At Indiana April 11 7PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by max, Apr 6, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

In short I thought the Pistons played well enough to win but Indiana played exceptionally well. It took that circus shot at the end to win it.

As Lee pointed out in the Pod Cast. It may be for the best to slide in on the 8th seed. Get the tough match up out of the way. Pistons will have to play the 1st seed anyway at some point. Yes I know its unlikely to advance but you never know. Last I heard you still have to play the games if you are the #1 seed.
  2. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

There will be an upset...I GUARANSHEED IT!!!! I just hope it's not us who's upset.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The Pistons seemed very disorganized and out of it last night especially in the 1st half.

They threw so many passes into the crowd that I thought they brought AI back as a passing consultant.

I don't know what they're paying Sheed for if he can't hit the shots they need at the end. That turnaround he missed was his 5th shot of the game and if my math is correct that is over 1 shot per quarter he's getting. I don't know how many more he needs to achieve this mysterious "rhythm" people are always talking about.

They played Sheed the entire 1st quarter and well into the 2nd so he could take, what, 1 shot?

Go through the EC playoff teams and try to find one where they're SF would get stripped by a PG because he got bumped by him.

I thought I had read that they won't be practicing again until Tues, but hopefully they got time to review some film and find a way for Rip to get some shots up.

I'd like to see them go after Wade on Wed with Rip post ups. He won't stand a chance.

When was the last time a Piston opponent stated they were too tired from chasing Rip around all those screens as a reason they lost? It was probably Tay after an intra-squad scrimmage.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:

I agree with you. They looked out of it at various times last night. They also looked crushed to lose this game. Looks like they didn't want CLE as much as some of us didn't.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My thoughts are that as soon as Sheed got the tech, the team became discombobulated for the next five minutes. First there appeared to be a shouting match or loud conversation between Sheed and Curry after Sheed got the tech and was sent to the bench. The Pistons then committed four straight turnovers going down the floor and allowed the Pacers a big 10-0 run before the Pistons got themselves re-situated and closed the gap to 3 at halftime.

Practicing again til Tuesday??? They got a game tomorrow slow one..:sssh:
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I know they play, but I'm hoping they can use some practice time to get Rip some shots.

They were confused long before the dreaded tech.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Oh Moses...Moses...

About 15 years straight for me...Almost 5 hours with commercials.
  8. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

I will never understand the take 8th POV; Correct me if I'm wrong but in the entire history of the playoffs only three 8th seeded teams have beat the 1st seed and only one of them went to the finals.

I think the 7th seed is the best option for us we have a much much better chance at beating Boston while KG is still somewhat hobbled than we do beating Cleveland and king crap dribble. Can anyone enlighten me on why the 8th seed is better for us? All I can see is it's the path of least resistance if we somehow upset Cleveland since in doing so we would avoid playing 1 of the best 3 teams but wait a second the 3rd seed is Orlando I'd much rather play Orlando over Atlanta or Dwade in the second round!
    WHAT AM I MISSING!
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It doesn't really matter what seed the Pistons end up with. Unless all of the stars miraculously align themselves perfectly, the Pistons simply do not have the personnel or coaching to get out of the first round this year.
  10. slowfall

slowfall First Round Draft Pick

True, It's just somewhat pedantic and I don't mean that as an insult it just seems silly to me.
  11. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ME = MAN!!!!

Great recap, Lee! My sentiments exactly. No coaching decisions in last two minutes AT all that couldve had us SNEAK out a win (I just finished watching the game, BTW) Mitch Album on Sports Reporters had me thinking we won,but I forgot about THE CURRY FACTOR.:shout:
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

When Sheed shot that fadeaway!!!!!THATS exactly what I thought! Rip finally got hot, and Sheed and Scarecrow take the last two shots??? THE CURRY FACTOR!:shout:
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

:bow1:
    U are so right AND some NEW editing! Still, I never miss a chance to see the beauty of Sephra and Nefetiri!

Dem be some Foiyne white women! LOL:cheers::bow1:(FEPO)
  14. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Personnel wise, we have BEEN ok...Coaching ??/
    AINT NO WAY THE NBA LETS A ROOKIE COACH AND RASHEEDOLAYA GET BY LEBRON JAMES IN THE FIRST ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS. CAVS IN 4.
  15. Nemo

[​IMG]
  16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I love u NEMO!!! LMAO!
    I just saved that pic to my computer! I might YES MIGHT make her my avatar!!

Now , GO FORTH, my son and bring me the head of SEPHRA!! :love:
  17. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kind of made you wonder who was sitting in the front row opposite the Pistons bench since no one seemed able to catch a pass over there. At least five totally unforced turnovers in the first half ad several more in the second gaven Indy too much help. Though they did manage to clean up the Pacers' offensive rebounding in the second half.
  19. Nemo

Best I can do...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

As Homer said as he was sitting in the vibrating chair at the furniture store:

"I'lllllllllll-llllllll-llllllll t-t-t-t-t--t--tttttt-tttaaaaaakkkkkkkkke it-t-t--t-tt"