at Denver Nuggets Saturday March 12 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And the Nuggets play the new-look Pistons.

Kuester to start Stuckey, Rip, Tay, T-Mac and Monroe.

Wonder what the record for different starting 5's is for a season? And just think a few years ago we set a record for consecutive games with the same starting 5... Time flies when your team goes down the sink...

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not much defense being played by either team tonight. It reminds me of a Pistons-Nuggets game from 1983. Zeke put up 47 points that night in the 186-184 3OT win.

NBA.com: That 80s Show

6. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

oooh!

we've never tried smallball before. I wonder how Tay will do at the 4.

7. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Whoa whoa, you've got it all wrong. T-Mac is playing the 4. Huge difference.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons tie the score at 72 with about 6:40 left in the third and miss 8 of their next 9 shots and allow the Nuggets to finish the qtr on a 21-2 run.

Too many shots by Rip and Tay held the ball way to long taynking at least three shots with less than 3 seconds on the clock..

At the end of the 3rd, the Pistons had taken 4 free throws....for the entire game

9. BillLaimbeer

With the pace of this game combined with the inability of any Piston to play defense, it was just a matter of time before the Nuggets blew this one open.

10. LA Dre

Let the official Tanking for a top 5 draft pick begin....as Pistons lose by 30

JR Smith toyed with the Pistons tonight....The cameras didn't show if Stuckey came over to hug him or not...but Stuckey started and the only bucket he made the whole night was the 70 foot prayer after the clock had expired at halftime.

Pistons made all 7 of their FT's:sssh:

Chris Wilcox led the Pistons in scoring with 21 pts on 10-12 shooting.

Pistons shot 50% or better for the second time on the road trip and lost all three games

11. BillLaimbeer

Daye was guarding JR Smith during most of that onslaught. I really like Daye, but his footwork is very slow on defense.

12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Geez, Double A didn't play.
    I guess there was no Kobe to stop.

13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

slow footwork aside, why on earth he would ever be checking a natural 2 just completely eludes me.

14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Prince, T-Mac and Hamilton being reinserted into the starting lineup have just sucked what little life there was in this team.

Prince and Hamilton have tunnel vision for each other. It's beyond frustrating to watch.

15. LA Dre

Prince and Hamilton were 12-27 with Rip seemingly taking a shot every time he got the rock without passing and Tay getting the ball passed to him with less than 10 seconds left on the clock and dribbled it to about 2-3 seconds before rushing a shot it with clock going off after it.

At this point I would rather see Ben in there playing defense for a few minutes then seeing these two hogging the ball for their me first offense..

16. max

max All-Star

131 points from the Melo-less Nuggetts. Ouch. And thats with AA not playing. Glad I missed this one.

Just a loss or so away from the 6th pick.

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This game was in fast motion. The Nuggs are a very dangerous team. Afflalo and Gallinari are both out and they're still very deep.

The Pistons were absolutely on fire in stretches and just get blown out.

Will Bynum had a bit of the razzle going tonight. He looked really loose and confident with the ball en route to 10 assists and 0 turnovers.

8 Nuggets shot 50% or higher from the field. They ended up with a staggering 131 points on 82 FGA!!!

The Pistons attempted 6 more shots, shot 50% and lost by 30??? They out shot us, out rebounded us, out assisted us, out stole us, out blocked us, had fewer turnovers than us, and they got to the free throw line more than us. Other than that, it was a very even game.

I really am finding the Nuggets more exciting without CB and Melo from what I'm seeing so far. Dark Horse.

18. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I was pretty surprised by this. The lockdown unit Q used with Bynum-Gordo-Daye-CAS-Weezer looks on paper like a strong defensive unit. They did have one good sequence though in the beginning of the fourth when Felton dominated the boards while his team was firing treys again and again and again and again.

Denvers team looks pretty deep when you add Gallo and Spellcheck to this group.

19. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey had a couple of loooooong embraces after the game. He was in rare form last night. He was a couple of head pats away from resting his head on someone's shoulder.

Stuckey went 0-4 with a few board and 4 assists last night in 23 or so minutes. In all honesty I think it was one of the 10-12 best games he played this season.

Watching Rip start and get featured like Jordan after all that happened this season made me feel like I am watching a historically bad/dysfunctional team at work. I am thinking along the lines of the Ted Stepien era Cavaliers or some of the Clippers teams when 10 guys were free agents at the end of the year.

Starting at the 6 minute mark of the 2nd Q there were probably 10 times I said to myself, "Woah, they've given up XXX points already!".

That was a Joe D wet dream starting 5 last night.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I didn't notice Stuckey hugging anyone after this game. He was on the bench, so I'd imagine he probably just headed off to the lockerroom after the game, but maybe I missed it? I know I saw Ben and a couple others embrace JR Smith after the game, which is just disgusting, after that showboating clown was shooting threes in a 31 point game. That tool should have been floored for those antics, but alas, this team has no heart or toughness.