At Houston Rockets March 18th, 9:30 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 15, 2009.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

He is playing a much better floor game so far, but his shooting % is miserable.

Meanwhile, Arron Afflalo is still being his overall fabulous self and showing those who didn't think it was a crime that he was not getting minutes in general and over Fabio how crazy they are. :p

Now if we could get Tay to guard Artest we'd be rolling or at crawling . . .

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I cannot believe that Curry brought in Hermann and he took a 3 cold at the END of a CRUCIAL game again.

3. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

He almost hit it. 2nd Overtime. Stuckey has come up big. But little Tay has been dominated by Artest.

4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Regardless of what Joe D's precious capspace gets us (probably nothing), this trade was a royal eff up.

We see that when Afflalo gets major minutes he is a HELL of a 3-shooter. His confidence is soaring too, because he's playing consistent minutes.

Now we have 4 2's that need heavy playing time.

Watch us go back to our pitiful 3 point lineup, and Afflalo will be stuck with Bynum.

We have to flip one of our 2's for a REAL big. And go after a big-name big in FA.

5. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Fabio had a +8 game in 8 minutes, wow, :dizzy2:

6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

In the 2nd OT definitely. I've never seen so many critical coaching mistakes in the last minutes of a game;

Not taking Will Bynum out when he started chucking.

Benching AA for a good chunk of the 4th b/c you got called out for taking Will out last game instead of Stuck.

The Hermann play

Taking Kwame out in favor Max ?

Fouling at the end down 3.

I can't even wrap my head around how bad Curry's decisions are esp when it matters.

There is no lack of effort. They've been playing their you know whats off all game. It's not their fault the coach is a moron.

This game could have easily been won in the last few minutes of the 4th and before OT. Such a disheartening loss.

And a clutch shooter. Hey you know what confidence and consistent minutes do for another player named A . . . kidding!

My confidence in this kid's game and to a lesser degree other players is probably why i thought we could have won in the beginning of the year as is. Joe screwed up; should've traded Chauncey for a big.

7. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

You know the coach has told them to play it right and play it polite.

8. The Palace Artest

And Artest is such a damn badass. Respect him. He dwarfs Tayshaun's manhood. Tayshaun is petrified of him from a physical standpoint (although Tay didn't quit)

Ben is long gone, and Bill Davidson is no longer with us. I'd love to see Tayshaun flipped for maybe an actual NBA PF, and make a concerted effort (without overpaying) effort to sign him.

EDIT: Amir can't guard Scola (good player BTW), let alone having the stones to stand in front of Yao. Don't kid yourself, lol.

This isn't my anti-Amir agenda speaking. Amir was no fit. Even Kwame's sound defense was NO MATCH for Yao's length (I laugh when people call him soft; he was moving Dice).

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

On the Rockets board, they're sort of ripping him apart; saying the reason that this game was so close to begin with is because he wasn't playing team basketball and chucking. And for some reason they call him "Dinoboy".

10. The Palace Artest

And Lakers fans criticize Kobe for not being a playmaker like Lebron. And retarded Cleveland fans want to trade Lebron for supporting the Dallas Cowboys over the Cleveland Browns, or the Yankees over the Indians. Fans are HYPERCRITICAL.

No mentions of Artest absolutely smothering any sort of offense Tayshaun tried to execute? We tend to focus on the negative as fans.

11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

And they have a valid point. Artest is the proverbial "black hole" on offense... no one else is seeing the basketball as soon as he gets his hands on it.

There's a reason this guy (despite his strength and size) is only shooting 40% on the year and 42% for his career... he is a dumb basketball player. But he does have balls though, much more so than Prince... and he never seems to miss against us either which really irritates me.

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Oh i'm not saying their right. It's just interesting that they have a opposite take. They do watch him on a regular basis so it's probably a culmination of his play not just this game.

And i won't start about Amir. Just know that when he "breaks out" aka is allowed to play and does well, i will dedicate an Amir appreciation thread to you. LOL

13. The Palace Artest

There's something really wrong with him this year from a shooting standpoint. And it all started with playing through his gimpy ankle in the arly portion of the season.

Look at his other season percentages. This season is the exception, not the rule for him.

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Anyway, this is rough loss and tough pill to swallow and a game we probably win with better coaching. But like the last game, these guys did leave everything out on the floor tonight... I am proud of them and the effort.

But this loss stings... how am I possibly gonna work in a few hours??

15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On any other night, 21 pts and 10 assists would look good for Stuckey....but 8-25 from the floor??? Other than a couple of nice layups in the first OT he was well unspectacular.

Tay also had a bad shooting night (4-17) but hit one three in crunch time that kept us in it. Artest really shut him down ...but Artest scored 26 pts as MC had Fabio on him for a while in the first half
    :movingon:
    The scrubs played a good game for the second night in a row, with an effort that the three missing stars probably would not of put forth. Once again with no Rip, only 8 TO's and with all the misses, a lot of second chance ops with 21 offensive rebounds.

Afflolo had another breakout game with a career high 24 pts on 4-6 three balls. The only reason Hermann gets off the bench now is because we are short handed, but that should end when Rip or Sheed comeback....

next question?? Why was Fabio given that shot attempt to win it in regulation?? He had sat the whole half and was cold as ice... Yeah it would been great for him and Curry if the shot would have fallen, but that play should have been set up for Alf....

Hate to look back on plays in the game and blame them for this loss, but remember the one where we were up 3 with 3 seconds left in the third and we allowed Artest to score with a quick pass with 1.3 seconds ...terrible defense and I mentioned in chat that I hope that play didn't come back to haunt us......

16. The Palace Artest

Me calling Curry's late game decisions retarded would be an insult to the mentally impaired.

so... maybe he's trying to get fired before AI and Sheed come back.

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I have a paper to do, and i'm so irritated i can't concentrate. On the bright side PHI lost; and it's looking unlikely that BOS will hold on to 2.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah but the Bulls won and are now only 2.0 games ahead of them for the 8th spot and 3.5 games ahead of the ninth place team....:doh:

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I forgot about them, but i did root against the 3 B's like i think someone (you?) mentioned. I do find it hard to root against CHA. I like the way they play.

Salmons has done wonders for CHI.

20. The Palace Artest

At least we'd probably beat Orlando. I'd be happy with a 2nd round appearance.

There can't possibly be anyone out there that thinks that this team is actually going to do anything beyond the 2nd round (barring plane crashes). It's not worth getting bummed about.

We can get bummed this offseason/NEXT YEAR when we as fans see that Stuckey isn't a PG by any means, and that Afflalo STILL isn't getting the minutes he needs, because Rip's ego needs them, and Stuckey needs them (to save Joe's behind), AND when we don't do anything significant with our capspace.