at Dallas Mavericks Tuesday November 23 8:30 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I was going to say Pistons by 6, but then I remembered that Q will probably have Daye guarding Nowitzki.

We lose by 15.
  3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Tough game, we don't usually play very well in Dallas, even when we were good. I'm noticing something with our team, it's a given that we're going to lose the battle upfront, but we seem to struggle the most when we lose on the perimeter. Until we can get some size and skill upfront the key to us getting to .500 is winning the guard game on most nights. Can't let Terry, Butler and Barea get off tonight, Dirk will get his. Good test tonight!
  4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Big Dirk v 'Lil Dirk tonight!!!!
  5. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

What happened to A-Daye being Rashard Lewis 2.0?
  6. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

it was misquoted. originally it was "A-Day = 0.2 Rashard Lewis"
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Player A is averaging 11.6ppg / 5 rpg - shoots 41.4 FG% / 39.3 3FG% / 78.6 FT% while playing 31.8mpg in his 12th NBA season and will make over $19.5M this year.

Player B is averaging 9.7ppg / 4.4 rpg - shooting 44.4 FG% / 51.7 3FG% / 83 FT% while playing 22.3mpg in his 2nd NBA season and will earn $1.8M this year.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, 'Shard is SUCKING this season.
    He's being DROPPED in a lot of fantasy leagues.
  9. Walter

Lewis has never been worth the money Orlando paid him.
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Isn't it funny how the big contracts Orlando gives out in Free AGency NEVER seem to work out, Hill and McGrady were always hurt and Rashard's contract was just stupid. Hats off to the Poston brothers (from Saginaw, Mi) who negotiated Shards contract! OK, Back to Dallas.

Ben Gordon seems overdue for a Monster game!
  11. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Maxiel guarding Dirk is a horrible idea. Dirk has 7 points in the first couple of minutes.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bynum looked good out there in the first half, much more under control and playing some good defense. The reserves really got the team back into the game after the 16-2 Dallas start.
  14. Walter

Man, didn't see the first half, but what a disappointing loss. We were doing great in the 3rd, up by 11 at one point. And then, in comes Bynum and Gordon. That's a terrible backcourt. Bynum also made a lot of bad choices in the 3rd. I saw him dribbling around the 3pt line and taking a shot from just inside the arc. He's not a long range shooter and he's taking the worst possible shot; a 2pt attempt from the 3pt line. The team went back to doing isos and soon the lead was gone. The starters came back in. By that time the lead was 3 for Dallas. And then, in the 4th, inexplicably Q goes with smallball lineup to close the game: Stuckey-Gordon-Rip-Prince-Maxiell. We had Prince and Maxiell going against Dirk and Chandler! Obviously, we didn't get any rebounds at all and Dirk abused Tay and eventually went off for 42 points. If it weren't for some tough shots Tay and Rip hit in the 4th, this would've turned into a blowout.

The thing I don't get is, the entire time we were playing smallball in the 4th Gordon didn't take a single shot and he handled the ball maybe 3 times. If you're not going to use a shooter like Gordon, what's the point of going small? Put Monroe in there to finish the game so at you can grab some rebounds.

Talking about Monroe, the kid can ball. He's got a knack for snatching rebounds. But he can't lift off the floor. He can become a special player in this league if can improve his vertical lift to double digits.
  15. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That last possession, where we TWICE couldn't come up with a defensive rebound, is a perfect example of why small ball always fails. Hard enough for us to rebound as it is, much less when you handicap ourselves by playing that lineup.

This loss is on Kuester. The players played hard and played well.
  16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah but the Pistons led by 12,,,,, 60-48 and I thought uum, an upset in the making. Then two quick scores by Terry and Dirk, and Q called a TO, put Bynum with about 2:50 left in the third and all we managed to get the rest of the qtr was a FT from Big Ben so the 12 pt lead was down to 5.

There was no offensive flow while he ran the team and we went 3 mins mid way through the 4th with out scoring at all and by the time Bynum sat the Mavs were only down one. 67-66. Max came in with Stuckey and after a Bengo three, the Mavs took over and it was catchup the rest of the way.

Rip and CV a combined 2-13, in fact nobody had a good game shooting except Stuckey and Tay. Explains why there only 11 assists tonight and TMac had 4 of them.
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Dirk is unguardable. If he's hitting, he's hitting.

I don't see any reason to double team him since he just shoots over the top of everybody. May as well stay on the other guys.

Monroe is looking good to me. He has surprising quickness, which partially makes up for the lack of hops.

What a pass to Stuckey (where Stuck unfortunately missed the layup). Probably shocked him that he got that dump off from a rookie big.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Those missed rebounds weren't a result of small ball, they came off long to the perimeter, that's the guards responsibilities, also Gordon Stretches the defense and allows driving lanes to the hoop as players are reluctant to leave him, notice Tay got 2 really good drives to the hoop late as did Stuckey, it was a good coaching move and it was smart to have him out on the floor.

Monroe Sucking in the paint has become the most irritating thing for me so far this Piston season, it's driving me up the wall, it's like nails on a chalkboard, he gets no props from me until he can actually make a layup on a consistent bases, he gets stuffed more often that a Thanksgiving Turkey.

Thank You, Dirk has been doing this against EVERYBODY for a long time now,him dominating doesn't bother me at all.

See above about GM. As far as I'm concerned he's no better than Cheikh Samb or Johan Petro right about know.

Even though we loss the team was pretty good tonight, we got solid contributions from everyone. Rip, Gordo and CV were off big time so it was hard for us to score enough points to win the game but we almost did. Tonights game was won because Dallas had Dirk. To win these types of games in the NBA you need a guy who can get a shot off with a hand in his face and still swish it. We haven't had that type of player in a long time so it's tough for us to understand that. We needed guys to hit big shots from the perimeter tonight and NOBODY was able to do it, Gordo and CV were blowing shots that normally they hit and that was the difference in the game tonight.

In other news, T-Mac looked GREAT in the first half. Slowly but surely he's coming along. I felt as if he should have closed the game out instead of the cold Gordon but I don't think he has the ability to play, sit and come back in a game right about now.
  19. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and another thing, what's up with Tayshaun Prince's poor FT shooting this season? 55.6% from the charity stripe??? He's worse than Max! Not to mention I think T-Mac has missed his last 7 FT attempts too. Poor FT shooting is biting us in the butt.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We don't want to injure the trade bait. Just need him to keep improving so that we can package him up with Rip and send them to a contender for major space and future value.