At Dallas December 7th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2006' started by Dlev59, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

At Dallas Dec. 7th 8:00PM

TV: TNT

After the Pistons have dropped their last two against lowly Charlotte and the Blazers, they head to Dallas to face the defending Western Conference Champs.

The Mavs have an amazing 11 players averaging double digit minutes. And had won 11 in a row before a loss to the Wiz.

Flip may be forced to play his bench or the deep Mavs will wear down the Pistons.

C`mon Flip, play that bench don`t be scared.........:hoops:
  2. lemonpen

lemonpen First Round Draft Pick

I'm not getting my hopes up.
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's gonna be a BLOWOUT . . .

for Dallas
  4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Earlier on I predicted a 25+ loss, I hope I'm wrong. Dallas is superior to us defensively and offensively so this could get ugly.
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Detroit will bring it and it will be a good game. 2 weak performances. We may not win. But I'm predicting we'll fight.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

we'll get up for a TNT game after being embarassed twice in a row.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I hope so. The good thing is, I like the Mavs and Mark Cuban, so even if they get up on the Pistons, I should still be able to enjoy this game.
  8. max

max All-Star

I am leaning to that viewpoint - will it be enough?

I will say +-5 points either way. Depending on how the ball bounces and the whistles get called.
  9. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hope so. But I'm afraid that these guys have bought into the cool calm nothing ruffles us thing. I'd sure like to see them embarassed or mad or something.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

One thing is for certain...

If this is a blowout, the press is going to have a field day with this team. The sky is gonna fall...the sky is gonna fall. This is really our first test against a championship contender.
  11. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If we go small ball, does that mean Tay covers Dampier, Rip gets Josh Howard, and Murray guards Stackhouse?

Dallas by 40.
  12. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am heading off to the game now. Hopefully this turns out to be a good business trip that includes a W here in the AA Center. At least the Pistons have to show up... Hopefully I will have a good game report (Piston win!) when I return to my hotel tonight.

GO Pistons!!!
  13. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

lets just not have a repeat of last years 1st Q at dallas...
  14. roscoe36

Pre-micro-cap

15. roscoe36

I CALLED IT!

PISTONS WIN!
    PISTONS WIN!
    PISTONS WIN!
  16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Great win for the Pistons tonight! They almost blew it with some terrible execution in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, but they were able to hang on. Pistons D was good for most of the game, as the Mavs only shot 42% from the floor. Dirk and Terry had good shooting games, combining for 46 points, but they also committed 8 turnovers between them as the Pistons' D collapsed well when those guys attacked the rim.

Pistons dominated on points in the paint, 40-26, and they outrebounded Dallas 44-36. Whatever they put into that felonious chicken, keep it coming!
  17. max

max All-Star

Yes it was a great win. Would have been awfull if the team did not show up but they did. Little annoyed by the "extra coverage" of the Nets/Suns, missed a few baskets there but its not every day you see a team score over 160.
  18. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice win.

As D4E mentioned, they almost blew it at the end, but they were able to pull it out.

Is it just me, or do the Pistons seem to be getting burned on a lot of 24 second violations lately? Dice is really bad for it.

Back in the day, when we were a "lock down D" team and not a "jump shooting team" (*as a cold chill runs down my back while typing those words*) WE used to be the ones forcing the shot clock violations.
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And another thing, whats with the "bonus" coverage crap?!?

A bonus is something EXTRA, not forcing me to watch a game I'm not interested in (although it was a pretty good finish).

That wasn't bonus coverage. That was "instead of" coverage. That was "We think you'll like this better" coverage.

That's like your boss saying "I'm giving you a $5000 bonus this year." But then not paying you your actual salary for the year. "What do you mean your salary? I just gave you a $5000 bonus."
  20. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We took them apart. I know the score was close but we bottled their offense up--just as the Heat did last year. When you play late in the playoffs, people get to figure your game out. Avery knows where he stands and what the team he faced tonight is capable of doing to his guys.

Billips started the whipping by setting the tone early on offense. We were into the passing lanes. We stopped drives and we rotated. Nazi actually looked like he should play. Davis manned up. Tay was active. Rip played some really man-like defense that was totally overlooked by the crew.

Delfino looked good flowing with most of the starters. If we don't lose the ball in the 2nd due to poor point guard play, the game would have been over early. It was just a methodical, old-fashion beating. First time I have seen this new Piston grinding machine and I like what I saw.

Have to stay on Joe to make sure we get what we need for this team for the big run.