at Indiana Pacers Friday February 5 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Indiana Pacers

Friday February 5

7:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket

2. roscoe36

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Y-U-G-E game and I can't wait!!!!

This is like 2004 and 05 only backwards.

4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:That took me a second to get what you mean. I love it!

5. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

They better win this game, I might be going to the game... I don't want to get heckled by pacers fans

6. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Do those still exist?

7. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Is two wins in a row considered a streak?

8. roscoe36

For this team, yes. :rofl:

9. roscoe36

10. roscoe36

I spent most of the game talking to my Mom. Pacers played good.

I saw Stuckey drive past an open teammate into 3 Pacers (with their arms up) in the first Q, and that was probably the story of the game.

11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps Chucky Atkins was wearing this t-shirt when Sun Tzu made that claim:

[​IMG]

12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If there is any doubt that we are in Tayking mode, it was in full affect tonight. IMO if they lose tomorrow to the Nets, coach K should remove himself from the misery.

The game seem already over midway through the second qtr.

Our starting forwards JJ and Tay showed a lot of energy in the first 10 minutes of the game, but after that, it was all downhill as they combined for 4 -22 shooting.

The team barely got to double digits in assists as Daye fed Bynum for the teams tenth and last assist with 26 seconds left.in the game.

Without Bengo's 26 pts in 25 mins, we would have lost this game by 40+ instead of the 24.

13. DesmoPiston

DesmoPiston First Round Draft Pick

fcuk you Pistons, fcuk you too JoeD... I am done for the season....

14. coynejeremy

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Kuester flat out will not coach. Or can't. Whichever. He started a group of players who painfully could not get the job done. He responds to this by: Nothing. He just keeps them in. Puts them in again to end the half, and actually even puts them in again to start the 3rd quarter. Then he goes beserk and soon has Kwame playing out there.

And in between? Stupid small ball. Small ball when we can't even defend inside? Small ball to the point of playing 4 guards - with Tay at power forward where he wilted last year. Tay can't handle the power forward position. We already tried that last year. Now Tay has back problems and is recovering from a knee injury - so how does that make him be able to play power forward when he could not do it fully healthy last year. There is either total miscommunication going on, or Dumars actually just has lost his ability to make any rational decisions concerning basketball. I mean, how could anybody sanction Tay ever playing more power forward?

As I said would happen, Bynum coming back is not helping us one bit. Instead of using it as an advantage, Kuester is using having Bynum as an excuse to play more stupid small ball.

JJ can't play power forward. Not on any regular basis. He should be starting at small forward, with Tay coming off the bench behind him. At least until such day as Tay is at least part way back from his back problems. Maybe not even then. Hey, you got to see who is the better player. No way Tay automatically gets his old job back if JJ is playing too well.

The announcers are getting to be a bit of a joke. Somebody in Pistons management of course is pushing the garbage that the announcers are forced to spout. Look, beating the worst team in the league is not validation for anything. Please tone down the non-sense as it really makes it difficult not to turn the channel.

Now for the game itself. Rip looks pathetic in the offense doing anything beside shooting. Tay can't shoot at the moment. Ben did nothing on offense. JJ did no more. Stuckey hit some shots, made some drives. Did he try to do to much - maybe somebody should be attacking the basket along side him.

Bynum forced too many shots. Daye and Summers got to play, but only after we were down 23 in the 2nd half. Kind of late. Wilcox did not play. No explanation, but we do know he has had back problems this season. CV is out with back spasms again. Atkins, don't know if he dressed - don't think so. Nope, we had Bynum, Stuckey, Rip, Gordon, Tay, JJ, Summers, Daye, Wilcox, Kwame, JMAX, Ben Wallace. Thats the 12 who dressed.

Gee, we dressed 4 small forwards, and yet none but Tay played at small forward until the game was decided. Pathetic coaching. Truly pathetic. Worse, since this nonsense is continuing on into a 2nd year, Dumars remains the only link between the nonsense. At this point, its Dumars fault for the product we see on the floor. He needs to fire his coach. It ain't the roster, its how the coach can't ever manage to put players out there capable of winning the game at hand. Gee, come to think of it - the guy never did win at the college level either.

16. roscoe36

This is inappropriate for this community. If you intend to continue participating here, please review the forum guidelines linked at the top of the board.

17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Calling Mike Curry, we forgive you, please come back and lead us to 39 victories...without you we may not win [strike]30[/strike], [strike]25[/strike] 20 games??

18. Sara

Sara First Round Draft Pick

I was at the movies, so I couldn't watch the game. I still got the text updates, and definitely wasn't too happy.

All I know is, we have to destroy the Nets tomorrow. No more close games like Tuesday's, and no more losses like tonight's.

19. coynejeremy

Feel free to share your movie reviews here: http://www.pistonsforum.com/green-room-forum-lounge/5796-movie-talk.html

20. Sara

Sara First Round Draft Pick

I actually never go to the movies. I just wanted to see Dear John, because Channing Tatum is so sexy.