1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Dallas October 19th, 8:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2007' started by Dlev59, Oct 18, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Lets get one thing straight here before we go on to anything else. Maybe English is my second language. However, I've got perfect handle on the language and I received my education here, in the good ol' US of A. I got my BBA as well as MBA in Michigan. Therefore, there is no language barrier and I understand what you are writing perfectly. Also, I hope that you have read things that I wrote and can notice my understanding and command of the language.
    Now, could you, please, point out all the positives in this particular sentence out of what you wrote:
    I dare you to find something positive in this sentence.
    Yes, you do say that you're hoping for the best and so on, and so forth... But that just that, a hope. Yes, you did describe the game and what the players did. But that doesn't change the tone of the message I am reading.
    Anyway, please don't play the "language barrier" card with me.

2. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

This thread is a game thread.

At Dallas October 19th, 8:30 pm.

Final Score: Mavs 122, Pistons 94 :pout:

:focus::grouphug::focus:

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

max looked great in his limited minutes. dice looked awful.

stuckey did very poorly on offense, but played pretty good defense ... he picked it up when dallas had their scrubs in, but was trying too hard against their starters. you could tell he was getting frustrated with himself and forcing the action. however, he's playing the 1 and he had to go up against some very talented and quick young guards in harris and terry. it'll take time - i'd rather he get these mistakes out of the way now.

afflalo made good cuts and played solid defense, and his shot looks just fine. nothing bad to say about his performance. samb looked decent yet again, with a strong finish at the rim, challenging shots, and stopping a dunk attempt that looked clean, even though he got called for the foul. maybe it's the high socks. mejia looked good in limited minutes.

what didn't look good was our team defense. yowzas.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I was hoping it was the language. You know, give you the benefit of the doubt and all. If you expect me to put no negative sentences in all my posts, forget it. There are also many positive things in that post. So you can choose to talk to me about the positives, which I would much prefer, or you can, as you did, characterized my post as negative, ignoring all the positives. That I don't like.

PS, by the way, with your fancy degree & all, yes, you should be able to pick a positive message out of even the sentence you cited. How can you "lose" a season, unless you have a season to lose. The statement implies (if you take it context of the rest of the post), that we can indeed win a championship this season - a very positive thought - , but that we are losing it by having other priorities.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Was I the only one who thought the starters did not look ready to play?

6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What did I pick up from all the posts up-stairs ?
    Flip Sr. has had no game plan to play with the youngsters. Shame.

7. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Nope. I'd say the same. It's the first game I caught this year. Watched it with my girlfriend who loves the pistons but isn't a lifelong basketball fan. She was kind of amazed by how disinterested the starters looked. I thought about it and I know it's a preseason game and all, but Dirk looked interested for Dallas, so did Devin Harris, etc.. So I don't know. I do worry that these guys are just waiting around for the playoffs, which may or may not work (probably not, of course), but either way would make for an excruciating season. Hopefully I'm wrong, and it was just this one game.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think it was so obvious the starters treated this like an exhibition and dallas treated it like the regular season / playoffs that none of us actually bothered to say it :)

9. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

it was said in pregame that dallas was considering/treating this as a regular season game, and we were not. i honestly expected us to get blown out, with back to back games the starters are probably looking at the game against sa tonight as more important.

its preseason folks..... its about getting work in, thats it. its like jv football games in highschool, the record doesn't matter... its just about getting to the next step in a better postion to be ready.

10. max

max All-Star

They sucked. Looked disinterested or that they were trying to pace themselfs. Its obvious playing them is not accomplishing anything so may as well play the projects as much as possible. At least they would have an excuse for the poor pre-season record.

11. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

It's doesn't really look at this point like that is happening either.

12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star