At Indiana April 11 7PM

Discussion in 'April 2009' started by max, Apr 6, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

At Indiana Pacers April 11th, 7:00 PM
    TV - FS Detroit
    Radio WDFN 1130

Pistons roll into Indiana on the 2nd game of a back to back hoping to improve their playoff position.
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. roscoe36

4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

wow ONLY 3 posts!!! must be a record...cant watch the game. Family traditions of 40 years come first. Thus its

THE 10 COMMANDMENTS TONIGHT!!!

SO LET IT BE WRITTEN.......
    SO LET IT BE DONE!!!:good:
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

this is NOT a playoff team, I repeat this is NOT a playoff team.

As long as guards can't guard anyone.
  6. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Pacer Guards shredded our defense for a layup drill and the three point arsenal from the Pacers victimized us with continuous outside threes (9) i think we blew our opportunity to face the magic in the first round...oh yeah it didn't hep that Sheed got a T and will probably be at home watching the game vs the Bulls:nopompom:
  8. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Just curious... were Dyess and Sheed ever taken out the entire 4th quarter? I don't think they were.
  9. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

We were getting destroyed with Max and Dice as well.

DESTROYED.
  10. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Stuckey was absolute GARBAGE, Rip was his usual chucking self, Sheed did nothing on either end... get rid of all 3.
  11. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Imagine Joe swallowing his pride and doing that.
  12. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

He won't of course. Dumars had better start making some moves because I'm losing faith in him... and I don't believe a single thing the spin-master tries to sell to us anymore.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Once again, we lose with Sheed and Dyess paired up to end the game. As usual, they can't cover the middle. Not enough quickness between the two. What's really crazy though is that Kwame did not play, while Dyess played the whole 2nd half. (and Sheed, at his ripe old age, played the opening 15 minutes of the game.) Who knows what Curry is thinking, but it certainly was not anything to do with winning the game at hand.

Lots of Pistons did well on O. But you got to play solid D for 48 minutes, and this coach does not even give his team a chance to do so. Sheed and Dyess were paired way too much. Herrmann made a comical appearance, where he could guard nobody and his team continually bailed him out.

Of particular ridicule is Curry's choice to leave Dyess out there even though, one, our transition D was failing continually, and two, old man Dyess was out there already 15 plus minutes to open the 2nd half.

Now, on offense, Dyess had a fine game. Though I would have liked it a lot more if he had went inside more. Good rebounding totals too, although Indiana got 14 first half offensive rebounds. (This was cleaned up greatly in the 2nd half, with Indiana going most of the 2nd half without any offensive boards.

Stuckey was driving in, helping to cause some foul trouble. We really could have used Kwame bulling his way to the basket to add to that. But like I said, I really don't know what Curry's goals were tonight. Winning was certainly not one of them.

Bynum had a decent game, although Jack outplayed him due to a height advantage.

Tay attacked the rack a lot for scores. Sheed was invisible to my memory. I do remember the one bank shot made. And I do remember him picking up that tech for not being able to shut up. Gee, the one point sure looked huge coming down the stretch of the game.

JMAX played plenty of good D, and hey, even Amir got in to play some good D. Afflalo played enough.

My best guess about this nonsense Curry was pulling tonight had to do with trying to prove he could not manage to shoe horn both Amir and Kwame into the rotation in the same game. I suppose he thinks us fans won't notice Dyess played the whole 2nd half, on this the 2nd in back to back games. Yeah, there is plenty of room to play Kwame and Amir.

Rip was the scoring hero, getting over 20, but at one point he, Tay, and Dyess all were at 14. Bynum scored 9 in the fourth.

It did seem Indiana got the home whistle. No problem, but the Pistons have not been getting their home brew. But I would not complain for a moment if I were Curry, not when he was not trying to win the game anyway.

PS, I hope he was not trying to win. Cause if he was, it was a totally pathetic attempt at coaching.
  14. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I just couldn't bear watching this game. We're done. Damn we're done. The Bulls will shred us to bits on Monday and then this miserable season will be over in another 10 days. I don't remember the last time this team was swept in the Palace.

Curry has to go away. There is no way you can slap a DNPCD on Kwame after what he's been doing since Sheed's injury. That's just stupid. No rhyme or reason to it.

And WTH is up with Sheed? Another technical? What the hell is going through his brain? It's comical at this point. As punishment the Pistons should suspend him until the playoffs.

Aaaarrrggghghhh. I was having a good day!

:yell:
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

This is really a broken record at this point.

AMIR NEEDS TO PLAY MORE AGAINST TEAMS THAT ARE ATHLETIC AND GUARDS THAT CAN PENETRATE.

SHEED/DICE = BAD

Great coaching once again;

Kudos to Curry for taking out the bench players in the 2nd quarter that were effective and replacing them. The Pacers couldn't score at all. Glad he gave them a break.

We were getting abused on the glass so Curry was forced to play Amir but then as usual completely changed the rotation in the 2nd half and minimized his minutes as much as possible. It really looks like it hurts Curry to play him. He won't do it until it's absolutely necessary and then once we gain control he yanks him.

I remember that article after the PHI game where Curry was forced to admit that Amir shut off the paint. Immediately after wards, a string of DNPS, 2 min games that followed must have been him punishing himself for saying it out loud.

Honorable mention to putting Hermann on Granger once again proving that in the PO's Hermann will be pointless since every team we will face has a good to great SF.

KB = DNP, Was he injured? or did Curry just decide he wanted to try something new in a crucial game we absolutely needed ? I don't think anyone can defend him at this point. He's just nuts.

We will continue to lose and we will continue to play Dice/Sheed in crunch time and have TJ Ford/Jack and their entire family waltz into the lane. I especially like these 3rd quarters where the starters play every second. And the fact that no matter how many games we lose with that big pair getting worked Curry still still continues to play it.

Bynum is weak on defense.

Are we supposed to be developing Stuckey ? because what he seems to be developing are splinters from sitting so long in the 4th.

Stupid trade. Stupid hire. Stupid game. Stupid Playoffs.

Sorry i watched live which i haven't done as much lately. Back to TIVO for the sake of my blood pressure.
  16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

While this could really hurt us, it will force Curry to use the other bigs. Then again i wouldn't be surprised to see Dice play 40+ while the opposing team strolls right past him.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

At the start of the game the Pacers had Troy Murphy on Sheed. The Pistons did not go to him once opting instead to alternate possessions between Rip, Stuckey and Tay where they tried to see who could dribble further away from the hoop going backwards. Unbelievable.

Why do they decide to iso and post Tay or Rip on Granger when Granger outweighs them by 100 pounds and is quicker?

How do you play the whole 4th quarter with only Bynum and Rip shooting and then decide to have Sheed (his 5th shot at that point) and Tay take the 2 biggest shots in the game?

Max was everywhere on D except the glass. He killed them.

Kwame never got his sweats off.
  18. roscoe36

Kwame had a hammy injury.
  19. roscoe36

Great podshow. Had a lot of fun with Low, Lee, Max and Dumars4Ever.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks. However, it does not matter one bit Defensively. We still never needed to pair up Sheed and Dyess, and neither Sheed nor Dyess had to play long stretches.

By simply using Sheed and Dyess strictly at center, and JMAX and Amir as the power forwards, no way you ever have to over play the old men.

On offense, we could have used Kwame bulling his way inside to pick up some fouls. However, Dyess and Sheed are capable of doing this too, if their coach would have them do it.