at Denver Nuggets Friday February 26 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Dude you are reading my mind. Add up Bengo, CV, and Weezy and we have darn near $20M sitting on the bench doing SQUAT! OMFG this is starting to drive me bananas!

The major problem right now is Will Bynum, and as much as I like Bynum, and I mean I REALLY like Bynum, our investment is in the ability of BENGO and CV. Bynum needs to sit and we need to move Tay to the Point of the 2nd unit.
    Gordon can not play with Will Bynum or Rip Hamilton, When Rip is on the court he dominates the offensive sets (via 2-chest).
    With Bynum you have 2 awful defenders on the perimeter, add in Austin Daye and it's really bad, sprinkle in some CV and good Lawd - WATCH OUT!!

OK, now I'm about to venture into the Rotation thread with an idea, if I don't make it out of Lee's version of The Bermuda Triangle, tell my family I love them and I'll see them at the Crossroads.
  2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Bynum is playing injured. Fully healthy, he ain't bad on perimeter D. Except of course he has no height. But even injured, he is about 4 times better than Chucky, who so often can't even effect what is going on out there at all.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I would love to see, Ben at center, JJ at pf, Daye at sf and rip and stuck at the guards. Then ya bring Max in for jj and if gordon ever finds his game? we can use him at the 2guard. I just like Dayes upside, he has got a sweet shot and he seems to be smart enough for some trial by fire
  4. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I second this. Time to start looking for whats best long term instead of overplaying veterans for a 5> percent chance of making the playoffs and getting swept. I'm not saying they should tank, I'm saying they should focus on giving prospects more than garbage time and if this leads to more lottery tickets then I'm fine with that. :)
  5. max

max All-Star

To me Day is worth playing for his shooting alone. But he can also play some D and seems to understand the game. Wasn't KG kind of like him?
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kendall Gill?
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'd like to see Daye play too. This seasons already a lost cause. I'd like to see the Pistons win every or 75% of their remaining games, but I know it's not going to happen. Those thinking that the Pistons have a chance to make the playoffs are dreaming.

Play Daye so that he does not become another Amir Johnson type begging for PT in his third season....wait a minute JMAX was barely getting PT in his third year and I won't even mention the nameless one.
  8. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

-
    So, you still like the way CB trolls for fouls ?
    AA getting 35min. was straight up in our face.
    Now you can see how little it takes to seperate a win from a loss.
  9. Brap

Brap Starter

I'm a big Daye fan - but KG was a much better athlete than Austin.
  10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

I don't. Both Rip and Billups' career highs in FTA per game is 6.4, and that wasn't in the same year. They were closer to 10-11 FTA per game. And even then, many of those were of the "ice the game" variety. Not "Attack the rim" FT's.

Given the fact that we don't get even close to that many "ice the game" situations, I would bet we're getting more or at least comparable FTA's from our guards over the rest of the game than we did with Billups/Rip.
  11. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Lets pray for that. Someone said on a talk show that Daye reminded them of KG. Thats good enough for me. And a lot more loveable than that punk KG.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I've not been a huge Daye fan, but just the fact that he plays D with his hands up and makes use of his length is something worthwhile. He got a couple of Melo's shots which is something.

Of course if they didn't draft 3 SF's to go with the"ironman" they already had and hadn't killed themselves looking for the next Vinnie Johnson, then maybe getting some run for him wouldn't be so hard.
  13. linwood

linwood All-Star

Pfffft. Please. Daye is not Kevin Garnett. with some time, and some luck, he may be a poor mans Kevin Durant, which ain't a bad thing.
  14. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

My thoughts xactly.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Daye's guns remind me of a ladies derringer. Does he even know what a "curl" is?
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I'm thinking more like Peja or Rashard Lewis. We could only be so lucky that he turns into a poor mans Kevin Durant.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

A poor man cannot afford a poor man's Kevin Durant.
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing I don't like about JJ's game is that crazy hook from the FT line. Then again, it seems like he stopped trying to do that lately so I'm good.

At the moment he's the only Piston player not named Ben Wallace that is playing more than his contract is worth.