at Denver Nuggets Saturday March 12 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

I heard they didn't let DoubleA play to squelch any hugginisms.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With dice and Sheed on the decline in 2008, don't ya wish if Joe had to swap Billups for Nugget, it had been Nene instead of AI?

I mean capp space/hindsight is 20/20 but right now Nene and AA would be more valuable to the Pistons than the Gordon/CV combo....

The Pistons can score.....they just can stop any other team from doing it..:yellowprison:

They are currently 30th in the league on FG% against >>>allowing teams to shoot 48.4% against [STRIKE]us[/STRIKE] them. Seems like opposing teams have been averaging 55% since the all-star break...

3. Brap

Brap Starter

The return of JJ next season, plus the continued development of Monroe and Daye, should give us hope for a way better defensive team in the future. Obviously, the Pistons need to keep adding to that - this season, the one strong and deep position in this draft is the crop of PF's (according to Chad Ford). If we add a really good young bigman, JJ, Monroe and Daye would make up a potentially very fine young big man rotation.

If we don't F up Stuckey, he's a very good defensive guard.

It'll be several seasons before we're a high end competitive team again, but we definitely aren't without good assets moving forward. We just have to add to them, and balance out this roster around those 4 core guys.

4. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I know you like to raz him but I only think of the close calls he had already in his young career with the dizzyness and fainting, whatever the health issues are there and I think of some of the athletes weve lost due to this type of health issue. The way i figure it if he feels blessed to be playing the game he loves and still be alive and healthy at the end of the day...he can hug whoever he wants at the end of it. Heck it would be different if he was the only person doing it, but pretty much everyone hugs or embraces on the court before and after the game nowadays.

5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow. His assist-to-turnover ratio is an undefined value. :nerd:

6. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That explains why my computer crashed when I tried to compute it. :nerd:

7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

After the Bulls lost Jordan and Pimp how long did it take for them to become better than .500 ? I know they blew several every high picks. It seems like 6-7 seasons.
    I can't see us doing any better.

8. BillLaimbeer

Great comparison. The Bulls went 62-20 and won the NBA Championship in 1998. They stunk real bad for the next 6 season. The number of wins the following seasons:

1999: 13
    2000: 17
    2001: 15
    2002: 21
    2003: 30
    2004: 23

In 2005, the Bulls were back to the playoffs with a 47-35 record. Curry (2001-4th pick), Hinrich (2003-7th pick), and Gordon (2004-3rd pick)were the team leaders. In 2002, the Bulls selected Jay Williams with the 2nd overall pick. This is as bad as the Darko pick....

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah, Jay Williams and Eddy Curry were both mega busts. Also, they landed Chandler, but they pulled a JD and gave up on him after they developed him to the point of becoming a productive member of the league.

They should have risen from the ashes much better than they did after the Jordan years.

10. LA Dre

Technically Jay Williams was in the Sam Bowie class of busts as he was decent his rookie year but he was involved in that motorcycle accident that first summer where the main nerve in his leg was severed, his pelvis was fractured and tore up his ACL in his left knee. He was lucky to survived that accident riding without a helmet let alone try play up to his high draft and collegiate potential.

11. LA Dre

Surprised nobody posted Prince's comments on Saturday's no Defense game;;

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dre, the Newgets were just soooo comfortable shooting. Were they posing ? was their make-up perfect ?
    ----------------------
    Thanks Beer, wow, 62 then 13 ? I had completely forgot-en. Some of that was bad luck though.

13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep. Somebody should have accidentally run through him on about the sixth attempt.

14. LA Dre

said Prince
    He must have learned that after Lebron ran roughshot over him in 2007...or Maybe when Pierce did it in 2008:sssh:

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm not saying he was an unwise pick, but rather that the Bulls didn't get as much out of their picks as would have been expected. These 2 bad outcomes really hampered their building effort.

Also, Curry and Chandler was both 18 if I remember correctly. Pretty tough to develop 2 young bigs at the same time like that.

16. BillLaimbeer

That's what I was thinking. When has Tay Tay ever put someone on his butt?

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

Tay is working his way into coaching. He's got the reputation as a player who doesn't make mistakes, who works as a glue guy bringing people together, and he has highlight clips to show the doubters... must be tough coaching from the floor under Kuester.

If Gores does buy this overpriced team, he should retain Tay as the coach on the floor, hire Laimbeer to motivate the kids and get the best out of the bigs, and then clean house.

Karen really thinks Bills team is valuable. She may need a reality check.

18. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

That's a strong vote of confidence...giving the team's coaching position over to Bill Laimbeer even before the team is sold...Actually a smart move as it would increase the value of the team immediately...