at Denver Nuggets Friday February 26 9:00 pm

Discussion in 'February 2010' started by roscoe36, Nov 3, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Denver Nuggets

Friday February 26

9:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 The Ticket
  2. roscoe36

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I kinda hope Ben discretely slips on a Nugs jersey tonight and no one says anything.
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'm guessing the what could've been will triumph over the what has been tonight.
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Did I hear somewhere that the Pistons have beaten the nuggies seven straight times??
  6. raxrets

raxrets Starter

Leecap will circle around Afflalo and Billups. Pistons won't be mentioned.
  7. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I'm concerned this will not go well.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

That's the same thing I'm thinking.
  9. roscoe36

10. roscoe36

I'll leave chat open, but it is empty so I will watch the game offline.

Will Bynum is playing like total garbage and it is hard to watch Kuester field a tank lineup in the second.
  11. Brap

Brap Starter

It's hard to watch, but we need him to play these guys because we've got to give Joe D the best chance he can to evaluate his team and the young guys going forward.

And we really need the ping pong balls.
  12. roscoe36

What a joke. Charlie Garbage can't even post up Ty Lawson. That's embarrassing.
  13. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

CV is all messed up.
  14. roscoe36

He must be, because I am all of 5'7" and I am pretty sure I could steamroll Lawson in the post! :rofl:
  15. max

max All-Star

Well, it was a good game up to about 3 mins left in the 4th. To borrow one of Lee's lines the coach seemed intent on losing by going going small to close the game. No rebounding, or anything interior.

You guys want to send back CV. I would love to send both of them back. 18mil/yr for a couple of bench guys and not even very good bench guys. Maybe this one was about trying to get BG's shot back is about all I can figure.

One more ping pong ball.
  16. Brap

Brap Starter

Here's the thing about CV and Gordon - their absolute crap defense better be a function of their leg injuries. If not, it's going to really suck having them on the team long-term.
  17. max

max All-Star

I know. And In this salary starved league we better get used to seeing them on the team. Who would want them.
  18. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, trying to argue that Kuester is not coaching to lose games is getting harder. Tonight, we saw small ball get used while excluding Ben Wallace at the end of the game. Ben Wallace was having a great game too. And who was out there? Ben Gordon, who had done not a thing right all night. He gets to close out a game over Ben Wallace? No, this is not just a small ball fixation Kuester has, Kuester wants to lose. In my opinion. No way else to explain it.

Yes, Billups and Afflalo had fine games for Denver, but we did not lose this game because of the matchups of the starters. I do believe that if you just looked at starting unit vs. starting unit, the Pistons had a considerable advantage scoring wise for the game. What hurt us is our bench, an injured Will Bynum, a guy in CV who has probably never recovered from his plantar faceitus, and Ben Gordon who is probably still not 100% after suffering a groin injury. And small ball, especially at the end of the game.

JMAX had a fine game, going 7-9, including some rather long range jumpers for him along with his usual collection of putbacks. But JMAX having a good game does not mean you got to choose him over Ben Wallace at the end of the game. We won a few games not too long ago teaming up Big Ben and JMAX to finish the game. But we went away from it. For no reason, except most likely - Kuester wants to lose the games.

Can't remember much from Tay in this one, but he was holding the Melo fellow in check pretty well - takes a lot of energy to do that. Rip. Not a whole lot. He did hit a three late. Stuckey scored plenty - just did not match his counterpart Billups. And Stuckey got to the line 11 less times vs. Billups, who was at the line, and made, 11 times.

Daye did ok, and got to play both halves. JJ did ok too but got into serious foul trouble. The fact both these guys played tonight is a good thing. Too bad Daye has not been included all year long.

Again, the craziest thing about this one is excluding a guy who had a great game, Ben Wallace, from the end of the game. Anyone else want to come up with a better explanation vs. throwing the game on purpose, feel free to give your opinion.
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

You about did my game report for me with this post.
  20. max

max All-Star

Thanks but it's hard to believe they were trying to throw the game. Only thing I can figure is he was hoping Gordon would bomb a couple of 3's and get his confidence back. Other than that I can't see how he could have possibly thought that closing lineup was a good idea.

Other than Ben W we also had JJ available who sat early in the 3rd with his 5th foul.