At Cleveland March 19th, 8:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2008' started by Dlev59, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

oh i know you weren't singling me out, i was singling myself out :D

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WE all like to take credit for winning but as soon as THEY lose, WE get off the bandwagon . I often change my WE's to just The Pistons and won't take credit for a win or a loss, because Flip always gives me a coaches decision DNP....:MusicBigGrin:

3. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Looks like Dolphin has won Prince over.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That quote made me so angry.

Flip has totally killed the defense leads to offense, defense first worry about offense later mentality.

5. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

As others have mentioned, this is probably a good idea.

6. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Quote:
    "I can't put my finger on it," Billups said after Wednesday's loss.
    But he and several other Pistons suggested a remedy.

"At some point, we have to speed the game up," Billups said. "They are a lot like us. If you walk it up and allow their defense to get set, they will cause you a lot of problems. They are long, athletic and they can rebound. They can really cause you problems if you play at a slow pace.
    "I think we need to pick the tempo up and attack the basket."
    If our captain could have only known it until after this game, we are in trouble.
    If our coach is going to find the "best" mix in coming remain season games in the stretch like some media said, we are in more trouble.
    Mr. Saunders, where're we going ?

Detriot, we have a problem, uhm, we have problems.

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I just dont get it. This Cavs team was missing 4/5 of the D it had last year:

GOODEN
    HUGHES
    GIBSON
    MARSHALL

and got back:

WALLACE
    WEST
    SMITH
    SCERZBIZKAK ...hahaha

and kept:
    JAMES
    Z
    SISSAY
    BROWN

and they're a 'great' defense?? HELL2THENAW!!

This team is just in the Pistons heads like the Nets were. They'tr like little annoying children who we seem afraid to 'smack in the head when they spill their milk"(see Planes, Trains and Automobiles). Thats why we can beat the Pacers(of OLD) the Heat and the Spurs and Lakers. But we cant handle Cleveland?

I'm tired of this LeBron mess. He's one guy. Kobe is supposed to be the best BUT HE's one guy and has 0 rings sans The Big Cactus. Pistons need to triple LeBron (which they are too 'manly' to do) or let him get his 40 and attack him constantly when he's on Defense.

Just tired of this Cav D crap...the best thing to happen to us is if Cavs/Celts meet in the 2nd roundand they beat each other to death!

8. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

By the time, the last time I checked, Tay has been playing great at PG everytime when he was told to take it.

9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

This would be a remedy to a lot of teams we face. We are longer and quicker then alot of our opponents.

10. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Longer? Yes. Quicker? Doubtful. Quickness off the dribble is our biggest weakness.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

All you need to run is athletic quick bigs, and some quick guards or guards that are good at running the break. In fact you don't even need all the players one the floor to be quick.

We can and should run more against BOS/CLE; not always but be selective with it. It would solve alot of problems, but in order to do that Flip has to give Stuck/AA/Amir/Max extended PT esp with Sheed and Tay. Sheed is adept at the outlet pass, and Tay is great at running/finishing on the break. What the Zoo Crew was adept at was playing great D, and getting out in transition. That's where a majority of our scoring in our big wins was coming from. So this our defense not being the problem is really the problem. Instead of depending on making eveyr shot so you can set up; doesn't it make more sense to let the defense create some of the offense; relying on defense will win you games in the PO's.

If we were making adjustments and losing that would be one thing, but to do the same BS over and over again is a/ stupid coaching and b/ makes me feel like an idiot for watching.

12. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Problem is that your proposed "team" will be badly outmuscled( read: opponents get easy baskets in the paint, lots of foul shots and offencive rebounds), so I'm afraid it is not a good option. Bos can be overunned only then when they do not take things seriously, that explains their losses where they allowed 100+ points.

13. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Okay, I have a simple question to throw out here. I taped this Detroit/Cleveland game and have yet to make the time or find the will to watch it. It seems like as I get to be more of a fan, I don't handle disappointment very well. So...should I watch this game? I mean will I learn anything new or important about our team by watching it, or have you guys pretty much covered it in this threadz? Because I really never watch LeBron, but I would be willing to suffer if it would help me in my Pistons fan-dom. Whaddya-think?

Also if the consensus is that this game is probably the way we will handle the playoffs, then I'd rather have my bubble burst now then later. I was just sure we would have an young active bench and rested legs this time around. So...I'll cue it up and then wait for anyone's input. Thanks.

14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Typical overreaction, nothing more. I deliberately avioded visiting this page for some days cuz nothing reasonable you can hear from fans who are closer of commiting "collective suicide".

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I'm not saying make it an all the time thing, but use it frequently with the bench as well as the starting unit.

I don't really see how a Sheed/Amir frontline will get allow a team to get easy baskets in the paint, or give up O rebounds. In fact that seems to be a problem when we have our supposed "muscle" guys in. I'm not advocating small ball or running all the time. I'm saying we should make a conscious effort to push tempo selectively, and drive to the basket, and also take advantage of the Zoo Crew (W/ Sheed). They were playing fantastic defense (perimeter esp). When your not letting 50 players get into the paint, there's alot less oppurtunity for your bigs getting out of position. Alot of those easy baskets we give up are due to giving up tons of dribble penetration. Of course we'd have to match-up accorrdingly when there is more than one dominant post presence, but honestly who has that ??, and in the case of playing aginat Shaq/Amare, Max/Amir seemed to handle it well enough (although i don't recall if they played much together). Amir got otmuscled by Amare some, but that was in GT, and Sheed wasn't in the game.

I see Sheed/Amir or Sheed/Max being a better combination against Z/Varejeo or Z/Ben than Sheed/Dyess, or even worse Varejeo/Ben vs Dyess/Theo.

In fact the line-up of Chauncey/AA/Tay/Sheed/Amir would probably be a very successful lineup againt CLE or BOS for that matter.

In the games against CLE/BOS, we were killed by penetration/or lack of ability to close out on shooters. We were outrebounded with our "big" bigs. So it seems that a/our frontline is too slow and b/our muscle guys need to work on their muscles apparently. Solving this or at least tempering it is a fairly easy solution. Now if were going to stick to Dyess playing 40 min and 65 year old Theo being our energy guy off the bench we're screwed.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

What will you say when this happens in the PO's ?

17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I caved and watched it. I was dissappointed, but i'm a big advocate of the bench and i get really frustrated at the rotations. In all honesty to me it was like watching a repeat of Game 6; the only brightspot was Stuckey getting some important min; so i guess if your looking for our young active bench, you're going to be dissappionted. It is interesting for the sake of i guess dissecting our new match-ups V CLE, and if you love Ben he played well . . .

18. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

Very nice ... on the paper. In a reality they(Chancey/AA/Tay/Sheed/Amir) will see bad turnovers or clock winding down and desperate 3pt shots from Sheed. And AA gets his rookie calls when tries to defend lebron.

19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Kim no need to watch it, some of it was a rehash of last years ECF and you don't ever want to watch that any more as we are still get reminders of it at least once a week since last June. Hopefully Joe showed the game to Flip and the players Thursday and Friday to punish them. In the meantime, it's time to move on to the next game.
    Happy Easter, Go Pistons