At Houston Dec. 12th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 11, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

He only sits during games, but not during practice or when fixing a flat tire on the way to the airport.

:hoops:
  2. buddahfan

3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Maybe "Ole Flipper" should be more concerned with looking more then 4 seats to his left during a game to find an answer. He is really starting to tick me off.

I can accept losing for the betterment of our young players (AJ, AA, Stucks and Max) and their development. I cannot accept losing because we played uninspired, sloppy basketball and the coach did not make a change.

I read it somewhere on the forum and it makes perfect sense. The motivation of the bench and the motivation of the starters is different. If you put the bench in a game where we have not been able to get over the hump and we are losing the "hustle" battles; they are more inclined to throw themselves all over the floor to make a difference.

USE THE FRICKIN' BENCH FLIP!!!!! Get something out of these losses except a black eye and a waste of time.
  4. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

you are acting here, like game was already lost. Btw, flip sr has used bench, but it hasn't worked as should, at least in the last two games.

A common mistake here is to presume, that somewhere are solutions in waiting, just use them. Your bench-savior dreams are just insane.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We know that the Pistons struggle against the legit centers. But how many Yaos are there in the NBA? Center position is not really an issue with this team.
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Nope....not buying that one. I do not believe that there is some sort of "save the day" player sitting on that bench. The last two games the bench has done well. During the second half of last nights game we had 4 bench players and Sheed in the game they actually took the lead. FlipM (Mr Turnover) actually did well for us, except the 4 bricked FT's. This team went downhill when [STRIKE]Mobley[/STRIKE] Rip came back into the game. Talk about the backcourt from hell, an over agressive [STRIKE]Mobley[/STRIKE] Rip and Murray. The bench did well against Memphis but could not even get in during the 2nd half .....BULL!!!!!!
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We had not lost to a team with a "legit" center all season until last night. For the record there was no center available that was better than Nazr, no way do I see guys like Raef LeFrentz or Etan Thomas as upgrades over Nazr.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amir is being paid asif he was the 4th pick in the draft. He makes a lil less than Horford, and more than Yi and Noah. I just wish we played him as much as the Bulls play Noah. There is nobody that can convince me that AJ can't hold his own against Yi and Noah.
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

and 3 of those are asst. coaches.
  10. buddahfan

I would rather see Porter in there than Hunter. LOL

11. mikhail1973

Here we go with explanations on the bench minutes:

And on Flip being in in the 4th quarter:

KO takes longer than planned
  12. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hi raxrets! :D

I got 99 problems and NazMo ain't one. ;)

Don't be jealous. Pay is not equal to work in a free market economy. :)

Agreed. You should also not lose to a team whose foreign (notoriously soft) leader calls out the team for being too soft.

The game was mismanaged by Flip, he always falls in love with a successful lineup, and isn't disciplined enough personally to keep the rotation on schedule. Obviously the starters are going to be the most productive unit over the course of the season, perhaps even 5 times as much as the bench. That doesn't mean they should play 5 times as much.

Until Flip grows up, and becomes a big boy, and until the asst. coaches start doing something to keep him on the upward growth path during games, we're going to see more of this BS.

That said, it was only one game out of 82. We are probably going to lose at least 25.
  13. Delfino Delivers

Exactly my Point By the end of the season these guys will be miles ahead of AJ. Is there anyone that wants to dispute that?

He has to play to get better. He also needs to get a reputation with the refs so they know his game. They need to learn "he has a great first step" or "his pump fake is good" etc. They need to know these things in order for him to excel in this league. It is as much about repuatation as it is about skills.

Ask Lindsey.
  14. max

max All-Star

PISTONS: On the Verge
    That was the kind of stuff we were reading about Amir all summer. Yes I was hooked. Convinced they were serious about playing him and convinced that he would help make an impact.
  15. Delfino Delivers

GOTCHA!!!!!
  16. mikhail1973

I wonder if we could ask Keith - WTF happened?
  17. max

max All-Star

He would give you the run around.

Somethnig like "He was hurt, missed the pre-season, Dyess has been playing so well, still is only 21 years old, does not talk enough out there... "

We have learned nothing from the Darko incident.
  18. mikhail1973

The problem is that it is not a direct conversation, so it is difficult to argue a point that Joe he would do something and Flip said he would do something, and it is not happening. Oh well.
  19. buddahfan

It just could be that Flipper doesn't like AJ.

It wouldn't be the first time that a coach blew off a young player just because he didn't like him.

Why wouldn't he like him?

Could be AJ doesn't sweat enough on the court or talk enough on the court, or who knows.

A sent an email to KJ asking her to do an article update on AJ. So far nothing. Not that an article about him in the FREEP would get him time on the court, but it could be that AJ is not too happy right now so she would have to massage the actual interview enough to make it PC, therefore no article. We shall see