1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Denver Nuggets Jan. 9th, 9:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2009' started by Dlev59, Jan 1, 2009.

1. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

wonderful win last night on so many levels... this is a new team, and there learning in the heat of the moment how to win the close games... thats huge.

We all know that max, Amir, AA would have never seen a sec of playing time in the last 6 mins of the game. (probably should add stuckey into that group too) So none of them have much experience in playing the final mins of games.... there coming thru and learning. Name another team that has been in the championship hunt that has had this much of a turnover and not really fallen that far. Were down to 3 players who won the ship with us, 4 if you count the team that lost to the spurs.

Our Bigs are all playing to there potential and within themselves not trying to be something there not... thats all you can ask for them. Loved seeing the good Max last night, lets hope we see it more then less.

Rip.. Rip... Rip... I had been on your side till you had to open your mouth with such a selfish sickening me me me comment. You have noticed that the team really hasn't missed you to much the last 2 weeks, you should be humbled and doing anything/everything to do anything to help out the team. This isn't the weak backup guard team where hunter was just about the best we had to backup you up, you have to earn your time each and every night. No AA can't score like you yet but his all around game is going to make it next to impossible to sit. You notice AI out there running all over with the ball and not turning it over and trying to get everybody involved. (I think he goes out of his way to get Brown involved... I really respect that) You might also notice he's a HOF 1st ballet no doubt. Last but not least there's Stuckey, he's the reason your buddy was shipped out, he's got future all star written all over him. He runs the team nicely and is only getting started, and plays with a sence of urgency that you and Billiups lost 3 years ago.

It doesn't matter if you start/finish... it matters what you give to the team while your out there, you are playing well and you will finish the game I bet, its not your night then a teamate will pick you up.

You have a chance here Rip to be part of something special... by far the best backcourt in the league, or force your way into a trade. I'd take whatever roll was given you and ride this train to what could be a great playoff's. Next year who knows if AI will be here, but if you are going to be a totally selfish player now.... I can say Joe will make sure your not here either.

In closing this is the most fun I've had watching this "TEAM" play since probably 04-05. between the AI and Dysss refusal to lose and the energy of the kids I love how were shaping up.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Amen to that.

I'm especially liking these hard fouls they are dishing out around the painted area. It was very pleasing to watch Kenyon Martin walking around shaking his poor hurt little hand after Kwame prevented a dunk with a karate chop.

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

The Nugget announcers said something about how Detroit wasn't allowing any layups or dunks or paint scoring or something because the Pistons kept hammering guys inside.

Shame linwood didn't get to watch all of it, because he sure like that rough stuff (or so I heard from Darth).

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great post ArmyG

If we are able to pull the proverbial upset tonight, then you got to think some more about the one you let get away in Portland...but its all good so far winning lately with only 1/5 of the that championship team of not so long ago that we all thought should have won 2 or 3 titles.

I too wonder what Curry will do when everyone is healthy... Amir, Alfllolo,Max and even Kwame have proven their worth that we can go 10 deep if needed over the course of the season to allow everyone to be well rested in the post season. Lets hope that once Sheed and Rip comeback, that a couple of these "team" members are not regulated to the end of the bench stunting their growth...

I am sure you and the rest of the army/security intelligence have everything undercontrol in DC for next weeks inaugeration....in the meantime we will do the cheering and provide you with the recaps and commentary.

5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Hey guys, say Hello to my new toy. I am calling it Roscoe...

[​IMG]

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Watch it in frame by frame. Dyess stripped the ball away.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He does have the NBA record for most steals in a season with over 220. So, at least he has one dangerous defensive quality about him. Also, turning the ball over to AI on the perimeter tends to be worse than turning it over to other players, so each steal is probably more effective.

With acive big men protecting the paint, AI's weak containment on the perimeter isn't as big of a deal. This defensive run that we've been on over the last 10 games has happened while AI has been getting 40 mpg.

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't he foul him too, or am I thinking of a different play?

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

It was clean.

10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think I was confusing that with the play before Birdman's block on Stuck.

11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Preacher you can pass the collection plate on that Word.

Billups has gotten it back in Denver. The change was needed by all parties. Chauncey is playing with a renewed energy that could only be found in a new challenge.

AMEN!!!

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

It seems like Curry did an about face with his chair sitting no arguing with the refs bit which is good. It shows adaptability and hopefully will keep Sheed and TG off of the refs a little.

13. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i actually watched it in frame-by-frame after it happened, and you'll want to go back and look. yes, dyess got his hand on the ball, but after his hand got removed jr smith still had the rock in both hands. immediately after, AI got his hand on the top of the ball and slapped it away. moot point either way.

as soon as this game ended the only thing i thought was 'how the heck did we win that??' my dad was laughing because i was more animated than usual, yelling at missed FTs, talking smack to the denver players, etc.

stuck was definitely hurt because there's no way he lets chauncey walk right by him for uncontested layups...well except for the 1st one where he looked elsewhere and chauncey took it to him...but i liked that when he gave up 2 points he usually got them back right away.

awesome game to watch.

14. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Did any body see the pregame ?
    Was it emotional ?
    -
    Anyway CB did what he wanted with whomever was in front of him.
    But in the 4th Q he lost it as he tried to asist.
    -Herrman with an asist.
    Nuggs owned Pistons by 6-10 points from 2sd Q through 3rdQ. Nice steal.
    Tay did make a couple mistakes with T/Os. Playing one on five he had no safety valve.

15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Billups had 23 points only 1 minute into the second half (7 points the rest of the way), and that would have only been 20 if not for a botched assignment.

I think the Pistons did a great job on him in the second half.

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That other guard for the Nuggs got no respect from refs.

17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Carter? Or do you mean Dante (sp) Jones?

I almost forgot how he wasn't allowed to so much as look at AI.

That was pretty cool.

18. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

The one that gave up the fouls. I think it was Carter.

19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The ball was between his hands, but no longer in his hands, after Dyess slapped the ball. It is questionable if the ball would have been held onto if AI had not did what he did. In my estimation, what AI did was not important to the play.