at Indiana Pacers Friday March 19 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's tough to win when Chucky doesn't get into the game.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I missed the comeback looking at the tournament in fact when I turned it on, Summers who apparently had been instrumental in the comeback was just fouling Granger on a three point shot and it was downhill from there with Stuckey forcing shots......

but at least we are in the 5th spot temporarily...:MusicBigGrin:
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is key. Now, we're heading into DeMarcus Cousins territory.
  4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

What a wonderful game, who could ask for anything more. The young fellas played, we competed for 24 minutes, almost won, but Ben Garbage was smart enough to miss enough wide open shots in crunchtime to seal the loss.

Stcukey looked really good out there tonight, I'll write more in depthly about this in the Will Bynum: Starting Point Guard? thread.

Great Loss tonight fellas, and I'm SOOOOOO sincere about that.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Of note, both Ben Wallace and Stuckey returned to action. And they both came off the bench. I like that. Why ever just throw someone back in coming off an injury / illness. Stuckey did his best impression of the Microwave (at his best) upon entering the game.

Summers was in for a spell in the first half, and we made up ground there. Ground that was lost quickly when he left the game. In the 2nd half, most of a 24 point deficit was overcame while Summers was in the game. We actually took a one point lead.

I am sure someone here will say that I am calling Summers some kind of saviour. No, but, I will say he should have been playing thruout this season. Summers has a lot going for him and should not be buried on the end of the bench.

Tonight, Daye barely played. So the coach still has not used all three of the rookies extensively for a game lately. JJ was overmatched in this one, but hey, I guess he has to learn to fight vs. bigger, stronger opponents. Of course, if Kuester cared to win this one, he could have went to Summers a lot sooner, who fit this game much better.

So who was out there for the big comeback? Stuckey, Gordon, Tay, Summers, JMAX. For the bulk of it.

OK, probably an historical moment for the Piston franchise - Rip Hamilton did not score any points in this game, and barely shot the ball. Nor was he anywhere to be seen at the end of the game. Not anywhere near the end. Heck, did he even play any in the 4th quarter? (Don't think so.)

Well, good to see Stuckey and Ben Wallace back. Good to see Summers get some playing time. The 15 point straight rally in the 4th was fun to watch. But hey, what I would really love to see is Kuester coach another complete game. In this game quicker adjustments were needed. But if he does not care about winning - then play the rooks. Can't go wrong there. The more the rooks play - especially if played to matchup well, the more we can win. Or is that why they don't play more in the first place?
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

As long as the losses are competitive, I can live with them too.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I was worried that the Pacers were going to show us how tanking is done by both dominating and losing the game.

Shouldn't coming in last in a division carry more weight than having a worse record but not coming in last?

Maybe I just miss Sheed, but I am rooting for the Pistons to get one of the headcase/enigmatic big men in the draft. I like the sound of Cousins, but do not like that he is apparently not overly athletic.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

When people say Cousins has potential, in my head I finish the sentence with "to gain 30 pounds in an offseason and fall in love with his outside shot."

[​IMG]
  9. linwood

linwood All-Star

el

Cousins is 18. If he can play as well as Celtics Rasheed, then the sky is the limit for that kid. I say take him.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

UH OH. When Ernie sees you talking smack about Sheed, he will be all over you like Kevin Federline on Britney Spears.