there is, he is the one who looks to be out of control physically.

He defends with his hands because he can't see the game well enough to defend with his feet. For the 3rd straight year, he is light in the pants and can't hold his ground.

Like I said, he is becoming a joke. His foul per minute rate can't all be chalked up to a league conspiracy against him.
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

I can hardly wait for the game Amir makes them 'count' and fouls out in 4 minutes.
  11. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

Sheed is doing whatever he feels like, Rip just tells MC that he aint coming of the bench and MC just agrees.

I got the feeling the Vets are running this team and not MC. I keep on wondering how the players look at MC, seems to me they just laugh at him.
    I can't see how the players can be happy with him atm.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I don't what the big deal is? Just as recently as last week this team was:
    • fun to watch,
    • they were fighting,
    • playing hard,
    • there was team chemistry,
    • there was good ball movement,
    • we were winning the board wars,
    • the future (AA, AJ, KB, Max, Stuck) was playing- and playing well
    • we weren't getting techs,
    • we playing good ol fashioned Detroit "Goin To Work" BAAAASKETBAAALLL
    • Tay was playing like an all-star
    • The backourt was winning us games by scoring in the paint down the stretch
    • We won a game without even making a 3ptr.
    ALL OF THIS HAPPENED LAST WEEK!!!!!!!

All we were missing was a player to reduce Tay's mins by 10-12, someone to reduce Stuckey's mins by about 10mpg, and a solid perimeter shooter, something that our 2 All-Star veterans should have been able to easily provide if they were TEAM PLAYERS. No I'm not blaming Rip or Sheed, This is about coaching and leadership, actually more about leadership. Joe and MC need to do something.
  13. Menace

Menace Bench Warmer

If you look at that, you would almost say that Rip and Sheed just don't fit in with this group anymore.
    I myself get the feeling that AI even fits in better.

For me the group that played last week was far more enjoyable to watch. I wouldn't mind them having season growing pains and get better in the end. I rather have a hard working group that might loose more games then a group with certain "all stars" who think they are so great.
  14. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

That quote from Curry makes me laugh. The guys on the floor were Rip, Rodney, Tay, AI, and Sheed. He could say the same thing if anyone but Rodney gets the shot. The way he words it, sounds like they just want an old guy taking the big shots regardless of how off the vets are or how hot Rodney is (He was hot all night tonight and last night). It's like he's allowded to play his game for the first 43 minutes, but the last 5 minutes he's the 5th option on the floor no matter how the game is going.

Eventually, I have to imagine that Rodney's just going to say eff-this, and take control, but it would be nice if Curry showed a little confidence in him late in the game rather than playing keep away.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Ain't no almost to it. I'm flat out saying it, RIP DON'T FIT IN WITH THIS GROUP ANYMORE. The contrast between last week and this week is startling.

As far as Sheed I think about it like this; Last week we won with Amir and Kwame starting up front, they were solid and worked hard. Now one would think that if you replace Kwame with Rasheed Wallace you get a exponentially superior product on the floor on both ends. Now seeing as how Kwame is inconsistent, Amir is a fouling machine, Max is good for 20mpg tops, and Dyess & Sheed mins need to be limited; you have room to play all 5 players regularly, except when you add Tayshaun to the equation as the strting PF.:doh:..what an effin idiot!!!!!
  16. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

took the words right out of my mouth
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude you and I are on opposite sides of the intellectual spectrum, in no way what-so-ever will I ever be smart enough to take the words out of your mouth;[​IMG] But if I did...WHOA!!!!!!
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And here I was last night lamenting being on the road and in 14 hour per day meetings and not being able to see the games this week. Then I looked at the box score.

Yucko.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They were more fun to watch b/c they weren't playing SMALL BALL. And both of our guards think they are too great to go to the bench. This is not an AI .vs Rip situation. It's too many guards that need their minutes cut.

Rip played 30 yesterday; AI damn near the whole game. If AI's minutes came down to 30-35 like we need them to, what do you think he would say ?

Let me give you a hint. I can't be effective playing so little; I need to be out on the floor to get in a rythm; I just want to win and that's why i have to play the whole game. Give me a break. This problem is just as much him as our "all star" guard.

The contrast in teams is because of Small Ball, and for what it's worth the team out there in the 4th and the OT sans Sheed was the same one that's been playing before and lost the game.

MC has decided to change the rotation and it's not even just with the guards, KB, Max and Amir, AA are all of a sudden sporadic to DNP players. It's easy to take the simple way out and blame it on Rip. The real problem is beginning to emerge as a coach who can't or won't enfoce his will or even more troubling a coach that thinks these rotations are a good idea.

Stuck/AI/Sheed/Amir/Tay is not a championship team. Ad as much as people hate our 3 point shooting. Our inability to spread the floor and shoot the 3 is a big reason why we have sop much trouble scoring.

edited to add;

How many fouls did Amir pick up in this game? Some are idiotic, but you know what at least he's close enough to his man to actually foul him.
  20. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I agree that TG (Love the Grim Ripper tag) doesn't fit with this group any longer. You could switch out he and AI, but I feel like AI gives them a better chance.

People are quick to pile MC, his leadership and rotations, but short of what you saw last night with TG just not playing he doesn't have many options.

If you favor one of these guys going to the bench, how many minutes are they going to still play, 20, 30, 35? If they play 30 how do you get minutes for the pets? (Amir's will take care of them selves. He's like a dog chasing a frisbee out there.)

I don't think MN would do it and I don't think it is fair value, but Mike Miller would be a better fit for this team than Grim Rip.