At Denver March 9 9PM

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by max, Mar 5, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

At Denver March 9 9PM

tv: tv20

Pistons start a 5 game West coast trip.
  2. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Way to go George Karl for having the guts to talk about benching the likes of Carmelo Anthony.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Karl better watch it........

Carmella will punch him and run................:pound: :pound: :pound:
  5. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

ASB may be even more of a lying whore than McCoskey, but he's a funnier one.

Tayshaun Prince has the miraculous quality of having his defensive reputation reinforced when he gets lit up. Perhaps all he needs to make it to the All-Defensive First Team this season is a 40 or 50 point game from Melo tonight?
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maybe if the Pistons play well enough, we can be the team that got Melo benched. That shadenfreude would be enjoyed by me.
  7. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

Be justright for Melo and AI to mesh against us tonight.
  8. Tyskillz

Tyskillz First Round Draft Pick

Don't care if melo just had his first seed or not our Pistons need this game tonight and have some seriousl business to attend to tonight!!! Once again as good ole Coach Woodson used to say to my undefeated HS Freshman team (that eventually went on to become Varsity Catholic League Champs my senior year) "YA'LL CAN'T PLAY GUTTER-BALL WIT THESE BOYS!!!!!" True to those noble words our Pistons DO NOT want to play gutter/rec ball with the nuggets, a good game for denver is how many alley oops they throw and complete in 48 minutes, seriously. With that said I definitely want our squad to be aggressive from the gate offensively, no more slow BS starts... The rest of the team could learn a lot from Rip aka #32 in the art of coming to work EARLY & ON-TIME every night! We don't want to sit up and trade baskets with denver, we want to make them take bad shots, control the defensive glass, and make them pay for their poor shot selection, not to mention take advantage of any turnovers we can cause (definitely will miss LH in the causing opponents havoc dept). Bottom line I'm looking forward to the return of our Detroit Pistons (tonight) and wish to bid good ridance to the etroit pistons we've been watching lately... GO PISTONS!!!!!
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Even if AI and Melo get it together offensively between them, this team has no defense. And we do have a defense of sorts. So I think we will win this game.
  11. bezeach

bezeach First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

Rasheed got a technical, does this mean that he's out next game against the Clippers?
  12. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Great games from Wallace, McDyess, Prince, and Webber.
    Decent games from Maxiell, Hamilton, and Saunders.
    Poor games from Billups, Delfino, and Murray.

Rasheed picked up another tech, but the Paperclips are terrible.
  13. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Third quarter was the difference tonight, as the Pistons played well while the Nugs melted down. Momentum swung back and forth a few times in the fourth, but a slew of turnovers and bricks by Carmelo helped to prevent Denver from getting any closer than 6.
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Carmello: 6-21 FG's, 17 Points, 2 assists, 5 fouls, and 7 turnovers.
  15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, we won, which is nice. But our bench hardly played. Not good. No further in developing a bench. No further toward winning in the playoffs. Pretty much a wasted opportunity.

Webber was golden, missing only one shot on his way to 20. Just shy I believe of a 2nd straight 20-10 game for him. (1 or 2 rebounds off). Webber hit outside shots, drove in for a dunk once, scored in the post, scored on cuts to the basket. And a few assists. Remember two things. Webber averaged a 20-10 last season, and he is far healthier this season vs. last. For pretty much free, what a pickup by Dumars.

Sheed knocked down 3 triples, cleared lots of boards. A very cheap technical, one you would think for sure will be rescinded, marred a pretty good game by Sheed.

Dyess, Delfino, and JMAX all hit a couple of shots. Murray played the backup point minutes. Only JMAX did not see 2nd half action. But again, time for all the bench players was very limited in this one.

Tay scored some, but more importantly held Anthony to what must be amongst his worst games of the season. Anthony had more turns vs. shots made, and probably missed more shots than the rest of his team combined. (Exageration but you get the point-the Melo fellow shot a lot-a lot of very bad shots.)

CB had his shot going early. Not threes though. Rip as always just continues to be a scoring machine.

This game featured two things, a lot of made shots by the Pistons from the outside, but yet plenty of inside play from Sheed and especially Webber. Pretty good balance on the scoring all the way around, Denver never knew what we were going to do next.

The Pistons got a nine point lead with our bench in early 2nd. Our starters came in way too early to end the 2nd, and the game was tied up. Yep, I was dreading the 2nd half. Denver. Starters overplayed in the first half. A bit too much energy from Webber tonight, and that timely pair of triples by Delfino and Sheed early fourth, saved a poor coaching job from Saunders from doing us in.

Of course, Anthony helped us a lot too. No D, bad shot selection. You can certainly see where Karl is coming from when talking about benching the guy. But no coach in Denver has had the guts yet to actually do it, even though they have threatened to over and over thruout his career so far.

I see someone said Delfino had a bad game. Gee, 2 of 3 shooting. On one sequence, Delfino took the offensive charge on one end, then fought for the offensive rebound on the other end, resulting in us getting the ball. And that triple in the 4th was clutch. Sure, he did not play many minutes, but he did fine for the minutes he got.

JMAX scored 2 times from posting up. The first time going to the middle from the left and rising way up for his shot. The 2nd time he got the ball on the right baseline and just elevated and hooked it in. One for 2 at the line. JMAX has got to improve that free throw shooting. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice to kick off of the road trip with a win and to stop the two game slide. They did their traditional end of the half meltdown allowing the Nugs to out run them 20-11. But came out defensively oriented in the 3rd building a 17 point lead and ending the quarter leading 74-62. Well as you all klnow the Pistons came into the game 27-2 when leading after 3 so as I said in the chatroom, once we got to the 90 this game was a W for the men from Motown.

However the Pistons relaxed to much and the Nugs come within 80-74 with a little over six minutes left in the contest before Cwebb came back in to restore order with a dunk and two sweet passes.

Sheed got his 18th tech in the second qtr, so unless the league rescinds it, I think he may be out of the Clipper game Sunday. Rip got a tech too and he is up to 11 now.

This was Pistons best game of the month on both the defensive and offensive end. The held the Nugs to only 30 points in the paint after giving up 56 to the Cavs on Wednesday. They held them to 38% shooting and forced them into 19 TO's including 7 by new papa melo.

We complain about Flip...but I don't think Karl can corral his to supastars into the playoffs IMO.

CB still in a shooting funk and is now 1-21 from beyond the arc in March. He needed to dunk one shot just make sure it was in after missing a couple of ez layups. Thank goodness for CWebbs 9/11 shooting and Sheed's three 3 balls. oh yeah and the 19 pts from the bench mob....

I can sleep easy tonight:)
  17. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

40 wins !!!!
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Better. This is the Piston team we have seen glimpes of only this season but a team that can show up for the big dance. Yes, Denver is bad but good to see that we can still impose our will: grind, lock down, grind. Yes.

Billips actually took good shots--that is all I ask. The ball actually came back to him--there was really a play. Can he and Rip practice shooting around the basket though? I wish Rip would just stick to the mid-range game.

Like to see Prince used more for a set up three. That would spread the defense as they do in the West. He can post up when convenient. He can shoot.

As Lee said, Webber. The guy is getting that shot back--the one I use to watch against the lakers.

When Sheed plays, he can be impressive. And Rip is indeed a scorer.

Good to see JMax on that jumper. If he hits that, watch out!

If this team plays like it can, we can go to the big dance.
  19. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

lapiston - They need to stop being so inconsistent!

Let's hope Sheed doesn't blow all of his free playoff techs in the first round because he plays much more spirited when he is ticked off.

I saw most of the game but started to pass out towards the end. This west coast trip will be hard to stay up for.

Boy has CWebb been a godsend or what? 20 points, 9 boards and recently a few really good defensive plays.

Billups continues to struggle, 6-17 last night from the floor and at least two of those were layups. He's hit 1 three pointer this month (5 games), 1-20. He hasn't made a 3 in his last three games. That's huge.
  20. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Sheed, the team player:

He was unapologetic for drawing the second-quarter technical after jawing at an official. "It don't matter to me," Wallace said of the fine he'll draw. "They think suspending me one game, I'm losing all this money and this and that. Money ain't nothing to me for the simple fact I wasn't born with it. Just as fast as you get money, you can lose money. Money's not going to change my character, money's not going to change the person I am."
    Wallace, who scored 17 points and grabbed 10 boards, will miss the Pistons' game Sunday at the Los Angeles Clippers. He thinks the team can do just fine without him for a game.
    "We're still going to go out there and play Pistons basketball," he said. "We still got guys who can play. I ain't worried about (missing the game)."