at Golden State Warriors Saturday February 27 10:30 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

They went to hack a Ben with 3 minutes to go. This time, coach went to CV immediately. But they hacked him again before we could make the substitution. Ben made 1 of 4.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

pistons getting outhustled and out muscled in crunch time
  3. MJO77

MJO77 First Round Draft Pick

gordon finally in
  4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If we had a decent offense that could find Gordon good scoring ops, it would help. As it is, Gordon just becomes another one on one player.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Down 3. 20 seconds left. Time for a Gordon 3
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Darn. We barely get the ball in, and it goes to Ben Wallace, who is immediately fouled, and shoots 2 airballs at the line. We just got outcoached.
  7. Brap

Brap Starter

I'd like to see Ben Wallace find a legal way to smash a forearm shiver into Don Nelson.
  8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Don't want to hear Ben complaining about coming out of the game late.

Ping... pong
  9. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Hack-a-Ben works for the first time ever?

It probably shouldn't have come to this.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

And CV sets a moving pick. What else could go wrong tonight.
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Tay was way overplayed... but most of our starters played less than the Warriors... it's not the reason for this loss.
  12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

One of the worst coaching halfs ever. So stupid. Kuester needs to go.
  13. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Geesh, Kuester just continually finds ways to lose. Tonight, with GS forced to play with just 8 players, and losing one during the game, you would think we could beat them by having more energy. And we did indeed do some of that. But our clueless coach played Tay just about the whole game, negating a lot of that advantage. Another loss, another DNP for Daye. Which means another game with absolutely nothing accomplished.

Worse, JJ twisted that ankle again. It was a great tap in by JJ, but he came down on someone's ankle. JJ hustles, scores around the basket, and these days, he is a steady outside shooter.

Tough loss, and really, our chances to make the playoffs are all but gone. Sure, we have the talent to make a big run, but by no means do we have a coach who can make the kind of decisions that can get us wins.

We were outscored down the stretch by 10-0. Outcoached, pure and simple. First, they went to hack a Ben. But why did Kuester even allow that at the 3 minute mark? What, you let the other team dictate the game. And then later when we needed a three to tie, they deny us the inbound pass and force us to pass the ball into Ben Wallace, who nails two airballs. How embarrassing. Yes, Kuester did pull Ben this time right off the bat, after the hack a Ben strategy started, but only after Ben already was 1-4 from the line before we could get a sub in for him.

Bynum did no good, and we lost about a point a minute when he was in. Gordon and CV still are not giving us anything - but you know, as disorganized as the Pistons are, playing nothing but 1 on 1 basketball, just how are these two suppose to help us.

Stuckey had a good enough game. But we need two point guards of his caliber. (Like we had last year to start the season.)

Can't think of much else. It irked me that the local TV station pulled the game. Caught an internet feed. Thanks for the tip Merc. I listened to Blaha in the background. Interesting listening to two takes on the game at the same time - while monitoring the chatboards at the same time. Thanks for everyone's comments during the game.
  14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oops, I guess I should have not said anything....almost the same situation that occurred on Tuesday. The pistons could have actually swept this trip, but idiotic coaching and playing down the stretch in the last three games just kept us in the running for that top 5 pick.

The last Piston bucket of the game was the tip in by JJ with just under 4 minutes left. Only Piston score after JJ's ankle injury was a lucky free throw by big Ben during hack-a-Ben time at the 3:27 point...After the Pistons taynk big time. Since when was the Golden State defense this good??? The Warriors outscored us 58-38 in the second half.

Coach Nelson proved even though he probably has a career losing record, that he can still out coach a rookie coach. I mean to foul Ben Wallace when the Pistons needed a quick 2 or three ball was the best coaching play I have seen all season.

Why would you even put Ben back out there?? Oh I know because you didn't want to get yelled at by Big Ben on the flight all the way home....

We got three bigs sitting on the bench that can't even get in the game in Kwame, JJ and Wilcox. We were on offense.....all of them can rebound... we did not need Ben...

None of the guards did a darn thing outstanding in the 4th qtr...ok second half. I will go out on a limb here and would take Step Curry over every guard we have.

The Warriors played most of the game with 7 players and some scrub named Anthony Tolliver outscored all of our guys with 19 points.
  15. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

And the really bad news is that the Pistons still only have the 8th pick if the order holds. Not really high enough in most years.

They need to rest JJ. He is the future of the franchise. He is amazingly good for a rookie.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think dropping local coverage of the game is a far better thank you to the fans than the banner they hung commemorating the sell out streak. You've got to be insane to go to a Piston game now.

This had to be one of, if not the worst loss of the year. GS is a train wreck. They've got to lead the league in most games played with only 8 players dressed or having only 2 guards available and almost always manage to play a guy who I've never heard of significant minutes. I could not have missed more than 15 seconds of the game and I have no idea what Tolliver's first name is.

I don't care if they started hack-a-Ben 2 minutes into the game, I would still rather have him playing than Villanueava.

It would have been awesome if Kuester subbed Kwame Brown for Ben during the hack-a-Ben.

This had to be one of the worst quality games played in the L this year. It was comical at times.

Steph Curry is light years ahead of Running Rodney athletically.

The Rodney Stuckey face made a surprise appearance 3-4 minutes into the game tonight.

Would anyone be happier if the Pistons played more a GS style of run & gun to make better use of their roster?
  17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Ben Wallace is a warrior. He changes the game, disrupts the opponents offense, plays beyond his age and physical talents. Why the hell can't he make FTs? Can someone coach him? His time at the line may cost him the hall of fame.
  18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

BigBen obviously wants good draft pick and does his sandbagging.
  19. linwood

linwood All-Star

Come on, Rax. Sandbagging doesn't help Ben. He will be done long before the draft pick ever pays off.

He has been playing ball his whole life...why can't he make a free throw?
  20. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'm actually wondering why Q left him there seeing that hacking Bigben actually works...