At Dallas Oct 15th 8:30PM

Discussion in 'October 2009' started by max, Oct 15, 2009.

1. max

max All-Star

At Dallas Oct 15th 8:30PM

tv: HdNet, NBA tv.

Whatever station HdNET is. Game will be shown on it.

2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

That's Mark Cuban's station.
    Thay have a big studio here in Denver and I've done some freelance work there before.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm excited to actually see these guys in action. Wishing Charlie V was playing in these games so that we can get some chemistry going with him.

4. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Could be a blessing in disguise. This will make Charlie see that in order to start he will have to maintain the defensive effort and defensive effectiveness that Kwame and Ben bring to the table.

5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I am very psyched and very curious to see our Detoit Pistons in some actual basketball action tonight. It's so wierd to me that we've had so much roster turnover that I just figure I'll barely recognize the team. Well, I guess I'll recognize the starters because of Rip and Tay, but the bench will look real strange to me without Afflalo and Amir. I was definitely attached to those guys but I'm sure I'll find new bench guys with "potential" to root for. Anyway, it's all terribly exciting and I'll be decorating the sports media room in Pistons red, white and blue starting an hour before tipoff!

6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You rock, Kim! I've missed seeing you around the forum.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Prince, Charlie V, and Ben Wallace all getting the night off.

So, this opens the door to get a good look at Daye, Jerebko, and maybe Summers.

Also, Stuckey at the 3 some more! At least he's strong enough to hold his position and quick enough to stay in front of them. I'm open minded about this still... as long as Tay doesn't play PF.

8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Forgot to set the DVR!!!

I wonder if CV being out has helped the 3 guard line-up by letting them do what they do best.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Who wants chat tonight? I will fire up the chat room (if I can remember how) if we will have 5 not including me...

10. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Are you promising that it won't include you just to get more people to join? :pound:

11. roscoe36

My popularity is at an all time low. And to be honest, that is way less pressure on me to please everyone, so it is a good thing. :)

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

At least your Canadian friends Jammer and Darth still love you.

:inlove::canada::inlove::canada::inlove::canada::inlove:

13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

No one wants to chat? Or doesn't anyone have NBATV? How can you guys NOT have NBATV? It's like $4.99 and includes the NFL channel and all the college channels! Please. Well, Roscoe I want to chat. LOL. The game starts in 50 minutes. Surely someone wants to chat about the new look Pistons! And you know even if we run out of things to say about the Pistons, Laimbs and I can always chat about next year's American Idol or something cool like that.

14. roscoe36

I'll open chat anyway if I can remember how. :)

15. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I will be there, but only before the game starts. I do have NBA TV, so I will be writing up the game after its over.

16. roscoe36

17. max

max All-Star

I got it in. Never knew I had that channel. Worried it would zap out after the pre-game but it's still on.

18. roscoe36

Kim kept me company, but everyone else bailed.

Pistons stunk it up in the second half.

Still, fun to watch the kids. Jerebko is a keeper. And Kwame looks twice as good as last year. He actually looks like he has worked on his game.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Somebody tried pull the plug on the shot clock around the 9 minute mark of the 4th...I think it was Joe Dumars trying to end the game early. :)

Our main core of players couldn't stop the Mavs even without Marion and Josh Smith playing, so the big question mark is where is our D? (second is how much did Rip pay his barber??

The all rookie team plus Chucky was even worst getting outgunned 21-15 in the 4th qtr with the Pistons scoring the last six pts of the game to make it look respectable:) (Final 113-88 Mavs)

20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

The game was entertaining enough in the 1st half, although by the end of a 2nd half that lasted seemingly forever it was hard to recall much good about the game. Stuckey scored a bunch, 17 points, in that first half. Daye scored 8 including consecutive 3's.

Ben Wallace sat out. Prince is injured with a minor foot injury. CV is apparently going to play this Saturday vs. the Griz.

Daye got the start, but he did not play long, as apparently the new coach is clueless about how silly it is to play small ball, and went to small ball most of the game. I wonder what clown Dumars will come up with next year to repeat the same old mistakes.

In all, the team looked like a bunch of strangers, and indeed, they were - as Rip was the only guy out there tonight from the old team of a few years back when championship caliber basketball was played in these parts. Not a whole lot of team basketball. Maybe one pass, maybe none before a shot went up. Bynum had to be the worst in this regard. Not that Gordon is far behind.

Kwame is hitting some fairly long outside shots, like 16 or 18 feet. And he tries his best to get the ball inside too, but his game shows a lot of plain flat out inexperience. Hey, run someone over before just dodging them and throwing up junk.

JMAX is simply not part of the offense. He needs a lot of shots to get going. He ain't going to get them. I like JMAX a lot as a player, but really, this team is not going anywhere and if they trade him to a team that can make use of him, great.

Wilcox seems like a run of the mill player. The kind I don't like. No particular talent, nor asset, that makes him standout. Either of Afflalo, or Amir, who we let go for nothing to make room to sign Wilcox would be far more valuable to us than Wilcox. The 2nd half of this game was screaming for defense, and Afflalo or Amir, or both, would have been great to have.

Jerebko does not look bad, but again, just a run of the mill player. Not great at anything. For a lottery bound team, he fits just fine.

Washington and Summers just got some GT action, so I won't judge them too harshly.

Atkins got to play again, just more reason to call out Dumars for hiring his buddies.

With no real point guard, Rip's lack of skill handling the ball really, really stands out as a problem.

If all this sounds negative, hey, the Pistons got slaughtered tonight - and anybody Dallas sent out there played within a team concept and just kept butchering us. It was bad.