At Golden State Nov. 13th, 10;30 PM

Discussion in 'November 2008' started by Dlev59, Nov 9, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have it but is on my computer at home and I only have my laptop with me. If me and Mik hook-up, we will get another photo and I will upload it when I get backhome on Sunday...

2.5 hours to game time, need to eat and get over there,,:burgereater:,wish us luck

GO Pistons!!!!!

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Now you know it's just uncle and auntie!!!:hug:

3. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

Have a good time and make some noise for us!

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

wait wait...why would you start kwame, especially against a quick team like GS?? and why have amir benched after just 7 games??

btw, got the HD working finally, WOOT!!

5. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

roscoe, when is the chat going up?
    Also, I need those justin.tv links. :)

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:sherlock:

The logic of not starting Amir against GS a team he would thrive against escapes me. However, i understand the move overall just not in this game.

8. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Seriously, starting Kwame makes me mad. I mean, Kwame? Really?! And against GS no less. :gun1:

9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Alright, glad they pulled that one out. That was some collapse by the Warriors in the third quarter, although they got back in it in the 4th before falling apart again just in time for the Pistons to put it away. Lots of good minutes for AA tonight; the lineup that won it was AI, Rip, AA, Tay, and Sheed.

Gonna be a tough one tomorrow night. None of the big guys were playing well in the first half; Sheed came up big tonight in the second half, but he was the only one.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Arron was fantastic. Sheed was great in the 2nd half. Rip finally took a break from being The Grieving Richard Hamilton. We got killed on the offensive glass. Amir should have played more.

AI had an awful FG %, but that was one of the better overall games he played.

We need Dyess back desperately.

The Lakers bigs scare me. In Kwame we trust? :dizzy2:

11. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

I'm glad the boys got a win but I'm starting to see a disturbing pattern by Curry of playing some of the starters way too many minutes. Tay is going to wear down to a nub and I know he likes the heavy duty minutes but jeez he played the whole game or close to it. Also once Stuckey is back where is that going to put Affalo and Bynum? AI does not need to play 40 minutes + a game but Curry will play him big minutes so Bynum will sit.

The bench has to develop and get minutes and of all the things I hated the most about Flip Saunders was his stinginess at giving out minutes to the young-uns. Boy I sound like a whiner tonight but I like watching the young guys play more than the starters just hogging all the prime time minutes.

If Dyess does come back I say ditch Kwame because I really am starting to hate his game. Kwame makes Nazr look like an All-Star.

12. roscoe36

Good win on the road on a long trip, under adverse circumstances (little practice, missing Dice and Stuckey).

This is good. You can see how good this team can be when it gets right and gets on the same page.

Maxiell has been sucking. Disappointing.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Very fun time in chat tonight. The sky was falling at halftime, and we needed to trade all our players or they needed to retire. Fortunately we went on some sweet runs in the second half, and apparently the guys will keep their jobs. O ye of little faith!

I think the offense is learning how to play together and MC is learning how to use his players. Dyess is sorely missed. I guess Sheed and Rip will be fined for missing the team flight, because they did not seem to even be in the building for the first half. Luckily they showed up in the second half. AI was a hero when it counted, but Rip actually slightly outperformed him stat-wise. AI carried us when we needed him, he was vintage AI in the third and fourth quarter. It's delicious to watch him go to work in crunch time.

Speaking of delicious, I'm still thinking about that Brie and smoked salmon on a crusty toasted roll. Provincial, shmovincial!

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

In the words of Allen Iverson: A win is a win, and they are all NBA teams.

Good game from the Pistons. Nice moments from Afflalo. Tay and Rip both had very solid games. Sheed came through when it counted.

The team is deep and versatile. When they learn how to execute, they should be very fun to watch.

15. roscoe36

I watched the inside the NBA segment on TNT with the Sheed/AI interview.

If anyone has a link to it (Natalie @ N4S might post it), please post it here in a new thread. The segment was good, especially Barkley saying he couldn't play with Sheed.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't know when we can stop calling them team developmental minutes, but if it continues it will be concerning. Eventually Sharpe should probably get a shot to back-up Tay since WH is hanging out in Arron's old doghouse. If Dice comes back, that should cut Sheed's.

AI's min i'm not too worried about.

17. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Pot calling the kettle black...barkley became loveable after he retired...he was one of the most hated and divisive player/teammate ever.

Sheed has never lived up to his potential. Sheed does not have the mental makeup to be a great player all the time. There are hundreds of sheeds in professional sports that lack the psychological edge needed to be a great player (see vince young). That is just the way it is. One any given night he can be great, but that is it. There is no need in waiting for someone who have been in the league for 13 years to change. He is what he is. Joe would have traded him if there was a good deal, i really believe that.

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, I remember him being kind of a jerk. Sheed's teammates love him. Charles couldn't have played with Sheed because Charles' ego is too big.

19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Can I offer you some cheese? Or maybe an umbrella, for the grey skies...

Fun game, very entertaining. And for whom it may concern, our young'ns got plenty of run tonight. Max and Amir showed that they deserved to familiarize themselves with the bench tonight. I'm starting to get very impatient with Amir, please pray for me, I swear his contract needs to be amended to say that if he does anything other than eat, sleep, hoop, and lift...then he forfeits his game check.

Lee's AA theory held up again tonight, Will Bynum is 4Real, and we are beginning to see an end to the Walter Herrmann Experiment, sweet win. Again these games are like practice for us, and if we can put W's in the column while adjusting to all the new changes this season....GRAVY!!!!!

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They don't seem that grey to me.